Hey, all you beautiful ladies out there...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2007, 11:29 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's update time!

How old is your little one?
What's s/he doing these days?
How are YOU?
Thing you love most about having a child?
Thing you love least about having a child (it's OK to complain...really)?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
November 15th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gaby is 12 months, 3 weeks today!

Starting to walk! Growing many teeth. She drew on herself for the first time the other day LOL. Beginning to hate me feeding her - prefers to feed herself (messy messy MESSY)

How are YOU?
I am alive. Put it that way. Generally I'm okay - very happy with my relationship & my baby girl, but still pretty sad about my recent loss. But I know I'll be fine

Having someone who is MINE & who loves me unconditionally & who I love unconditionally.. just the bond we have.. it's so amazing

Right now she does this squealing noise that absolutely gets on my nerves!!!! I know that it's just her way of expressing herself, but lol surely she could find a less annoying way?

November 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your little one? 8 months ALREADY!!!
What's s/he doing these days? Kissing me all the time, waving good-bye, rocking on hands & knees, trying to pull himself up on things (although he fails miserably right now), playing with his tongue all hte time (smacking it - stick it in & out all the time, etc), singing along with me, teething like mad, it just seems like we have a LOT of new stuff happening all of a sudden!
How are YOU? Still just overwhelmingly in love. It amazes me how much I can put up with & still feel fine. I am of course tired, less tidy than I would like, really needing a evening out with baby - but any time I am away all I want is to come home...so I feel like a walking contradiction.
Thing you love most about having a child? Seriously just about everything. I just LOVE the way he looks at me....and that I can make him laugh more than anyone, I can calm him faster than anyone, I can usually know what is wrong when he is fussing or upset....it just feels good getting to know him & I love seeing more & more of his personality come out. I tlak to him all the time about it. I ask him if he is going to love school or hate...is he going to play music like daddy or draw like momma or both, I ask him if he is going to be good at sports, or if he is going to be more studious, I ask him what he wants to be....so far he isn't saying - but I really do wonder...and I ALWAYS tell him he doesn't have to be anything for me besides kind & decent & beyond that I am just excited to watch his life unfold.
Thing you love least about having a child (it's OK to complain...really)? Lack of time & sleep. It really does feel like there just isn't enough time in the day. I think motherhood would be perfect to me if I could just pop a pill that simulated getting 8 hrs of restful sleep - then I could stay up all night doing all the things that never get done & never be tired...what I wish even more is that I could stay home. Not that I would probably get nay more sleep or have any more time for chores, but it certainly wouldn't make those things any worse. Plus if I lay down with DS - these days he usually WILL take a 2 hr nap - so I bet I would get more sleep......

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

November 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

How old is your little one? She will be 7 months in a couple of days.

What's s/he doing these days? She is sitting, eating table food, giving kisses, and talking more and more.

How are YOU? Doing pretty well. I would be better if I wasn't getting up almost every hour each night with one of the kids.

Thing you love most about having a child? That they love me no matter what and think I'm the greatest person in the world. I also love to see things through their eyes.

Thing you love least about having a child (it's OK to complain...really)? That I don't get nearly enough sleep. I also don't like that my house is a total mess because I don't have enough energy at the end of the day to get all of the housework done. Oh, and I would like to have my bed to myself every once and awhile (though it is lonely by myself, I can sleep in whatever position I want and don't have to worry about anyone falling out of the bed).

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

November 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How old is your little one? Seven months

What's s/he doing these days? Sitting up, laughing, reaching for everything, holding her own sippy cup

How are YOU? Hanging in there. Things are getting easier, and physically I feel better, but like everyone else, I wish I felt more rested

Thing you love most about having a child? It really is unconditional love

Thing you love least about having a child (it's OK to complain...really)? In the philosophical sense, I wish our society still had more of a "village" mentality, because it can be so isolating and exhausting to be home alone with a baby all the time. Even going out and staying busy isn't the same as having grandma and aunts and sisters all around to help raise your child(ren). From a practical standpoint, I hate getting scratched/pinched/thwacked in the head from 5am-7am every morning when Sally gets restless but can't quite wake up. I am SO over that.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

November 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How old is your little one? 10 weeks

What's s/he doing these days? Smiling HUGE gummy grins, drooling LOTS(and living up to her name of "Princess Drool"), making eye contact, starting to laugh, and she has amazing coo'ing conversations with me multiple times a day.

