Ethan Karl

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Kilikina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Kilikina
Well labor was fast for me. The day before he was born I was really frustrated that I had not had my baby yet and I was already one day over my due date. I had tried everything to naturally induce labor but nothing seemed to work. That night I again tried castor oil, thinking it would not work. Dh came home about an hour later, we watched some tv and then went to bed. I couldn't for some odd reason sleep that night so I spent most of the night on the couch watching movies on tv. I went back up to bed at 5:30. Dh woke up at 6 and left at 6:30 for work. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable at 6:30, but not to bad. I woke agai at 7 with contractions that were 3-4 minutes apart, but not to painful. I phoned dh letting him know, but thinking it would probably take all day, like it did with ds Evan. I phoned a friend right after and she thought I should call dh home b/c second children can come faster. So at 7:30 I called dh and told him to come homeb/c the contractions were already getting closer together (at this point they were now about 2-3 min apart). I took a shower and got the last few things ready, thinking I would blowdry my hair when dh got home. Dh got home around 8:30 and helped me do a few things, and then at 9 he got Evan dressed while I attempted to blowdry. But there was no way that was happening. My contractions were now very painful and only 1-2 min apart. So we left not long after 9. Takes about 30 min to get there, plus I hadn't gotten washer fluid for the windows and we were all out and it was dirty outside so we had to stop off at a gas station. I was in so much pain while he was driving (contractions are now right on top of each other) that I was pretty much screaming during them. I was yelling at dh to hurry up and get me there during a contraction, so he would speed, but between contractions I would yell at him to slow down before we get pulled over and get a speeding ticket (lol). We finally got to the hospital, but had to wait 20 minutes for my bro to get there to take Evan from us. I wasn't walking into the hospital myself this far in labor and we couldn't take Evan with us in te hosptial so that dh could take me in, so we also had to wait for my mom who was coming. They both finally got there at the same time, so dh helped get Evan in my bros truck while my mom and sis got a wheel chair and took me into the hospital. At this time it is already 10. They take me to triage and check me out and tell me that I am fully dialated and that the feeling of having to pee and poo is actually the babies head almost out. I asked for pain meds, but it was already too late. They quickly rush me off to l&d and get me all ready for the next 20 minutes telling me I can push if I want to. Some where in that 20 minutes my water broke (felt like a balloon popped inside of me). Well it took dh 20 minutes to park the van (parking was so full he had to go to a lot of the hospital) and there was no way I was going to push if he was not there. I was yelling at the nurses to hurry up and find him and at 10:20 he finally comes in. They let my sis, my mom and dh all stay in the room to watch the birth. I started pushing right when dh got there and by 10:40 they decided that they needed to vacuum him out b/c his heart rate was dipping through every contraction. At 10:44am with a little bit of help from the vacuum and after 19 minutes of pushing, Ethan Karl made his appearance into the world. He weighed 8 pounds and 2 ounces and was 21.5 inches long. I had a second degree tear, requiring 6 stitches.
This was the best labor experience for me. No drugs were used and I felt so much better so much quicker then I did with Evan. I stayed in the hospital till Saturday afternoon, due to Ethan having jaundice.

"Splish splash I was taking a bath!"

I design custom photo cards and websites. For more
information please check my 2 websites:
http://www.designsbykristina.ca
http://www.q1media.net
or send me an email: kduverna@q1business.net

March 7th, 2007, 02:50 PM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Wow it went so fast! Congrats hun!! Cant wait to see pics
March 8th, 2007, 01:29 AM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That was fast! You must have been tired having not slept so much either. I hope my labor is as fast (but we live 1 hour from the hospital so I would lke to make it at least there!) Contratulations to you!
March 8th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
wow cant believe how fast u went ~ thats crazy fast ~
thankfully you left your house when you did or else you would have a different story ~ baby born at home or in car ~

great job!!!

hope you are healing and feeling better from your tear

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
March 10th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Congrats again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search