I need baby updates!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2008, 08:06 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are all the little ones doing? Let us know latest measurements, accomplishments, frustrations, anything!!!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 9th, 2008, 06:44 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD (at her 9 month appointment) was still about 50% for her height and 30% for her weight. She is a little over 17 pounds now! She is still eating everything in sight and is now only nursing at nap times, bed time, and when she wakes up during the night and in the morning. She is crawling everywhere and pulling herself up when she want to. She is also taking a few steps along furniture. Oh, remember how upset I was that I had to put her in her own bed and let her cry a little? It was the best decision ever!! She has slept in her own bed for at least half of the night since then and for the last TWO nights, she has slept through the night (12 hours!!). So I'm getting a little better rest now and am not in so much pain! She also, since we started that, seems to be a little less dependent on me- she will sit with others for a little while instead of wanting to be with me and only me! Because of that, DH and I were actually able to go on a date last week, which we haven't done since before DD was born.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

February 10th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can say now that my baby is not such a baby anymore He's a tantrum throwing, booger eating, head butting, bad word re-peating toddler. He just hit a growth spurt but only in height and not in weight. I got him on the scale today and he's only gone up to 26 lbs but now he's over 36 inches tall (by a pinch). His latest, greatest hits include "how fast can I get my clothes off and run away from my mom?", "If I eat this will it make me sick?" and "Dog food, the other white meat"

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
February 11th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Yay, Laura!!! I'm glad to hear you're getting some sleep ( incredibly jealous ) and that your daughter is doing so well. How exciting that you got to have a date night!

Rhonda - Nick is all boy and it sounds like he's doing all the things a growing boy should do. Sounds like he's going to be tall, too.
February 11th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I don't post here much, but I'm proud to say Sarah is growing and getting cuter every day. She is 90%ile on length and about 50%ile on weight, so she is still pretty big. She's starting to eat baby food and even some table foods. I'm going to start her on a sippy cup soon, which means the end of breastfeeding, but I think I've done pretty good to make it this far.

February 12th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Wow, Sarah's doing great! She's probably bigger than Alex. If you're ready to give up BFing that's fine (WTG making it to 6 months! ), but just because you're introducing a cup doesn't mean you have to stop. You could use expressed milk or formula or juice in the cup and still nurse nights and mornings. I'm glad you stopped in with your update. We'd love to see you more often (hint, hint).
February 12th, 2008, 09:06 AM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yay, Laura!!! I'm glad to hear you're getting some sleep ( incredibly jealous ) and that your daughter is doing so well. How exciting that you got to have a date night![/b]
Don't be too jealous, I'm not expecting it to last. I think I jinxed myself! Last night she was up 6 times (but I don't think she was feeling that well either).

Where is your baby update?? I'm waiting....

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

February 12th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Wow, Sarah's doing great! She's probably bigger than Alex. If you're ready to give up BFing that's fine (WTG making it to 6 months! ), but just because you're introducing a cup doesn't mean you have to stop. You could use expressed milk or formula or juice in the cup and still nurse nights and mornings. I'm glad you stopped in with your update. We'd love to see you more often (hint, hint). [/b]
Well, I'm all for keeping it going longer, but with me once I drop to only 3 or 4 feedings a day, my supply dries up pretty fast. We'll see how it goes.

SO, where is your update? BTW, your little guy looks so cute in those glasses!

February 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
LOL! Whoops, I got so excited about everyone else's updates that I did forget mine. Thanks for the reminders ladies!

Alex is 10 months and last weighed in at 17lb 9.5oz. He's consistently in the 5% for weight, so he's a tiny little thing. He's usually happy, LOVES his "Elton John" glasses (as DH calls them), and scoots all over the house on his tummy. Ben is his favorite person in the whole world. He's decided he's too big a boy for baby food and will only eat table food so my cooking has gotten a lot more creative to make sure I have something he can also eat. He's battling a sinus infection right now, which is his 5th round of antibiotics in his little lifetime. I just called the doc back today and he's going to get us into the ENT to see if Alex has the same enlarged and infected adenoid issue that Ben had. But mostly he's a good happy baby and I love him to pieces!
February 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ladies!

