Charlotte Jo

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
lilybug914's Avatar Veteran
Hey ladies! We are officially back home after staying up at my parents last night and everything is going wonderful. Charlotte is such a good girl, very alert and curious, and a total pro at nursing!! My bf'ing experience with her so far is 20 times better than with Lily. So here's the birth story:

I went to work Thursday morning after my weekly appointment with my midwife. I had a few small contractions that day, but nothing really substantial until late in the afternoon when I had 2 in a row that were just very strong. However, after 2, they totally stopped. I decided to stay up at my parents house in the same town as my hospital that night just in case, as there was a big snow/rain/ice storm on the way. I arrived at my parents house around 5:30 and was actually feeling really good. Around 7 I noticed I was having some different contractions, but nothing close together and not really intense. I started Lily's bedtime routine with her and the contractions started around10-13 minutes apart, but not too painful, nothing I actually thought was real labor. I laid down with Lily on her bed around 8 for about a half hour reading books and felt totally fine. Then I stood up and instantly I had a totally intense, painful contraction and suddenly they started getting closer. At 9 I called the oncall midwife b/c my contractions started coming every 2-5 minutes. I was told to head up to L&D. I drove myself up to the hospital (not an issue, it was a 4 minute drive) and met Chad, he works at the hosptial. MY midwife (who I loved, I was so excited it was my favorite midwife on that night) checked and I was 3cm, 80% effaced, but still -3 station. I was started on IV antibiotics for my Group B Strep. Instantly, the contractions started in strong and close. An hour later, they checked and I was 6cm, 100% effaced. At this point I got my epidural and around 12am, I was able to get some sleep. Around 2:30am, I was checked and was fully dilated and fully effaced, but I wasn't due for my second round of antibiotics for the group B until 3. Since my water still hadn't broken they were able to hold off and give me my second round. At 4:30, they second round of antibiotics was in and they broke my water. Charlotte was STILL at -2 station though, so they had me push a couple of times and she FINALLY came down to 0 station. I started pushing at 4:45am Charlotte arrived at 5:14am. Chad was actually able to help deliver her, which was such an awesome experience for us!! All in all, it was such a great experience and let me tell you how shocked we were to see that scale read 8lbs, 8o z!! Charlotte instantly took to nursing and nursed almost an hour!! We were supposed to stay at the hospital for 48 hours but since Charlotte and I were doing so well, they said we could go home after 24 hours. YAY!! So now we are home, and everyone is doing fantastic. I'm feeling great and my only discomfort is my epidural site and lower back being the slightest bit sore. Welcome to the world Charlotte Jo!!!!!

Just born

Daddy and Charlotte

Finally home

Lily loves her sister

March 4th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Itsababy4us's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG Hun!!!! I love her chubby cheeks..shes beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Great birth story!!!!!!

March 5th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KareeAnn
She is awesome...so beautiful and I too love her cheeks !! Congrats to you and Chad !!!!!

March 5th, 2007, 02:08 AM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is just precious! That's convenient that Chad works right at the hospital! Congratulations!
March 5th, 2007, 08:41 AM
~*Angela*~'s Avatar aka hack with a camera
Beautiful!! Love those cheeks!

**Thanks claire1979 for my awesome siggy!**
March 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM
adriansmom's Avatar Veteran
Oh my...those cheeks are sooo chubby! How CUTE! What a good story you have. I hope mine goes that smoothly. Congrats.

March 5th, 2007, 09:31 AM
linzi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to linzi
awwww just look at that chubby little face wat a sweetie you have

</div>

[marquee1][/marquee1]
March 5th, 2007, 10:36 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
she is sooo cute! i love those cheeks. sounds like you had a great experience! congratulations.

</div>
March 5th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
I love her chubby cheeks!! Congrats again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search