Aaron Jr.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Toney28's Avatar Veteran
I also posted this in the March DDC section..
Hey everyone! I have been finally able to log on and share my birth story. It started like this I was place on complete bedrest but continued to go into work at leats 3 days a week due to my leave issues. I went in last Tuesday 1/30 and kept noticing dark brown like tissue on the toilet paper everytine I used the bathroom. I was pretty sure it was my mocous plug. I then called my midwife who suggested that I go into Labor & Delivery to be checked out. I decide dnot to though since I figured I would rather see my Ob first to save myself the time of sitting in there and not really be in labor. I went into to her that afternoon she checked my cervix and it was still closed but while she was checking me (pap smear) I lost the rest of my plug and she showed it to me. She said well since your cervix is closed and you havent dilated then it could still be weeks before you go into actual labor. I knew better though I started having pain in legs real bad and sensed I would go really soon. Not to mention they found protein in my urine as well that day. Plus I had alot of swelling during almost over half the pregnancy but was never diagnosed with pre-eclampsia nor toxemia. She told me to go home, put my feet up and rest. Which I did but I had to cook dinner for us....lol
Whe df got home that night from work, we were sitting on the bed and I told him about my day and my early labor possibility. Well around 12am my water just broke out of nowhere I was in such shock I sat in that spot on the bed for like 10min and couldnt move. He jumped up and started throwing on his clothes and went to wake up the boys. At that point my contractions hadnt started at all but we wanted to go ahead to the hospital since my water continued to leak like a faucet. We dropped the boys off at my mother and went straight to L&D. They hooked me up to the monitor and I was able to lay down and rest. I woke up around 7am and the informed me that since my contractions hadnt kicked in yet they would begin potassum (spelling) treatments through and IV to get them going. My doctor checked me out and I still hadnt dilated at all. Once the contractions kicked in finally they my nurse and her trainee continued to check my cervix and I still wouldnt progress but at that time I was in pain with each one. I then asked for my epidural which they were able to go ahead and give me. After that I progressed to 2 centimeters and was still feeling some of the bigger contractions. I complained to my nurse who called the anesteoligist (spelling again..lol) he came back and gave me a larger dose of medicine. That time I finally felt like I was on cloud 9. They checked my cervix and I went from 2 centimeters where I was for over 2 hours to fully dilated by 2:30 that afternoon. Boy was I glad I was exhausted by that time. They were then ready for me to push I went through that process for about 15 min and Aaron Jr. was born at 2:45 pm on Jan 31rst. He weighed 4.5 oz and was 17 inches long. Since I was only 34 weeks I didnt get to hold him right away and he was wisked off by the NICU unit where they take the preemies. I was bale to grab alittle kiss on his cheek. The blessing was his lungs were fully developed and he didnt require any oxygen and was breathing on his own. To sum things up he did develop jaundice and had to undergo the treatments for it in the incubator with the little like shades over his eyes which I hated to see. I decide to breastfeed which he is taking well but I havent been able to nipple feed him yet but I have been pumping. He went from the IV to being bottle fed and is already drinking 1 and 1/2 oz already. He is still in NICU and should be home this friday. The other part to this was I was discharged on Friday 2/2 and had to be re-admitted on Saturday 2/3 for hypertension my pressure was @ 167 over 105 which is almost stroke level. I started having chest pains and was still swollen everywhere to say I had given birth almost 3 days prior. I was diagnosed with post-partum pre-eclampsia. Which the doctors believe caused me to go into premature labor. Im really glad I did have the baby before all of this took place. I was just dishcharged again today which my pressure has gone down but I still have to take it easy. The only plus part to that was I was able to be right there in the hopsital to bond with and feed the baby. It really tore me up to leave on friday without him. I'm not used to having a preemie. My two boys were full term. I know this is long but I wanted to share my story. Ladies just be careful and watch out for signs of preclampsia and toxemia. They can just hit you suddenly like they did to me with little no know warning. I had no signs of protein in my urine or high blood pressure the whole time. But in my mind all the swelling I had just wasnt right. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me. I wont be on that much since my pc at home isnt hooked up yet but I will log on when I'm able to update. Im just happy he was alright and Im finally get back to normal. I was totally exhausted. Good Luck to everyone and I cant wait to hear and read everyone else's birth stories as they begin. P.S. I havent even had my baby shower yet it is scheduled to be this Sunday the 11th. Luckily my sister had a bassinet, but we had to buy a quickie car seat and diapers and sleepers to get him started. We were totally unprepared and surprised of his early birth.
Now how do I change my siggie???
February 8th, 2007, 07:21 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Congratulations! You are such a strong mama, and your little one sounds absolutely precious! I can't wait to see pics of him. I can't believe we have started!!!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 12th, 2007, 06:41 PM
gemini6774's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little guy!

February 15th, 2007, 06:35 AM
supermommyof3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to supermommyof3 Send a message via MSN to supermommyof3
Congrats!!!
February 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hope things are going well!!!

Have you been able to bring Aaron home yet? Hope all is well with him

what an amazing story! You did an awesome job

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
February 19th, 2007, 09:21 AM
JMG2903's Avatar Super Mommy
CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOURS!!

ENJOY YOUR BEATIFUL BOY!!!
February 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think we are still waiting to see pics of Aaron?!?!?!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
February 25th, 2007, 11:08 AM
~CaSsAnDrA07~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~CaSsAnDrA07~ Send a message via MSN to ~CaSsAnDrA07~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~CaSsAnDrA07~
COngrats can't wait to see pictures?

February 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
BIG congrats!!
February 27th, 2007, 01:54 AM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Can't wait for a pic!
February 27th, 2007, 10:17 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
congratulations. can't wait to see the pics. i am glad all turned out well and hope things are continuing in that direction!

</div>
February 28th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search