Makenna's doing awesome. We're coming upon our 6th month of BF'ing and still going strong. I can't believe she'll be 6 months on Monday. I don't know where the time has gone. Her last Dr's visit where she was weighed and measured was in January (a little over 4 months) and she was 13.10lbs and almost 26". Her next visit is March 18th and I'm anxious to see how much she's grown.

She's been sitting up all by herself since 4.5 months, and she loves to stand up in her exersaucer, and goes nuts in her jolly jumper. She loves her toys, and is such a happy baby. Constantly laughing and smiling and her personality is really starting to show n the past few weeks. She was sleeping through the night ever since 6wks but I went back to work (15hrs a week) at the beginning of the month and she started a bottle strike and reversed cycle for a few weeks waking up at night to nurse. She's finally back to mainly sleeping through the night again, and we found that she likes the Numy sippy/bottle. All in all things are great with my little peanut.
February 28th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I'm not really on JM much anymore, but thought I would check over on this Board tonight - it is so fun to read your updates!

Sierra's doing great - at her 9 month appt, she was 20lbs, 28 1/2in - so 75% both height and weight. Other than the tantrums she has started throwing lately, she is an exceptionally good baby - happy all of the time - we're so lucky! She's crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything in sight and cruising along anything she can get her hands on - she's not walking yet, but I think she's getting close! We're still bf'ing and it's going great - she's starting to wean off the bottle (at least we think) on the 3 days a week I work - but still likes to nurse as much as ever on the days I'm home with her. That, combined with all the table food she eats keeps her a pretty chunky girl. We're not planning on weaning any time soon - I love it too much!!

She had a really scary December - she ended up in the hospital for 9 days (!!!) with bacterial pneumonia caused by a staph infection - it was incredibly scary for us, but she's completely well now - you would never know she was sick - thank God!!! Unfortunately, she (well, we) spent her first Christmas in the hospital, which wasn't exactly what we had planned - but all that matters is that we're together and she's healthy!

Anyway, here's a few recent pics of my little chunky monkey:
(a rare pic of the 2 of us together - usually, I'm behind the camera)

(this was when she was sick in the hospital)
February 29th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Nicole - I can't believe Mak is going to be 6 months old already! Holy cow. I'm glad you found a bottle/sippy that she'll take and that she's sleeping for you again.

Amy - HI! I've missed seeing you on here. Thanks for stopping in with an update. Sierra is growing like crazy. What a scare at Christmas! I can't imagine what that was like for you. Love the pics - the tutu is adorable!
February 29th, 2008, 11:50 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My turn...Miles is growing like crazy. He can't wear any of the outfits that he got for Christmas. He's about 90% for height and 50% for weight. Last weight check was about 18.6 pounds. Miles is having his first ear infection and sore throat so we've had some sleepless nights and grumpy days lately.

Miles is crawling (fast!), pulling up, sitting well and yesterday he let go twice, while he was standing and just balanced for a sec! He is totally into EVERYTHING! He doesn't care for toys too much but he loves anything he shouldn't have...remote, telephone, dog toy, dirty shoes, etc...

I have to say, Miles is my little buddy and mama's boy. He's always with me and constantly loved. He still gets up MANY times at night and I see no signs of that stopping. For now, I have given up on putting him to sleep in his crib. I just do not have the fortitude to let him CIO and I'm honestly afraid that he would win the battle anyway. So it's co-sleeping for us, for the foreseeable future. (Daddy may be saying that we are done co-sleeping ---Miles head butted daddy in the middle of the night last night! And daddy thinks he wants us (me and him) to have more alone time! (imagine that!LOL)

I haven't been around the board much lately because every spare moment I can get on the computer, I've been doing digital scrap booking. It a fun obsession! Can I bore you gals with a ton of pics? Good! Here they are.... (some are of my older kids too)

