Rebecca Michelle 11/22/07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2011, 07:32 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Short story:

My first baby, a girl, was due to arrive Monday, November 12, 2007. She was 10 days overdue and came into the world on Thursday, November 22, 2007 at 2:16pm weighing in at 7 lbs 12 oz and 20.5" long. We named her Rebecca.

Long story:

Monday, November 12, 2007

This was my due date. It was also the day I decided I didn't want Rebecca to have my middle name as her middle name, I wanted her to have her own name. So we changed it. I have lived to regret it every single day.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I had an OB appointment that day. I was about 1cm. Doc stripped my membranes.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Another OB appointment. We loaded up the car with our hospital stuff because I was 9 days overdue and I was going to make him send me to the hospital. I had been waking up each morning crying because I realized I was STILL pregnant. I wanted my daughter in my arms, already!

He did a pelvic exam and there was no change. NO CHANGE?! How incredibly disheartening! He called to schedule an induction for the next morning at 9.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

5:34am - I woke up because I had to pee. Sat on the toilet, and felt a tiny POP, like a bubble bursting, in my lower back. Finished my business, stood up, and I was leaking. I wasn't sure if it was my water breaking or not because I figured why would my water break on it's own the morning I was set to be induced and I was expecting a big gush. There was no gush at all. So anyway, I went back to bed. I was having contractions but they were very mild and again I wasn't sure that's what was happening. Then I had one that actually made me get out of bed and when I did, I leaked some more. Then I knew it was real. So I woke Chris, told him my water broke and we'd better get ready. We called our parents, told them we were headed to the hospital but not to be induced as I had gone into labor on my own. PHEW! So we showered, made sure we had everything, and headed out.

7am - We arrive at the hospital. Along the way contractions were about 5 minutes apart. They didn't hurt a whole lot yet, and I remember Chris saying, "I thought they were supposed to hurt more."

Not to worry, they did get worse. I was not spared.

So, we get to the hospital, head up to the Labor Assessment Unit, and tell the nurse that we were scheduled to be induced but my water had broken instead. Nurse was a huge ***** and didn't believe me and sent me for a walk. We went downstairs where the gift shop and restaurants were, and by the time we got down there I was in so much pain I couldn't move. I went to the bathroom because I didn't want everyone to see me, but I realized I had to make it back upstairs eventually. So we make our way back up, by this time there is a new nurse on duty (thank goodness!) and I say, "My back really hurts, I need to get in a hot bath or something, please." I wasn't even standing upright, I was hunched over in pain. The nurse sends me into a room so the doctor can come in and check me out. She does and says, "Oh wow, you're already 4cm! Do you want some pain relief?" and of course I said YES PLEASE!

9am - I get my epidural, and I am much more comfortable. I wanted to kiss the anesthesiologist, who I remember was named Scott.

10:30am - I am 5cm. Chris is nowhere to be found. He went to Subway to get some food. Jerk. (LOL)

12:30pm - I tell the nurse that I can feel pain again, so she gets the doc and she checks me and I am 10cm and ready to go!

1pm - Finally, I start pushing. But I pressed that darn button to give me more drugs too many times and I couldn't feel a thing, and baby girl was sunnyside up, so she was a little stuck and her heart rate was starting to get tacky in between contractions, so the decision is made to go to the O.R. and prep me for a c-section just in case they had to get in and get her. However, they were going to try the forceps first.

2:16pm - My baby girl finally entered the world! Seven pounds, twelve ounces. I didn't end up with a section, but they did use the forceps and gave me an episiotomy. They held her up for me to see and then took her over to check her out. When they brought her over to me I remember thinking, "Why does she have hazel eyes?" But they weren't, they were blue.

It was just before 7pm when I finally made it to my room. It took that long before I had feeling in my legs again. We didn't sleep at all that first night, we were too scared. The nurse at the desk by our room offered to keep an eye on her so we could rest for a little while, and we readily agreed because we had been up for so long and we wanted to make sure someone always had their eyes on her.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

We brought our little girl home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search