Zech is four months...where did the time go???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, Sorry i haven't psoted an update sooner, I guess I thought that we all just kind of fell off this forum. I come in and see no new posts and move on. I guess I should post and try to get the ball rolling again. I think of you and your little miracles often and pray for you all, all of the time. I hope we can get this board active. I sure do miss everyone. So please come and tell us about you and yours when you can!

Zech will be 4 months on Saturday. Honestly i think time takes on a whole new concept when you have a baby because it literally does go by so much faster then when you don't have a baby. I remember the days when it felt like time stood still...waiting...hoping...wishing...for that BFP, for tests, for surgeries, for life...Now however I blink and he's grown, he's doing something new, it's all going by too fast. I miss the last four months already! But in the same breath I must say I enjoy every minute of him too. How do these two concepts exisit so simultaniously? Only a mother knows, so I am sure you can all relate to what I am saying.

Right now I am REALLY struggling with going back to work. I am suppose to return to my full time job Oct.1 but I did interview for a part time position today. Please pray I get this. it will certainly makes things financially tight for us but I just can not leave my precious baby for more then is absolutely necessary. I honestly did not know it would be this hard. I have been interviewing day care centers, home daycare, and nanies and nothing meets my expectations and I don't think anything will. I see the babies at a 4 to 1 ratio and just imagine my baby laying there crying because the other 3 are monopolizing all the caregiver's time. I went to a home daycare and the lady started putting Zech inside these toys, like the bouncy seat and exersaucer and I could feel my anxiety rising because I don't know what germy kids were in that thing before my baby was...and then there are the nannies...some want to tote my kid around town with them while they run THEIR errands on the job...riiight. Not going to work. So we will see. I am actually very hopeful that my husband and I will be able to cary our schedules if I get this part time job to the point that we might need just one day of daycare, if that. I have been praying so hard since I gave birth to Zech that god would work this out for us and I think He really is...I'll keep you posted.

Zech's flipping over every cahnce he gets. He loves to satnd as you can see in my signature pic. He talks up and storm and cracks up, especially is you tickle his thighs or turn him upside down. he is also haivng what I call "baby tantrums". he totally has the arching back thing down pat and lets you know when he's not happy. He's a cat napper, usually takes 3 30 min naps a day. he is sleeping 12 hours a night, however he wakes to eat at least twice. it use to be once but for the last 2 weeks it's been more often. I don't know what that's about. He brings us absolute joy everyday.

So here are a few recent pics of the little prince who has stolen my heart in ways I coudl never have imagined before I had him:

This is Zech talking

And him cracking up

Grabbing his toes (I love when he does this!)

Straining his nexk to see the tv..he LOVES the tv!

Just chillin

His two favorite things, standing and looking at himself in the mirror

Our visit to the pool

All that swimming tires a baby out

Hope you enjoyed! Now let's hear about everyone else!!!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
August 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Norina he is SUCH a beautiful boy! WOW! They do grow up too fast, but after what you went through to get him, I know you're appreciating every minute of it. He looks like he is such a joy. And the pic of Zech and daddy in the mirror melted my heart.

I'm sorry that going back to work is so hard. I understand what a difficult prospect that is, as I still struggle some days to have to drop off Alex and he's almost 17 mos. I hope the right thing works out for you, whether that's the perfect day care or the part time job.

And thanks for the update and all the pics (I missed the last ones)!!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 22nd, 2008, 11:10 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a handsome boy! Love the pictures!! They truly do grow up way too fast...and time just slips away. I can imagine the difficult time you are having with going back to work. I'll be thinking of you and praying that God directs you in what you should do.

I will be posting here more often, from now on. I was made to feel a bit unwelcome by one of the hosts of the PR that I had been posting mainly at. Between having had recurrent m/c's and living so far from friends and family now, I need the support and encouragement. Hopefully we can keep this board moving faster together.

August 24th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls! I look forward to us all chatting more often and seeing your little ones grow!

Dawn- ummm someone made you feel unwelcome? That is just not ok? Do you mind sharing why? You know we're always here for you. In these forums, you are ALWAYS welcome and we will laugh, cry, chat, etc with you always. (((HUGS)))

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
August 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is an absolute doll! What a joy he looks like...I bet he keeps you smiling!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 23rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Hey Norina - its Ellie (charliesmummy/4tinybabyangels)

Oh sweetie I look at him and tear up he is just gorgeous xxx
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search