How are YOU? Physically I'm doing great. I had such an amazing pregnancy, labour and delivery, and post-partum. I really didn't feel like I had a baby. Emotionally has been another story. I'm really working on adjusting to being a SAHM and not resenting DH for getting to leave every day. Don't get me wrong, I love that we can make it work but I miss feeling like a contributing member of society. Some days I don't get to leave the house (lack or energy, etc) and it's like the world is passing me by. I really need to make the effort to get out for an hour or so by myself every few days. I'm finding that my only "me" time is after 11pm once DH has gone to bed (since Makenna goes down around 8:30pm-9pm). It's the only time I can get things done that I didn't get a chance to do during the day, but then I'm tired in the morning since I'm staying up late.

Thing you love most about having a child? I love that I'm her entire world. I love how she looks at me when she's nursing, and cuddles into me. I love how she loves to be held by me. I love that she loves going out and is a great little shopping buddy! I love that I have a baby girl to buy cute "girlie" things for (I've gone nuts on bows, shoes and clothes!). I love her huge smiles and how I can make her giggle and smile just by looking at her and smiling. I'm just in love with my daughter!

Thing you love least about having a child? There really isn't anything that I would say that I love the least, but realizing the end of me time for the next while and it's an adjustment that I need to work on. I also have a little cuddle bug who LOVES to fall asleep in my arms or be held, and while I love it I also find that I'm limited with what I can accomplish in a day. Some days it's a chore just to pee or brush my teeth since she wants to be with me. I do use a sling but I find I can't really sit down while she's in it (she doesn't like it) so I can use a sling but only while I stand, and that makes for a sore back at the end of the day. I know this will pass, and I know I'll miss her wanting me to hold her and I just need to keep reminding myself of that.
November 17th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my little one is 17 months old (my big one is 18 years and 10 months old )

Nicks latest thing to do is climb on top of the dining room table and dance. He's a little monkey and he climbs all over everything. He's learning lots of new words (some of which he shouldn't repeat) and the communication is getting easier.

How are YOU?
I am starting to doubt whether or not I actually want to have another one. I have the urge but Nicholas is just so demanding I don't know if I have it in me to accomodate him and another baby. Otherwise I'm doing pretty well.

Eskimo nose kisses which we call "nosies" and when he thinks he's going to get in trouble for something he climbs up into my lap to give them to me before I have found out what he's done. I love the way he dances to everyting and laughs at the simplest things. I love the way my oldest shows me the utmost respect and admiration and the way my little one shows me unconditional love.

Toddler diapers, toddler tantrums, screaming for no reason what so ever, not being able to use the toilet without an audience, not being able to sleep alone, NOT BEING ABLE TO SLEEP AT ALL, I could go on a little more but I just sound like a complainer.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
November 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Emotionally has been another story. I'm really working on adjusting to being a SAHM and not resenting DH for getting to leave every day. Don't get me wrong, I love that we can make it work but I miss feeling like a contributing member of society.[/b]
You're not alone. That has been one of my biggest struggles as well. I even work a bit, but it's still a challenge to hang onto your self esteem. Something that has really helped me was to decide that Sally and I were going to go out somewhere every day. It can be the park, or Target, or Starbucks or the doctor or anywhere, but we can't stay home all day. We also started going to mom and baby yoga, and I really look forward to it now because of all the social interaction. Heck, I even went to La Leche League just to have people to hang out with.

I figure I used to work full time, and I will work full time again, but right now I'm just doing something different. And yes, I resent DH all the time. My life has totally, completely changed and his hasn't nearly as much.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

November 19th, 2007, 10:22 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess since I started this, I probably ought to add my answers.

How old is your little one? 7.5 months
What's s/he doing these days? Chattering, screeching (such fun), rolling, getting into Ben's toys, wrestling with Ben, SITTING!!!!, and eating everything he's offered (including paper when he finds it ).
How are YOU? Doing pretty well. I'd be better if his sleep schedule was more consistent. Some nights he sleeps through, others he's up a couple of times, and others he's up every hour all. night. long. And I'm looking forward to his first Christmas.
Thing you love most about having a child? The hugs, smiles, and kisses that they only give to me. And giggles. I love giggles.
Thing you love least about having a child (it's OK to complain...really)? Not sleeping enough and not having enough me time. We are learning that it's easier for Alex to separate from me during the day, just don't mess with his bedtime. That's helped some.

And Rhonda, Nick will be a completely different kiddo 9+ months from now, so don't use his current behaviour as a basis for whether or not to TTC.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search