Colin Fredrick

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2007, 05:25 PM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
Ok here is our story:

As most everyone knows I had my last OB appt on Thursday 2/22 & my OB stripped the membranes to hopefully help labor begin for me. Since I had heard many people say that didn't work, I just figured we'd hope for the best, but not get our hopes up too much.
So about 2:30am I woke up with major pain & cramping in my lower abdomen. It subsided after about a minute. Then another one a bit later. Even though my uterus wasn't actually contracting (becoming hard) I decided to time them. They were coming exactly 6 minutes apart for about 2 minutes each & getting more painful each time. I decided to get up & walk around the house & see what they did. They got worse & closer together. I figured I would wait until I knew we were going to have to go to wake Jason up. So I walked around, came upstairs & turned on the TV & sat on my ball. They started coming about 3-4mins apart for about 1.5-2 mins each, to the point I couldn't really talk or do anything but breathe through them. My OB had said that once that starts happening for about 2 hrs or so to call the hospital. So at about 4:15 I called the hospital & they told me to come on in. I woke Jason at 4:30 & told him it was defintely time to go. We left for the hospital at a little after 5am, after Jason got everything taken care of (the dogs, etc.). It was actually snowing on our way to the hospital. (It rarely snows where we live) We arrived at the hospital at about 5:15am & was in a room & on the monitors by 5:30. The nurse checked me to see where I was at & I was 8/9cm already with a bulging bag. The weird thing was the contractions I was having weren't registering on the extrernal monitor, but I was obviously in labor. So she got me on an IV to hydrate me so I could get the Intrathecal. Pretty quickly my OB came in to give the intrathecal anesthesia, which was none too soon! It was pretty uncomfortable, but not as much as the labor I was having. It kicked in pretty much right away & that was AWESOME!!! I could move & was feeling great, but was out of pain. My OB checked me again & I was at 10cm & he broke the bag of waters with his finger. Said, I'll be back in about 10mins & we'll be pushing. Jason tripped out at that, as did I. He came back & after about 30mins of pushing, Colin Fredrick was welcomed to the world at 7:02am on 02/23/07. He weighed in at 7lbs 15oz & is 20 5/8" long.

I must say, I had a really great experience. No major side effects from the anesthetic & I did tear but only needed 1 stitch. He is a VERY mellow baby. We are all extremely happy!

February 25th, 2007, 01:45 AM
linzi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to linzi
congrats sounds like everthing went great well done to you

</div>

[marquee1][/marquee1]
February 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM
~CaSsAnDrA07~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~CaSsAnDrA07~ Send a message via MSN to ~CaSsAnDrA07~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~CaSsAnDrA07~
Congrats he is such a doll

February 25th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Congrats!! He is so cute!
February 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy for you and your family.

the pictures are adorable!!!

Colin is so handsome!!! ~ u did a wonderful job girl ~

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
February 26th, 2007, 07:29 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
congrats! Im so glad it went smoothly for you!
February 27th, 2007, 02:02 AM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah! What a great birth experience!
February 27th, 2007, 09:36 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
what an awsome experience. it sounds like it couldn't have gotten better for you! congratulations. he is so adorable.

</div>
February 28th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search