Time for updates!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2007, 09:12 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alex is doing great! He's gaining weight like crazy and is getting longer. I'm having a hard time reaching his butt now when he's cradled in my arm to nurse. Slow down little one! He's starting to smile on purpose, which is so much fun. I love his little grin. Haven't been able to capture it on camera yet, though. He loves to lay on a blanket surrounded by small stuffed animals and try to knock them over or chew on them. He also loves the picture that Ben drew for him (posted by the changing table to give him something to look at). It looks like a colorful quilt and Alex talks to it. So funny!

On the down side, we're still fighting thrush. I finally located some gentian violet, though, so we'll try that tonight. He's also got reflux and is a bit colicky, so I bought a Snuggli last weekend to help keep him upright after feedings and still get things done around the house. I'm now so addicted to carrying him in it that I'm turning into a full-fledged baby wearer! I love it! I ordered a Carry Me Mama Mei-Tai carrier from EricaInOhio. I can't wait to get it!! DH thinks I'm crazy, but he's enjoying the quieter baby that results from wearing him, so he doesn't tease me too much.

Next checkup is at 9 weeks (couldn't get in at 8 weeks). I can't wait to get his new measurements. I just feel bad that he'll have to have shots. Ben only cried for shots one time, when he was about 2. I think Alex is going to be a screamer. It wouldn't be so bad, except that he has a really good (i.e., pitiful) hurt face. That's gonna make me cry, too.

I had to come back to work on Monday, which was hard. I came back at 7 weeks instead of 8 because Ben wants to visit his Nana this summer and I wouldn't have enough vacation days if I stayed on maternity leave for another week.

Soooo...what's up with you and your little one(s)???
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
May 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nicholas is only 2 weeks away from his first birthday and I can't believe it. If you would have told me 3 years ago that I would be here now, with a one year old baby, making a new life and starting a new career path, I would have told you that you were crazy. I'm literally in Heaven.

He's getting so big. Right now he's wearing size 18 months and he's not even a year old!! We have 8 teeth and he doesn't even touch baby food anymore. We are working on weaning him off the formula by his b-day. He loves drinking whole milk, but he wants to drink it from a glass and not a bottle. I just can't believe how fast he's growing up. We have finally moved him to his own bed, but it was a bit of a struggle. The first night he cried for 30 minutes, the second night he cried for 10 minutes and now he just goes to sleep.

Our next step is actually to take off and take a step!! He's so close now, he lets go and then goes to take a step but at the last minute he chickens out and grabs on to something. I know soon he's going to be running around the house and I'm going to be worn out chasing him.

He's so funny most of the time. We watch baseball on tv almost every day and when we get excited about a good play he claps his hands and says "go go go!". I know when he's doing something he's not supposed to do (and he knows he's not supposed to do it) because he'll sit in the corner and get really quiet. Then I'll turn around and ask him what he's doing and he'll get on his hands and knees and start crawling away from me really fast.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
May 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I finally have time to update! Anyway, DD is just over 5 weeks old now. After she was born, she lost almost a pound- she was down to 7 lbs. 7 ozs. from the 8 lbs. 5 ozs. she was at birth. At her one month check up, she weighed 9 lbs. 2 ozs., so she gained almost 2 pounds from her lowest weight! She is attached to me almost 24/7, she doesn't like to be put down and will let you know it! I am slowly working on getting her to sleep a little while not being held and not co-sleeping (because I don't get good sleep while co-sleeping). She does an excellent job with lifting her head and is starting to notice things while looking around- especially me.

I haven't decided on whether or not I'm going back to work yet, but I'm nearing the 12 weeks allowed off per law. I just don't know how I would be able to, especially with her wanting to be fed so often and not giving her a bottle yet. Plus there is the issue with needing to find someone to watch her and DS. I have enough trouble trying to manage the two of them, so I don't want to hand them off to someone else. I know it will get easier, but right now DS is still jealous of his little sister who requires SO much attention.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

May 30th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, here I am updating in the middle of the night, waiting for Sally to go back to sleep. She's about a month and a half old, and while she's starting to sleep longer stretches, it's usually still only 4-5 hours once a night, followed by maybe 3 hours. Otherwise, things are great. She's discovered her hands and feet, and is looking all around at things, and today smiled at her Daddy for the first time! I spend my days (and nights) covered in spit up, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've pretty much decided not to go back to work when my leave is up, and to try the sahm thing for awhile. I just don't want to put her in daycare yet if we can avoid it. I've been working a little bit from home, and hopefully my company will let me continue. If not, then too bad for them.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

June 2nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hamish is doing well. He will be 5 months on the 16th of this month. He is over 18 lbs now and is growing up fast. He loves his jolly jumper and his walker. Hamish is having solids now and loves it. He is still waking up a lot during the night. Loves playing with and having all the kids around him. He is such a sweet heart.

June 12th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Syd is just about 6 months old now...man, how time flies!!! I cannot even believe it. She has only slept thru the night once, but is down to only getting up 2x night to nurse. I can handle that. Just within the last week she has started sitting up. Poor thing doesn't know how to catch herself yet though. She smiles all the time (goodbye colic!!!) and is generally a great baby. Syd has started on solids...loves her cereal at night and baby food for lunch....all of it except for the sweet potatoes. Her most recent is squash...she loves it!!! All in all she is wonderful!!!! We are truly blessed.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search