Who is baby's buddy besides YOU!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2008, 07:24 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jonah has a pink monkey we call punky that he loves to hug on....he also recently decided that the kitties should be hugged, although the kitties don't fully agree.....

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 19th, 2008, 07:53 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You mean there's something else she can hold onto besides ME??

She likes her baby doll a little, but she isn't really attached to anything.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

May 19th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Well Gaby has some toddler friends
Josh - my friend Serena's little boy, he's 3 months older than Gaby
Maddi - my friend Ann's little girl, she's about 2 weeks older than Gaby
Ryan - my friend Mel's little boy, he's about 5 months younger than Gaby

she also loves her stuffed toy cow - 'Moo'

May 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I just dare you to try to pry his crayons from his clenched fist!!! You know, he has to have one handy for when he finds a freshly cleaned and unmarked wall or the kitchen floor or a book I'm reading and of course my laptop monitor. He won't even let go of them when he gets in bed or if I try to change his clothes. Do you know how hard it is to get an arm out or into a sleeve when it has a crayon with a white knuckle grip? So we don't have a favorite stuffed or real animal but he just looooooooooovvvvvvveeeeeesssssss his crayons.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
May 20th, 2008, 08:16 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
about the crayons!

Ben is Alex's favorite person in the universe! They are quite funny together. Alex also loves when Grandpa stops by and gives him shoulder rides. He doesn't really have a "cuddle" yet, so I'm trying to get him hooked on a blankie. We hold it when he nurses at bedtime, in hopes that eventually he'll cuddle the blankie at night instead of asking/screaming to nurse every few hours.

Beckie - Alex "hugs" our kitties, too. They're not too excited about it either, but it doesn't stop the little one from getting in his crib and stomping him awake.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
May 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Love the crayon story!!!!

Mak loves "Pinky" her pink teddy bear, but she also LOVES Molly (our chocolate lab) and our 2 cats. She loves to touch them and the animals are amazing with her. They snuggle up near her and let her touch them (DH & I are right there of course). Molly even brings her stuffed toys to Mak and gently places them at her feet.

Mak also has a special spot for her 2 granddad's (my dad "papa" and my FIL "grampa"). As soon as either of them walk into a room she just lights up and does anything in her power to get into their arms.
May 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Miles doesn't really have any toys that he snuggles with but he loves to throw balls. As for people....he loves, loves, loves my SIL. She usually watches him one day a week. He has to be in her arms most of the time she is around and he yells if she leaves. When she came to get him today, he kept pointing at her car...like, "well, come on, lets get in the car a go!" He doesn't even want to hug me goodbye because he's afraid that he won't get to go with her if he lets me hold him. =(

I miss my lil guy when he's gone but it's a blessing that he loves his aunt so much. She has one son that's 17 and she tried for many years to have another baby...but never was able to. Sometimes I think that Miles knows that she needs lots of his love and he gives it to her!

June 2nd, 2008, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sydnee loves her 3 "nana's". That is blanket to her. I think she got nana when we would tell her, lets go night-night. Oh, and her paci. She only gets that when she sleeps or is in the car. Other times, it is locked away. But that nana...has to be within her eyesight at all times.

As far as people go...I am her favorite, but she spends the most time w/me. Next in line....who knows? She likes daddy, Grandma and Papa (my mom and step dad. Funny story, she WILL NOT say grandma, or any form of it. She calls my Mom, momma, or just points and giggles.), Aunt Cici and Uncle Kookoo....But if I had to guess it would be our dogs...Max and Betsie, or as Syd calls them....Bubby and Lulu. She asks for them all the time. Loves to give them kisses and hugs and to pet them. They in turn, Love her right back.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search