I wish someone had told me...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish someone had told me...

...that thrush can come back again and again and again...
...that going back to work would be this hard
...that sometimes baby clothes only fit ONCE
...that brothers can love each other so much (we'd have started trying a whole lot sooner)
...that poop can destroy an outfit in 2 seconds or less
...that spit up in your bra is about the nastiest feeling ever
...until he blows spit up raspberries in your face! Blech!

ETA: Add yours!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
May 30th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm glad I get a whole list...

- that you could get nerve damage in your hand from pushing during labor
- that the tailbone can take a year to heal after childbirth
- that little girls can projectile pee almost as much as little boys
- that my child would stare at me for hours on end
- that my paid job was so much easier than this will ever be (of course, not nearly as rewarding either)

Need Breastfeeding Support?

May 30th, 2007, 09:27 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
-that I would never get to sleep by myself or with DH again (not that I mind having company when DH isn't home!)
-that some babies never want to be put down

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

June 1st, 2007, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a toddler so mine are a little different.

You can make them eat green beans and peas only if they find them on the ground.

You have to hog-tie them to change their diapers because as soon and the tape is off they flip over and take off across the floor. Then it's a 10 minute chase right out of a road runner cartoon while you try to outsmart this bare butted naked little greased lightning.....all to get another diaper back on. GOD forbid it's a poopy!!

When they are sitting quietly by themselves (not making much noise) you better find out what they are doing because chances are it's BAD. And when there are 2 of them about the same age, it's WORSE.

No one ever told me how hard it was to get dog food bits out of a 1 year olds mouth when he doesn't want you to. I was also never told how hard they can clamp those little teeth together.

Or how great it feels when they say mama and you know they mean YOU and not just because they are making noise.

I wish someone would have told me before I spent all that money on toys that a spoon and an empty paper towel tube would be the "toys of choice".

That Luvs wipes were the best for the face and body and Huggies wipes were the best for the butt.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
June 1st, 2007, 11:23 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LMAO!! Rhonda, you brought back so many memories of when Ben was a toddler. The veggies on the floor, the quiet = bad, and the dog food (ours was cat food, but same issue)...thanks for a great laugh and trip down memory lane!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
June 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
LMAO!! Rhonda, you brought back so many memories of when Ben was a toddler. The veggies on the floor, the quiet = bad, and the dog food (ours was cat food, but same issue)...thanks for a great laugh and trip down memory lane![/b]
I can't wait!

Need Breastfeeding Support?

June 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I forgot one. No one ever told me that "come back here" translates to "crawl as fast as you can and hide under the table" in baby language.

Oh yeah, and I wish I would have known that every time you get them all dressed up to go and have pictures taken they will fall and bump their head and suddenly a goose egg on the forehead becomes part of the outfit.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search