Anthony Vincent

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Regular
I'm happy, I never got to really post my birth story, so here it goes...

It started on Sunday, June 24th. Vince and I had gone out to eat and when we were leaving and getting in the car, I felt this sharp pain in my abdomen, it hurt so much I couldn't sit at first. It felt like a period cramp only 100 times worse. It went away quick and didn't come back for another three hours. Little did I know, those were contractions. That night, Vince and I had gotten into a little argument and I felt more of those pains.

The next day, Vince was supposed to take me to the hospital to register, since I was due in 22 days. He ended up being late, but stayed for thirty minutes. That was at 12 noon. For the next thirty minutes, those pains kept coming and going, lasting longer and coming more frequently. I had noooo clue what they were, but I was crying and Vince was worried, but I said I was fine and he went to work. The pains kept coming, but I noticed that I felt better if I sat down. Around 3, I figured I would try to sleep it off. Ha! I got up after an hour of pain. I thought that these were BH contractions, but I wasn't sure. I also thought that this could have been the baby "dropping" so I went on BG and asked the wonderful ladies there if that could be it. After thirty minutes, it hit me: these were LABOR contractions.

I then started to freak out. I was three weeks early, NOTHING was ready for the baby, not his pack n play, not his car seat, his clothes weren't washed yet, my room wasn't clean (so much for nesting, huh?), my hair wasn't washed (it still had all the crap in from the day before) and I didn't even pack a hospital bag. I texted Vince that they were labor contractions, but told him to stay at work for now. Around 6:15, I couldn't take it anymore, the contractions were coming every four minutes and lasted for 30 seconds. I called my doctor and he told me to go to the hospital. I then called Vince, who was also freaking out at this point. He picked me up at seven.

On the way to the hospital, I kept thinking, "It's probably nothing, what if they send me home?" At the same time, Vince and I were discussing baby names. He kept saying to name the baby after him, but I said I didn't know and that I'd think about it. We got to the hospital and they took me to a L&D room. The lady told me to pee in a cup and put me in a gown and from there, she strapped on a fetal heartbeat monitor and a contraction monitor. She checked me and I was already 3cm dilated and 80% effaced! The nurse began asking me a lot of questions and then she put an IV in my arm to make the contractions come quicker and stronger (which hurt a LOT!) and said the doctor should be in soon to break my water. Luckily, my doctor was on call that night, so I didn't get some random guy.

My doctor came in around ten to break my water, and that hurt a lot, too. He left and about thirty minutes later, an anesthesiologist came to give me my epidural, aka liquid heaven. It didn't even hurt! The IV hurt 20 times more than the epidural! I wasn't completely numb, but it helped the pain tremendously. The nurse came in again at midnight to check me. By this time, I was 5cm dilated and 100% effaced. The problem was that he didn't drop yet, but the nurse was really optimistic that he would. She told me and Vince to get some sleep, but it was really hard for me. At around 3am I realized we didn't have a camera. I wanted pictures of my baby in the hospital so I woke Vince up. He went to 7-11 and got a disposable one. While he was gone, the nurse checked me again and I was REALLY paranoid that I was going to have the baby right then when Vince wasn't there. I was up to 7cm. The baby dropped a little, but not enough. Vince got back around four and we were too nervous to sleep. The nurse came in and checked AGAIN and said I was 9cm! She told me that I would start pushing around 6 and we did a few practice pushes. Since the baby wasn't dropped though, the nurse informed me that I may need a c-section. I started freaking out because I didn't want one, but Vince calmed me down.

So pushing time came and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Honestly, it felt like I was really, really constipated. I pushed for two hours. Vince and another nurse kept telling me to keep going, that they could see the baby's hair. I guess they were trying to motivate me, but it did the opposite. I started getting weaker and weaker and the epidural had worn off thirty minutes after pushing. At 8, it was decided that I would have a c-section, but we had to wait for the doctor. I honestly think that wait was the worst part of labor. I was on my side, screaming and crying. The new nurse was being a ##### and I wanted to punch her. At 8:50, another anesthesiologist came who looked exactly like Bob Saget!! That REALLY distracted me, I wanted to laugh out loud! He upped my epidural so that I would be completely numb from the chest down.

At 9am, they wheeled me into the operating room. They put me on a table and prepped me. I was still able to feel pressure, but not the pain. They swabbed me with a cold swab, but I only felt the pressure of the swab, not the coldness. They started cutting me at 9:08. There was a big screen, so I couldn't see anything. I felt a lot of tugging and pulling and a few minutes later, I heard a cough. Vince looked over and started crying. He was born at 9:12am. They did his measurements (19 1/2 inches and 9 lbs 2 oz) and wiped him off. Vince cut the cord and they put him on my chest while they sewed me up. All I remember was him crying the whole time, but the moment they put him on me, he stopped. It was so wonderful!

After a few minutes, I really had to throw up, so they wheeled him away while Vince followed. They put me in a recovery room and I went right to sleep. Vince eventually went in there. He said I was shaking, stuttering and in bad shape, I don't remember, though. Also, I had a really high fever and a real fast heart rate. I was fine after a few hours. I was able to move my toes and legs after four hours. My stomach was sore because the epidural wore off, but it wasn't painful (yet). During that time, I told Vince we could name the baby afer him because at the time, he looked just like him (with my nose). When we got to the room and I finally saw my baby at 3:30pm (six hours later ), I changed my mind and we changed it to Anthony Vincent.

Recovery sucked, but it was all worth it and I'd do it all over again for him. He's a great baby, I got really lucky.
February 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
What's BG?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search