Three weeks with no new posts!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With everyone?

How old are the babies now?
Anything new with the babies?
With the mommies?
Anyone thinking of doing it all over again? (pg, ttc etc.)

Nicholas is 13 months 2 weeks.

Well, we are all adapting pretty well to our new lives here in Colorado. Nicholas is getting bigger every day. He's talking a lot but most of the words are incoherant. He's learned that he can walk backwards so he does it all the time now and we call it the "moonwalk" and he's a little dancing fool. He'll dance to anything, the tv, radio, iPod, vacuum cleaner LOL anything that has a rythmic sound.

I had a job for 7 days and HATED it, so I quit. Right now I'm just staying home and enjoying being a mommy. I'm doing some medical transcription for some extra cash and it's great because I don't have to go anywhere to do it. I don't know if I could make enough to stay home full time right now but it works for the time being.

NO MORE, and that's all I have to say about the third question.

okay, whos next.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
July 24th, 2007, 07:10 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I check in here everyday, but it is hard to post because I'm always NAK so it is difficult to do a lengthy post! I miss all of you girls- I hardly ever see anyone around anymore.

DD is now 3 months old!

She started to like Daddy a little bit. She is definitely a Mama's girl, though. I am the only one that can console her. She can tolerate others for a few minutes (some she likes more than others!), but the moment you hand her to me she stops. I love it that she loves me so much, but it is frustrating at times because I can't get but a few minutes to myself here and there...I've pretty much forgotten about going back to work because I can't find anyone that will watch her. That is okay, though, money will just be a little tighter.

Haven't decided about more children. It is a tough decision. I would like to, but I don't know if my body can handle another p/g or if I could emotionally handle more losses in order to have another baby. As it is, I don't have the time right now to even think of another child- I have my hands full with the two I have and I couldn't be happier being a Mommy!

Can't wait to hear more updates!

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

July 25th, 2007, 06:48 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I check in every day, but haven't been good about posting.

Alex is doing great! He's almost 4 months old already. He's got eczema, so we have to "lube him up" (doc's words) twice a day with cream, lotion as needed throughout the day, and apply Rx steroid as needed to bad spots. He learned to laugh this week and it's absolutely hysterical to listen to. He's a very good baby. Loves to sleep (let's just say my boobs are going to explode if he doesn't wake soon) and loves to play. He already chews/slobbers on everything! And he loves reading. Ben read a Scooby Doo book to me yesterday and Alex thought it was quite funny. He chattered right along with Ben, like he was reading, too.

We're trying to find sitters for the kids. My mom up and quit (long story) on Monday, so I'm working from home and trying to figure out what to do. We were prepared to switch when school starts, but that leaves 3.5 more weeks to cover.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
July 26th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I check almost every day too - I guess we all need to get better about posting, so there's something to read!

Okay, my one handed nak update...

Things are going pretty good. The older Sally gets, the easier it gets to take care of her. Right now she is fighting sleep, so every naptime is a chore, but otherwise she really doesn't cry, which is possibly because she is the most "attached" baby in the Western world (her choice, not mine! ). She naps in my arms or sling, and we gave it up and are now cosleeping all night, and she's so happy! I try to just enjoy the cuddle time and remind myself that it doesn't last forever.

As for me, I've been struggling some lately with the loneliness of being a SAHM to an infant. We've joined a playgroup, I've been going to LLL stuff, and I'm trying to get out at least once a day, as well as exercise when Sally is playing (not the easiest, but I can't do it when she naps ad I'm too burned out by the time DH gets home). It's helping, but I miss the structure and interactions of the workplace. Now I know why it's common for elderly people to talk to everyone... they're just lonely. Hopefully it will get better. I really want to be a sahm while she's this young, and I get anxiety dreams about leaving her to go back to work. So I feel like either option has its drawbacks, and this is probably the lesser of two evils for me.

Which brings me to ttc... I was thinking about it last night, and I don't think I want to leave the workforce again once I go back, so I need to talk to DH about whether we want any more kids. I'm not sure that I do, but I think I would feel bad if Sally didn't have a sibling. If we do ttc again, then I guess it would be sooner rather than later, but not anytime real soon.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search