Melting down....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2007, 06:25 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really am turning into a looney woman. Jonah is a terd. He just does not sleep very well for me & it seems to actually get worse the older he gets. He used to consistently give me at least 2 hrs at a time, but now I am lucky sometimes if he does 90 mins. Every day I feel like we are on less of a schedule & try as I might, I can't seem to do anything to change it. He passes out while nursing when I know he hasn't eaten enough (like sometimes at 3 mins) and then I KNOW he'll be awake again in 30 mins- but I can't keep him awake. I have tried everything - including stripping him down & gently rubbing ice along the bottoms of his feet (per is pediatricians suggestion) and he still passes out cold. I just don't know what to do & my work return date is fast approaching & I cannot even fathom how I will work on this lack of sleep & still get anything done at home. UGH. There are literally days I am in a total daze because I cannot function mentally. Any suggestions are welcome - as I am hoping someone might know of something I haven't heard of yet.

On another note - that should be funny to others (although not so funny to me today) - after a rough night where our new brand of diapers repeatedly failed - I went to the store to get diapers today. Luckily I had one of his regulars in the diaper bag to get him in before we left..well while at the store my crabby baby (that hadn't poohed in 36 hrs at this point) poohed absolutely everywhere!!!! It was awful..up his tummy & back, down his legs, it was the equivalent of that 36 hrs all at once. I thought I had a new outfit in his bag - no such luck.....so then I had to go through the store with a poopy baby & buy a new outfit as well. We survived - but I am afraid I probably grossed out a ton of people plus the poor women that witnessed the cleanup in the ladies room.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 19th, 2007, 08:54 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mama!! When Ben was born (3 weeks early) he ate every 90 minutes round the clock and took at least 30 minutes to eat, so max sleep at any time for the first 2 months was an hour. So I sympathize. It's rough! I had to go back to work at 6 weeks. I remember going to work and coming home. That's about it. I was in a daze for a while. That really doesn't help you much or give you much hope, but I do understand. Hang in there...it will get better.

And poor you on the shopping incident! That would be horrible at home, I can't imagine at the store!!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
April 19th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my!!
You are having a bit of a time. I didn't nurse either one of my boys (not for lack of trying) so I dealt with formula fed babies and that makes things much easier when it comes to keeping them awake and getting them full. Have you thought about pumping and feeding him with a bottle first to get him good and full and then finish off at the breast? Maybe it's just so much work he tires out and then doesn't have the energy to get himself full. I know many nursing moms are 100% against bottle feeding, but with returning to work I assume you'll have to slowly get him used to it soon. At Babies R Us they sell a brand of bottles called Second Nature and the nipple works like a mothers nipple. My friend used those for her baby and she was breast fed also and there was no nipple confusion. I think if you get him good and full, he'll sleep a lot longer. Hope this helps a little.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
April 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Even though I'm bfing and she's still less than three weeks old, we've done the bottle thing with pumped breast milk to make sure Sally gets good and full at night a few times. It really helped us out. As for nipple confusion, none yet that I've noticed. Good luck with getting some sleep.

As for your story - I'm sure in a few years it will be hilarious, but yikes!

Need Breastfeeding Support?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search