Alyssa Denise

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My Birth Story:

ok- Sunday night ( 2/25/) I could not sleep at all, knowing that I was going to be induced Monday morning. I fell asleep around 11:00 and woke up at 1:30 and could not fall back a sleep.
Monday morning at 5a.m I called L & D to make sure they had an open bed, which they told me to call back at 6:00. ( I was so sure that they were going to tell me that they had no beds open that day and that I would have to wait yet another day. ) But when I called back at 6:00 They told me to come to L & D and be there by 7:00.

When I got hooked up to the monitors, the nurse told me that I was having contractions and that they were 2-3 minutes apart ( which at that time I was not feeling anything yet ). About 8:00 they started pitocin and the doctor broke my water around 8:30. I was still 4cm ( since Monday the 19th ). Once my water was broken and pitocin started I started feeling the contractions. About 10:30 the nurse gave me Nuban ( SP ) a local pain medicine ( to take the edge off of the contractions. ) I did not want to get an epi but wanted something not b/c the contraction were to strong but b/c they started out so close together and they started coming 1-2 mins apart and it was driving me crazy. The Nuban really worked, relaxed me and made me feel really good. About 1:15ish the doctor came back in and checked me I was 5-6 cm. He told me ok I will be back in a few hours to check on you again. About 10mins ( or so ) later the nurse decided to have me lay on my side for a little while to try and make me dialate a little more. Well it WORKED.

10 mins ( or so ) after I was on my side, I felt like I had to Poop. The contractions started gettting crazy and hurt really bad all I remember is saying OMG I have to push and the nurse rolled me on to my back and Alyssa's head was crowing. Everything started going crazy and really fast from there. She said no no dont push blow out like your blowing out birthday candles. She hit the nurse button and said I need Dr. and an extra pair of hands" Baby was coming out and fast". So while the nurse was waiting on the doctor another nurse was in the room they were working really fast getting everything together, while I am trying my hardest not to push. Luckly their was a midwife in the hallway that rushed in and out came Alyssa. I did not even have to push I just stopped blowing and out she came. My doctor got into the room about 2 mins to late and he was like wow no way did I think she was going to come out that fast.

The cord was wrapped around her neck pretty tight, they cut the cord really fast while her head the only part out. ( she was really purple ) it took her a few minutes to cry which I was freaking out. I was like is she moving, whats going on. is she breathing. and then she SCREAMED really loud.

It was the most amazing sound when I finally heard her cry.

Alyssa was born 2/26 @ 1:40

After they weighed her all I heard was 9lbs 1oz I was like ok what did they just say ~ LOL ~ I thought she was going to weigh between 7 1/2 - 8 lbs. Never thought she was going to be that big.

She is 21 inches long

She is beautiful everything I could ever ask for.

They weighed her again today before we left and she weighs 8lbs 8oz

Edit: I forget to add that I did not rip or tear (nothing ) and that is pretty amazing since she was 9lbs ~ LOL ~

- Big foot ~ LOL ~

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
February 28th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Itsababy4us's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats a beautiful story!!! You did great!!! Congrats again

February 28th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a story! Congratulations! She is beautiful! What big baby!
February 28th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Paganmommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Paganmommie Send a message via Yahoo to Paganmommie
wow, how amazing

March 1st, 2007, 05:54 AM
linzi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to linzi
wow that sounded great and really quick i hope im that lucky no pushing no tears or anything well done your little girl is so sweet shes got a cute chubby face congrats hun

</div>

[marquee1][/marquee1]
March 1st, 2007, 08:17 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
wow great story!! I cant imagine how scary it must have been when she didnt cry! Im glad shes doing good, she has a big foot! lol She is beautiful and looks very content in that last picture lol
March 1st, 2007, 09:52 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
what an amazing story! she is so beautiful.

</div>
March 1st, 2007, 11:09 AM
stacy wilson's Avatar Member
That is such a great story...im seriously wiping my eyes ahhhhh
shes beautiful

March 2nd, 2007, 02:44 AM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations again Donise! I think she has your face!
March 5th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Donise she is soo cute! Congrats again!
March 10th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Adriann1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i love your story!! She is gorgeous!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search