Jasmine's Birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sboricua
Well I've decided to go ahead and tell you my story. better late than never!

I found out I was pregnant March 24th 2007. That whole week before I found out I felt different. I was cramping all week and thats not like me. I cramp when my pd is on. Every food I ate tasted sooo freaking good. even plain white rice tasted wonderful. I missed my pd that first day and knew I was pregnant. took my test Saturday morning and it was positive! darwin and i couldnt go back to sleep! we took a long walk and talked about our future.

I decided to get induced b/c my parents decided to come a day after her due date. so we set the date for Nov 29th on her due date. went in early that morning. got the potocin around 9:50 and started feeling the contractions. man they suck! The doc came in an hour later or so and broke my water. Thats when the contractions got worse!! I had to be 3cm to get my epidural and I couldnt wait to get it! they took me to another room I cant remember why but all i wanted was my medicine. Oh and while all this is going on I have med students there watching everything!!! They gave me the med and I felt soo much better. then around 730pm I started pushing. I pused for 2 hours and miss Jasmine didnt want to come out. I was so tired I thought I was falling asleep between pushes. Then the doc recommended that we do a C-section. So they took me in to the OR and they took the epidural and i just wanted it so bad. it hurt like hell! In the OR while they were cutting me darwin was talking to me and the next thing he knows I passed out. I dont even remember the doc bringing jas to me for me to see her. I saw her while they measured her and the only thing i can think of was OMG I have a baby! I couldnt believe it! It was surreal! it was the best feeling ever!!! she was born at 10:32pm 6lbs 13oz. she had big pink lips. Thats all you saw when you looked at her. she was beautiful! stayed in the hospital for 3 days and went home. We were so ready to leave the hospital and be in our own house!

thank you steph2007 for my gorgeous siggy!

Last edited by sboricua; June 25th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.
June 25th, 2009, 07:27 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is up with these babies that won't come out when we push??? Did the doctor tell you any reason she wasn't coming out? Did you have a good recovery after your csection?

June 29th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sboricua
No the doctor didnt know why she didnt give me a reason. I really thought I wasnt pushing hard enough.

My recovery sucked. I cried for the 1st week b/c of the pain. I even walked alot not knowing I shouldnt have. I thought they wanted me to walk so me and my mom went to a huge mall and walked so much it hurt. I couldnt even sleep in my bed b/c when i would get up it felt like my organs were moving all over the place. I hated the recovery and dont want to go thru that again! It's weird b/c other moms that went thru it said it was an easy recovery. everyone is different but it seem every mother I talked to they had it easy.

thank you steph2007 for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search