March 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
Candace!!!! I'm so glad you jumped in to update us and thanks for sharing your beautiful scrapbook pics! Your kids are growing so fast. I didn't even recognize Jess and Emma. Wow! And sounds like Miles is a busy guy. He's already bigger than Alex and doing more...he's gonna keep you busy.
March 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, my turn! It's been very hard to get on the computer lately, as our laptop broke and we've had to hide the big computer in our "no baby" guest room because Sally is into EVERYTHING. She was 20lb 7oz (75%), 28.5 in (75-90%), with a huge whopping head (>97% still!) at her nine month appt, which was almost two months ago now. She's definitely a little bigger than that now, and is tall! She can reach up pretty high and we're having to be careful about what we leave on tables and chairs.
She's been crawling only for a few weeks, but she started cruising on the furniture before she could crawl. She's been trying to stand independently the last few days, but no luck yet. We're still 100% cosleeping, although I'm considering trying out the crib for the first part of the night because lately I think we've been waking her up when we go to bed. I'm definitely ready to get some sleep and DH time at least for part of the night.

Oh yeah... she has ELEVEN teeth, with two more just about to come in. And now she only likes to nurse standing up. I don't know what I did to deserve this.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

March 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It really has been great reading up on everyone. It makes me miss you all the more! I think this baby stuff keeps you rather hectically busy it seems - LOL.

Jonah is approaching a year in a few weeks here & I cannot imagine where the time has gone. He is a TOTAL handful. He is walking a little now - 4-5 steps between furniture or people. He started in in early February with a few brave steps & now they are getting more frequent & more daring. He has 8 teeth & has turned into a real biter - of my face & pretty much ANY exposed flesh (thankfully not my bb's). We are working on that & trying to help him understand that it is NOT funny (he leaves marks - ouhie!). He has lots of words now & is adding more all of the time. My 17 yr old niece moved in with us in January & she was here a week or two before he started saying her name. He ADORES her. He is constantly trying to devise ways to escape any obstacles & always trying to get his hands on ANYTHING he isn't supposed to. He eats absolutely ANYTHING he can get his hands on (including dust bunnies, cat fur, whatever I DON'T want him to eat). He really is no fan of baby food anymore, but loves anything I let him have that is people food - even the lesser loved veggies. His all time fav currently seems to be asparagus. He is still nursing like a newborn. Sometimes I wonder if I have done something wrong & then I say forget it - big deal - if it is okay by me it doesn't hurt anyone else...it just gets a bit tiring sometimes. Most nights he wakes every 2-3 hrs - maybe more often...then every once & a while we get a good night where he'll wake once. I really think we seem to be in & out of teething all the time though. He seems to need 2-4 times for those darn teeth to look like they'll pop through before they actually do. He also "sleep crawls" so I am not sure if co-sleeping will continue to work out or not. I guess I figure I will know if/when it is time to quit. For now I am considering moving the futon mattress next to our bed (we have a big enough room) and seeing if that works out. I just am tired of being clobbered in my sleep between typical wake-ups. Other than that we are awesome. I still really do thank God every single day that he is here & happy & healthy. What more could I possibly ask for?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

March 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and say I enjoyed reading each and eveyr one of your updates! I feel like it was a little reunion of sorts! So glad to hear you are all doing well. I look forward to joining this board permentantly when my little guy shows up

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
March 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gaby is doing really well She's 16 1/2 months now, and I haven't had her weighed/measured, but I'm pretty sure she had a growth spurt over the last week. She is reapeating everything I say now - her new favourite word is 'plane', and today she even said 'Gabrielle' it sounded so sweet! However, she is also learning what tantrums are yesterday she threw her 1st in public tantrum - it was so bad the security guard at the mall came & checked on us to make sure everything was okay, when I was putting her in the car!! She's going through a bit of a phase with her food - mainly she won't eat anything except toast, bananas ('narnas') and yogurt! She makes me laugh so much.. this morning she was licking my face, and all I could do was laugh, because I could tell she was doing it to make me laugh...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search