Miranda Rose's birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
Cherryluv64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Cherryluv64 Send a message via Yahoo to Cherryluv64
Ok so I know that it's been nearly six months since I had her but I finally decided to post her birth.

I had an inkling that she would make an early appearnce because I had already dropped and it wa sgetting so uncomfortable for me to even sit up. Besides, I walked everyday of my pregnancy and the last few days I couldn't do it because my belly was so heavy! Well I had an 3d ultrasound right before I reached 38 weeks and she looked ready to come out. I actually worked until the day I gave birth.

My contractions started Thursday at 2:00 am while I was in bed, this was October 25th, fourteen days before my due date. They were like one hour apart and very mild so I didn't have any discomfort at all, as the day progressed they got to be like half an hour apart and they started to bother me a little. So after noon they started getting closer, like maybe twenty to fifteen minutes apart but they still wenren't that bothersome so I decided to wait until Friday to go to the doctor since it was my weekly check up. At three o'clock I was walking to the bathroom when the most painful contraction yet hit me and I literally fell on my knees, after that they started coming fifteen minutes apart and getting very painful.

Finally at six pm my boyfriend comes and gets me and takes me to the hospital, mind you I have to commute two hours to work so it wa sthe longest car ride ever. During the commute the contractions started coming every ten minutes and they were extremely painful. When I got to L&D I wanted to push, I felt the baby's head in my hoochie and the contractions were getting stronger. The emergency doctor checked me and said that I wasn't ready...that I still had to go probably another two hours. Two hours??? I knew that kid was coming out soon and I told her but she ignored me and told me that since I was a first time mom I knew nothing about labor and childbirth. I was like, hello? I am the one with the baby pushing inside me!

My boyfriend got really pissed with that idiot doctor, then my mom, an aunt and a cousin came and they called my doctor because no one had down that. My doc arrived within ten minutes and took me to a room to check me because she didn't trust that doctor. Well neither did I. My boyfriend and family had to wait outside the delivery room because here in DR it's not allowed to have aynone inside and it was only supposed to be a check up. So she checks me and says that I'm fully dilated and that the only thing keeping that kid inside was my water, so she broke my water and then the contractions were the strongest ever. It was quick though, I pushed like five time sin twenty minutes and she was out.

She was so beautiful weighing 6 pounds 3/4 oz with a head full of hair and big, hazel eyes. At that moment I forgot all about pain and contractions.

So that's my story, oh let me post this pic of the first time I held her:

April 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
what a great story!!!! ER doctors are awful...they never listen to you.

Thanks Kara!!
May 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
FrankieMont's Avatar FrankieMont
Send a message via Yahoo to FrankieMont
geez mama,your brith story sounds glamourous compared to mine!! thats awesome that you had such an easy time!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search