Where are the days going?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe that Makenna is already 3 months old!?! Where has the time gone? My baby is no longer a squishy newborn but an interactive, coo'ing, babbling baby!!! I wish I had more time to spend here but that hasn't been the case. I've stopped by and kept an eye on things but haven't found the time to post a lot. I've missed you ladies so much and combined with how lsow JM has been lately, it's taking forever to read some posts.

The quick summary of the past few weeks is Mak is 3 months old and I'm LOVING it. She's an awesome baby. So much so that when people hear how easy my pregnancy and labour were, and how good Mak is they give me that angry mommy eye and roll them! I swear if I go to a mommy & me group I'll get beaten up in the parking lot if they hear how good things were. Mak's been sleeping through the night for 2 weeks now, and nursing is going great. We just got through the 3 month growth spurt and still going strong! Since she's no longer eating at 2am and 4am and gets up at 8am, she's she's only had 3 bottles in the past 2 weeks. It's so true...if you can et past the 1st 6 weeks, it does get easier, and I'm so glad I stuck with it...as tempting as it was to give up so many times.

Scott & I are doing well. I really struggled fo a while there with being home all the time and loosing a sense of myself for a few weeks. I really rensented DH for being able to go to work and get a break from the mundain day-to-day stuff. I think it was a combination of hormones and settling into my new role as mom. I'm in a much better place and no longer resentful and angry. I've come to realize how much of a blessing it is to be able to be a SAHM and I should cherish it instead of wish I was working outside the house.

I've tried to make an effort each week to get out of the house with Mak a few days a week and stroll the mall, do grocery shopping, visit friends for coffee & playdates, and I've also made a point to get out of the house by myself and give DH the time to bond with Mak, and have Daddy Daughter time. I've reconnected with old friends and it's been great to welcome people back into my life. I spent 2 years working through grief and sorrow and now this time is almost like a harvest and I'm reaping what I've sown. God is good and I've found a sense of peace.

DH & I have started to talk about TTC'ing #2 and I think we'll start in summer 08. It's been nice to not be pg for a few months. It's the longest I've gone not being pg now for 2 yrs. My body bounce back pretty quick after having Mak and I lost 25lbs in 2 weeks after having here (and lost all my baby weight plus 10 lbs), but now that I'm BF'ing I can't loose anymore weight. It's like my body is holding onto everything for Mak. I'm okay with it and figure I've carried the extra weight for so many years after having the PCOS, and now that it's gone and I have a healthy DD what's a few more months of the weight until she weans!

DH's mom was Dx with lung cancer exactly 1 month before Mak was born, and she started radiation treatments the week she was born. She started her 2nd round of chemo last week and is doing well. The tumour hasn't grown since July and she's still got her appetite and energy. She'll be done chemo in March and we're praying for a complete healing and recovery. She goes for another CT scan Jan 3 and we're praying that the tumor has either strunk or is gone. It was tough for a while though, and my inlaws lost all sense of hope and it was hard with the birth of Mak to be dealing with cancer, but we're getting through it. We're such a close family so it's been hard to deal with to say the least. Mak's birth has given her the desire and energy to fight this nasty cancer!

God's been openning doors for me recently to share my story of infertility and loss and I can't believe how many people have responded to it. I've met people who were going through a m/c and I felt lead to share my story only to find out after they were going through it at the moment. I've even become the fertility guru in my circle of friends and after sharing with a few friends, they are now pg because they were TTC'ing but on the wrong days. It's become a bit of a running joke that if you want to get pg see Nicole! It's ironic to say the least but I'm getting more and more comfortable with sharing IRL. It's so true...everybody has a story and this just happens to be my story. The day we had Mak's baby dedication was the best day for us!

So...that's been me in a nutshell lately. I can't believe how many graduates we have now!

Here's a few pic's of Mak!

My mom, Makenna & I

December 4th, 2007, 12:51 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh, Nicole, she's GORGEOUS!! Alex wants dibs for her first date. LOL! Think of the stories we could tell...

I'm so glad that everything's going so well. The adjustment you go through your first few months are major, but it sounds like you survived with flying colors. You look GREAT! Motherhood is treating you well. I'm excited to hear that you're going to try for #2! I know that was a major decision for both of you. We'll be here for you all the way (well not ALL the way, but ykwim). And for anyone who shoots you looks or says something for how easy your pg was and how good Mak is, obviously doesn't know your story. You earned every bit of that.

And what a blessing that you're able to share your story with others. I hope it helps them. I'm sure it helps you too (I know it has when I've shared anyway). Thanks for the update on your MIL. I wanted to know, but didn't want to ask. Sounds like things are going well. You all remain in my prayers.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 4th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
time does go fast doesn't it. I remember one day looking at Gaby & thinking "huh... where did the baby go?". I feel as though Gaby is only a few months old, but nope, she's up and walking around, talking, spitting (grrr), putting muesli bars in the dishwasher (grrrrrrr) & getting into all kinds of mischief!!!!

December 4th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Doesn't it feel like you can't even blink or you miss so much? So glad to hear your update and that you are doing well. Makenna is beautiful, but then how could she not be whe you look at how hot her mama and grama are

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search