Carson Charles

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2007, 03:52 PM
*~*Jenn*~*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *~*Jenn*~*
Well, we already had a scheduled c-section, and we had to be there at 5:30 in the morning. I got checked in, and it took about 2 hours to get me prepped for the surgery. Let's just say those 2 hours were not fun!!

At about 7:30am they wheeled me into the surgery room. I was so scared to be having the surgery, Chad said I had a death grip on his hand. He stood next to my head and watched the whole surgery, which took about 20 minutes, he was born at 7:51am. They told me everything they were doing, and I didn't feel anything until they started pushing on my stomach, then it was just a ton of pressure and hard to breath. Chad said that 2 guys were pushing on my stomach to get him to come out.

Once they got him out the first thing the doctors said was, "This is a big baby! Definitly not an 8 1/2 pound baby!" (Which is what her estimate had been.) He started crying the minute they pulled him out, and cried, loud, the entire time he was in the surgery room. I was able to watch them clean him up before they took him out of the room. Then Chad walked him over to me to see, before he carried him to the nursery. The minute I heard him crying I started crying. And when I saw him I thought he was the most beautiful little boy!

It took another 20-30 minutes for them to sew me up before I was taken out of surgery. When they wheeled me out I could see all the family standing at the nursery window watching him. The nurses came and told me that he weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces, and 20 inches, and they were really surprised that he didn't weigh more, since he looked so big. Once they got me settled into the room I was finally able to hold him.

He is so adorable!! He looks just like his daddy, and especially like his grandpa (dh's dad.) Paige kept saying it was HER baby, and didn't want anyone to hold him! She was one of the first people to hold him, and then wouldn't give him to anyone! Such a little mother hen.

We were in the hospital for 4 days, and I was definitly ready to get home!! They had me up and walking that evening, and by Saturday I was starting to feel pretty good. Breastfeeding is going well so far, I have to use a nipple shield, but it's helping, and making me able to breastfeed.

Now we're just trying to start a routine, and get Paige used to having a baby in the house. The biggest problem we're having is for her to know he's not a doll, and she can't just "have him" whenever she wants. Quite the adjustment for all of us!

Here's a link to the hospital website: hospital website picture Click on the spot where it says Online Baby Nursery, and then on his name "Carson Charles" and it will show the picture they took on Friday in the nursery. (It will be there for 30 days.)

Thanks to jaidynsmumfor my adorable siggy and w000 for awesome blinkies !

March 4th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Itsababy4us's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Hun!!!! Hes soooo handsome!!! I'm glad Paige has taken a liking to him

March 5th, 2007, 01:06 AM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little boy!
March 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
congrats hun hes adorable!!
March 5th, 2007, 09:24 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy