Heartburn question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2007, 12:46 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At what point after delivery did you get relief from heartburn? Zantac quit working for me, so it's lots of Tums each day now and, really, I'm pretty tired of them! Trying to find the light at the end of this tunnel.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
March 9th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My relief was pretty quick. I had it so bad while I was pg that I couldn't even think of food without getting it and even while I was actually in labor I had it bad. They let me take a Zantac WHILE I was pushing. I have found that the Prilosec OTC works VERY well, even though its quite expensive it's so worth it. I asked my OB about it while I was pg and he said I could take anything over the counter for it. I suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and normally take a Rx for it, but couldn't while I was pg. I really feel for you I can honestly say that was the worse symptom of pg I experienced. When it would get really bad, I would got to 7-11 and get an ICEE and that helped on so many different levels

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
March 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
When it would get really bad, I would got to 7-11 and get an ICEE and that helped on so many different levels[/b]
I bet it did! Thanks for the sympathy. I'm glad the relief should come quickly. That's very reassuring!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
March 14th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel for you. When I was pregnant with Hamish for 3 weeks straight until he was born I had terrible heartburn. I always had a packet of quick eze with me. But after Hamish was born the heartburn went away.

March 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I'd rather be in Forks
My relief was immediate with Matthew, and with my oldest too! I literally had heartburn while I was pushing - and then as soon as he popped out, it was gone. I mean honestly, by the time I thought about it again a couple of hours after both of their births, the heartburn was gone.

If you think about it, it makes sense! The heartburn is caused mainly by the baby itself - it's pushing up against your esophogus (sp?) and causing the heartburn. When the baby's gone, the heartburn is too!

March 23rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
ericahex's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried Maalox or Mylanta? I found the liquid worked best immediately - I went from Tums to Maalox to Maalox + Zantac. I haven't once had heartburn since the baby was born.
March 24th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ive been using the maalox, works pretty well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search