We have babies!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 11:15 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé

So we all know our board has had quite the baby boom! How old are those little ones now? What is a recent developmental milestone they have hit? Have they done/said anything recently that you found hilarious? Do you see another little one in your future? If so, when do you think you may ttc again? What did you do differently (if anything) when you were pregnant with your sticky baby?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 24th, 2009, 11:12 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'll go first then....

Sarah is 4 now. Super creative...loves to dance and sing, paint and draw. She's a funny girl...but can also be real stubborn. *sarcasm added* I have NO clue where she got that from. lol She's truly my miracle baby, not only because of being the first to "stick" after 13 years of infertility and 2 m/c's (due to PCOS), but also because I was not being treated for my blood clotting disorder. I was on the Metformin, prenatal vitamin and progesterone (until week 12) and did have cravings for things high in folic acid (which my body doesn't metabolize properly with the MTHFR).

After 3 more m/c's, I was finally treated for the MTHFR with Heparin, baby aspirin, prednisone, extra folic acid...along with the Metformin and Progesterone shots. Ben and Caitie were the healthy results.

Ben will be 19 months in 2 days. He is my skinny child. lol Never thought I'd have one of them. He's adorable. Climbing and getting into everything. He puts up with a lot from his big sister, Sarah. He chatters alot and sings, but you still can't understand a lot of what he's saying. He keeps in tune, though. Pretty cool for a 19 month old, I think. You know when he's singing Twinkle Twinkle even though you can only make out a couple words in the song.

Catherine (aka Caitie) is almost 5 months old. She is such a happy baby. Always smiling and cooing and squealing with happiness. Although she was a surprise baby (making mommy scramble for treatment when she got her bfp lol), I cannot imagine my life without her. She gives me so much joy!!

My quiver is now full. We are done having babies and I am truly truly blessed.

October 25th, 2009, 12:10 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bumped for others

November 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe Makenna is 2 and Madison is 6 months. I have no clue where the time has gone. I can't believe my 1st loss was 4yrs ago (Oct 31 05). We're all doing well. I had a rough go after Maddie was born between having my gall bladder removed when she was 6wks and recovering, and dealing with her horrible colic and acid reflux.

She's doing awesome now though and such a sweet and happy baby girl. Loves to smile and give huge belly laughs. Makenna is an amazing big sister. So tender and loving and has become my little helper. We're dealing with some typical "2yr old" behaviour right now but on the whole, she's a great kid.

I don't forsee any more children in our future. DH & I both agreed that we would wait a year before he booked his appointment for his vasectomy and after talking about it, he'll be having it done in the spring. Kinda feels weird to think I hae a choice when all of these years I never had a say in my fertility.

Because my losses were a result of my genetic condition I didn't do anything different to have healthy pregnancies. For me it's a crap shoot and a numbers game. I'm in sheer awe and amazement that after 3 losses in a 9 month span in late 05-06 I had Makenna and it was a perfect pregnancy and then 11 months later I got with pg with Madison and wasn't even TTC'ing and it was healthy too.

It's like Madison was the cherry on the ice cream and showed me that it's possible to have a healthy pregnancy and not plan it or do anything extra. I guess I don't want to jinx my record and could literally cry at the thought of TTC'ing again only to suffer more m/c's. 3 angels is enough for me. Besides, unless somebody could guarantee a baby who slept through the night and no colic issues I might consider a 3rd but given that I see to never win that lotto I'm not going to press my luck. I'm pretty sleep deprived since Madison still gets up to nurse every 3hrs at night.

I love my girls and wouldn't change a single of what I went through. It's made me the person that I am today. I've had the blessing of meeting so many women who are either going through a m/c or dealing with infertility and I've been able to be there for them. It's an honour to be trusted like that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search