Cody Blake

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is going to be so hard for me to type but I have to.

Labor I believe started days before Cody was born. Many trips to labor and delivery and then being sent home. I almost didn't go back for the real thing. First trip to labor and delivery for that weekend was on Saturday the 17th. I went in with my MOM and sister. Before going in my husband made a bet to my mom that they would send me home as they had the weekend before. After getting there and finding that I was only 2-3 cm dilated and contractions were still not close enough I was sent home. DH won that bet and MOM paid up. It was $8! We will be framing that money. I was released and then went home tried to get some rest and called my mom again about 12:30 in the morning on Sunday the 18th and asked her to take me back. They checked me and again with no change was sent home again at 2:00 AM. I labored all night! My contractions only getting longer and stronger but I figured I was not going back because they would just send me home again. Barely sleeping all night because of the contractions I was in bed until about 10:00 AM and then just tried to walk my contractions off but they weren't going anywhere. By 11:00 I was actually moaning I was in so much pain. My mom called around 11:45 and heard me in the background and told Dh to get me to the hospital right away. DH listened to her and we got all ready and dropped the kids off at her house and went to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital about 12:15 and I was in a room within a few minutes. My contractions were right on top of eachother. The nurse that I really liked was back on shift and I was so thankful for that. She checked me and said that I was 8-9 cm dilated and I was NOT going home! Finally I was staying! Gary called my mom and told her that she needed to come right away. I was 8-9 cm and she didn't believe him (he tends to joke about everything). He assured her he was NOT kidding. She was there in mins. They had to call the dr back because he was going to head over to the next hospital in the next town over. Dr. was just outside our hospital and was right in. I did not have a buldging bag because it was already leaking. (Thought my undies were a little wet.) Dr. had enough time to dress and me push! I think I pushed 3 times and he was out. His cord was wrapped around once and they cut it and he immediately started to cry. Not for long though. He is the most calm baby ever! I was there not even 30 mins, did not get anything for pain and had a natural delivery. My mom was able to put his first diaper on ever! I hold that memory so close to my heart. I treasure that my mom was there for me! He is my link to her forever and I have to believe that!

Cody Blake
Born at 12:48 PM on Feb. 18th, 2007.
6 pounds 10 ounces and 19 in long.

February 24th, 2007, 08:39 PM
yvonne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is adorable, and I think that is a wonderful birth story. What a wonderful memory of your mom.

Stocking every Wednesday at 3.</span>
February 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Paganmommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Paganmommie Send a message via Yahoo to Paganmommie
great story, i cant believe they kept sending you home

February 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful story Nicki! Cody is perfect!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
February 25th, 2007, 01:50 AM
linzi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to linzi
he is just perfect

</div>

[marquee1][/marquee1]
February 25th, 2007, 11:06 AM
~CaSsAnDrA07~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~CaSsAnDrA07~ Send a message via MSN to ~CaSsAnDrA07~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~CaSsAnDrA07~
Congrats he is adorable.. and that is agreat memory to have of your mom{{{HUGS}}}

February 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Nicki, he is too precious! Naty is gonna love him!
Can't wait to see him in person! (and you and the kids too!)
February 25th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Melissa_A's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Melissa_A
It's good to read Cody's birth story. I can't imagine how hard it was to write it. Thanks for taking the time Nicki, we love you.
February 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awww what a beautiful story and of course Cody is so adorable!!!

You are doing a wonderful job ~ stay strong ~ she will always be in your heart.

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
February 25th, 2007, 04:30 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to this big world Cody Blake!

Nicki, I've been thinking about you & keeping you in my prayers. I hope you are able to get some rest. Stay strong, you are a wonderful mother to your precious children and they really need you right now. I know this is a very difficult time for you and your family, but you have the strength to get through this. God will get you through this, you Mother will always be with you and your family.

We all love you!
February 25th, 2007, 07:58 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Hugs to you Nicki. That was a really nice story. I am glad that you were not drugged out, and were able to really be awake and enjoy those special moments that you shared with your mother and your baby. Hugs to you. I am glad that Cody is a "sweet little angel baby". (how I used to refer to Evan) Lots of love to you and your family.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
February 26th, 2007, 07:25 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Hes gorgeous Nicki! You are so strong for doing it naturally!

you and your family are continuesly in my thoughts and prayers!
February 27th, 2007, 02:00 AM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story. He is gorgeous.
February 27th, 2007, 09:21 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
i loved your birth story. what an amazing memory. he is so perfect. thinking of you continually!

</div>
February 28th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing....your son is precious! So beautiful!
March 1st, 2007, 10:37 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Popping in - congratulations Nicki. Cody is a handsome little angel!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search