Looking for some hope Xposted

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 08:04 AM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I pop on here from time to time. I'm michelle (38), and i've had 5 losses over the past year and a few months.

I was just wondering if you've seen success stories for women who are my age and have had 5 losses. I'm starting to lose hope and i just need to know if i am kidding myself if i think that this will really happen. I've had all the testing done and they are thinking my losses are due to my "advanced maternal age"

Thanks for taking the time to read.
May 25th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your losses. My story is a little different in that I struggled with infertility for many years and made peace with not having children. Then I got pg and it was ectopic. I went on to have 3 losses in a 9 month span after being told I'd never have kids.

I had testing to determine my losses and nothing really came up immediately. I conceived my oldest DD and when I was 10wks pg I found out I had a genetic condition that caused my m/c's (not including the ectopic). I have a 69% m/c risk with every pregnancy and a 1% risk of Trisomy 13. I went on to have Makenna after 7yrs of infertility and the losses in 2006. When Makenna was 11 months old I got pg (and was completely shocked since I was BF'ing and we weren't TTC).

I had 2 pregnancies in a row with no loss and no huge complications. There were times where I felt hopeless but my faith kept me going. I learned I was my biggest advocate and had to make sure I was with Dr's who were ahead in their fields and had my best interest in mind. It was a long road but I learned so much about myself and I know it's helped shaped me to become the mom that I am today.

All the best as you travel down your journey.
July 22nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have AMA going against me, but did suffer 3 losses, one at 16 weeks, before having my DD, with no real explanation as to why I couldn't keep my babies in. I can definitely understand the hopeless feeling that accompanies recurrent loss, and the worst part about it is that no one can really tell you if/when it'll ever happen, or when you "should" be done and give up hope. With every loss I figured I'd be done. Then I got pregnant unexpectedly and had my rainbow baby with few complications bar her being 6 weeks early and developing pre-e. Small prices to pay for the ultimate outcome, I know.

Big hugs to you in this very trying time.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
August 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
mellochick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mellochick
I had 6 losses and had my DD two months shy of my 38th bday. So AMA was another complication of my recurrent m/c's. Officially I had 5 losses and one ectopic. I had fibroids, which none of the OB's thought were the culprit, and intermittent/fluctuating anticardiolipin antibody (ACA) levels which can cause blood clotting issues. They treated the ACA levels but either the dosage wasn't right or it wasn't my time because I had two losses on the lovenox. It took 7 months between my 4th and 5th loss, so decided to have a second opinion on my fibroids and also try IVF to speed things up (my losses were over a 4 year time span). First round of IVF I had an ectopic. Then I had surgery to remove the fibroids in December 2008. Had to wait 3 months before I could TTC again. Did another round of IVF and got a bfp that resulted in the birth of my lil miracle baby, Lauren in February of this year. Its a very abbreviated story but feel free to pm me for my email address. Be patient with me as I don't check everyday but if you write I'll write you back. I know how frustrating it can be and it was truly my faith that got me through the pregnancy and brought me my blessed baby girl.

My prayers for a healthy baby to hold in my arms were answered on
February 18, 2010. God is GOOD! Mommy to 6 angel babies.
Nicole
September 15th, 2010, 08:44 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I suffered with infertility for 13 years due to PCOS before being treated with Metformin and being able to conceive. I lost the first two and found out the hard way I had to stay on the Metformin and my dd Sarah was born. I lost three babies before I was treated for a blood clotting disorder. My dd was born right before my 39th birthday.

There is hope! I truly believe that having the right Reproductive Endocrinologist mad ALL the difference in the world!

September 16th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had 7 losses before I had my oldest DS at 29, then surprise 7 months later DS#2 was conceived, suffered 5 more losses before DD was born last year. I had PCOS, low progesterone(with the boys), MTHFR and other high risk things. and with DD I was 34.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search