Quick Updates

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is/are your little one(s)?
What's their latest trick/accomplishment?
What do they do to make you laugh?
What do they do to drive you crazy?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
July 28th, 2008, 11:25 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is/are your little one(s)? Ben and Sarah are doing well.

What's their latest trick/accomplishment? Ben is scooching and can turn himself around 180 degrees. Sarah is going potty on her own and has been wearing panties for 4 days now.

What do they do to make you laugh? Ben's cooing and smiling up a storm...doesn't really make me laugh per se... but definitely puts a smile on my face. Sarah...well she makes me laugh ALOT with her silliness and use of big words. She's a hoot!
What do they do to drive you crazy? Ben's too young to drive me crazy. He's a wonderful natured baby. Sarah's strong will and desire to get her own way, can make me batty at times, however! lol

Extra update: Ben had his 4 month today. Even being a monh early, he's in the 50th % in height, weight and head size. And....he's healhy and on target developmentally....AND cutting his 2 bottom teeth!

July 28th, 2008, 11:25 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Oops....duplicate post!

July 29th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How is/are your little one(s)? Syd is doing GREAT!!! Growing like a weed and talking up a storm!!!

What's their latest trick/accomplishment? She just learned to JUMP!!! She is going pee on the potty...not all the time, but at least we are starting. It is funny...she now knows when she is going potty and is telling us pee, pee while she is going in her diaper. Also, as soon as she is done pooping, she says pphhheeewww butt and heads to her changing table to get her pants changed. My goal is to have her potty trained byt the time she is two!!!

What do they do to make you laugh? She makes me laugh....all the time. She is such a joy!!! When she does something new she makes a OOOOHHHH!!! face and it just cracks me up.

What do they do to drive you crazy? Her constant love of shoes!!! Always has to have them on and she like to change them too....ALL DAY LONG!!! It drives me crazy, but she could be doing much worse.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

July 29th, 2008, 03:40 PM
How is/are your little one(s)? Alex is doing great. He passed his 15 mo check with flying colors (first time ever). Ben is getting tired of summer and ready for school to start again.
What's their latest trick/accomplishment? Alex is trying to put on socks and shoes by himself...his or anyone else's. Our friend watched him last week during the sitter's vacation and he figured out how to push a box up to the couch so he could climb up on his own. Ben has gotten really good at building lego sets by following the instruction book.
What do they do to make you laugh? Alex loves to talk on the phone, so we gave him an old cell phone to play with. If you do a "ring ring" sound, he'll run over to answer it. "Hey dere. Yeah. Bye." then clicks it shut. Ben mixes up phrases that he's heard us say and they come out soooo funny!
What do they do to drive you crazy? Alex has a thing for plugs and nightlights, so we're constantly chasing him to keep him safe. Ben is 7. And really good at it. He's gotten really mouthy and wants to be older/more independent that he's ready to be.
July 30th, 2008, 02:15 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
What do they do to drive you crazy? Her constant love of shoes!!! Always has to have them on and she like to change them too....ALL DAY LONG!!! It drives me crazy, but she could be doing much worse.[/b]
SHOES! My DD LOVES shoes too! She even has to wear them with her footed pajamas!

Quote:
What do they do to drive you crazy? Alex has a thing for plugs and nightlights, so we're constantly chasing him to keep him safe. Ben is 7. And really good at it. [/b]
Be thankful that he is 7 and not 3! Plugs have been a hobby of my DS since he just about turned 3! He won't play with cars and trucks like a normal kid, but if you give him a couple of extension cords, he could sit and plug for HOURS (and I'm not exaggerating!)!!

How is/are your little one(s)? They are doing fine!

What's their latest trick/accomplishment? DS (3) learned to swim without using his floaties! DD has figured out that if she removes a cushion from the couch seat, that she can then cliimb up on the couch by herself. She is VERY busy chasing DS and trying to keep up with him (monkey see, monkey do!).

What do they do to make you laugh? Everything! Things that they should get in trouble for are sometimes hard to punish them for because it is kind of amusing. DD loves looking for her belly button...that really makes me laugh right now, especially when she is wearing a onesie and can't get to it! DS cracks me up with his stuffed bear- bear even has his own voice! And you can't even imagine the trouble that a stuffed animal can get into ALL ON HIS OWN! The funniest had to be when bear was talking in the middle of the night (DS was talking in bear's voice, in his sleep!).

What do they do to drive you crazy? They need me for everything!! I can't even get 2 minutes to myself while they are awake.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

July 30th, 2008, 09:33 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is/are your little one(s)? Really good!
What's their latest trick/accomplishment? He thinks EVERYTHING is a trick or accomplishment. My FAVORITE new one by far is that LOVES to help with laundry. He stands next to me to unload the washer & puts every piece carefully into the dryer. When it is done I can open the door & literlaly leave him alone & he will remove every single piece & put it into a laundry basket & he even fusses to make sure nothing hangs over the edge at all - even if they are daddy's pants - he keeps tucking & pushing until it is all in the basket. When he finishes he gets a huge grin & pats his own belly & clicks his tongues repeatedly like he is soooo proud.
What do they do to make you laugh? Tons of things. Right now the belly patting & tongue clicking when he is proud of himself is pretty funny. He also climbs on my back any time that I am low enough for him to reach to get a ride. He also has to smell EVERY plant right now & kisses most of them too. He can't actually sniff so he puts his nose on things & blows out his mouth like he's blowing a kiss.
What do they do to drive you crazy? Biting!!! He bites me a LOT. I am just about at my wit's end on how to break him of it. It usually isn't in meanness or frustration (although sometime sit is) - he does it just to do it..because he is excited, because he wants to, just because. He loves to bite ANYTHING....he even likes to bite blankets, toys, the cats - you name it! He is getting better - but it is SLOW progress on this one. He NEVER bites me when nursing - so I know I handled that one right at least - but the same stuff doesn't work for this other kind of biting.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM
Biting can be tricky. Alex does some of that, too, and the only thing that's worked with him is for me to flip him on the chin and say "no bite". He gets really insulted, but it stops the biting. Maybe not the best solution, but nothing else worked for us.
August 24th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How is your little one? AWESOME! She's growing and doing lots now. She refuses all baby food (and has pretty much done so since the beginning) but if she's allowed to feed herself she'll eat pratically anything. She FINALLY cut her 1st tooth at almost 10 months and the following week her 2nd tooth came in but having 2 bottom teeth hasn't stopped her from eating steak, smoked pork chop, teriyaki chicken, homemade waffles, grilled cheese sandwiches, and any fruit she can get her hands on!

What's their latest trick/accomplishment? She's cruising now and soon will be walking. She's figured out how to play independantly and loves toys where she can make her own music.

What do they do to make you laugh? Everything. She's such a joy to watch and dsicover new things. Right now she's speaking her own language and it's very complicated sounding. She even makes herself laugh and sounds like she's speaking something we should completely understand. I just now she'll be my talker!

What do they do to drive you crazy? She's not sleeping through the night any more, but I'm blaming that one on holidays (we co-slept while we were away but she's back in her crib now and we only co-sleep part time in the early morning now). I'm hoping she'll settle again and be back to sleeping through the nights since our bed isn't big enough with the 3 of us (and our lab who thinks she's a child too).
August 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
What great updates everyone!

Nykoal! I can't believe your baby is almost 1!!! Any big plans to celebrate? You know we'll require pics and lots of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search