Asher Bruce

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, where do I begin? ha.

I started having some very mild contractions on Tuesday night (3/6) that were about 6-8 minutes apart. They only hurt in my lower back and were just uncomfortable more than anything in my tummy so I assumed they might just be BH. I decided just to go to sleep and see what happened in the morning. I woke up several times throughout the night to go to the bathroom, and each time I did I woke up to a contraction. They still didn't hurt, but they were there. The next morning I woke up still having them, but they weren't much closer together. I decided to go my doctor just in case, and she told me to get dressed immediately (don't take a shower) and come in to get a NST and exam done. So DH and I got there as fast as we could. The NST showed that I was having contractions, but it wasn't until I got the exam that she was able to tell if they were labor contractions or not. She checked me, and I was almost 100% effaced (as opposed to 60% from 6 days earlier), and I was 2 cm dialated. She told me I was definitely in the early phase of labor, and she thought I'd have to come in to L&D no later than that evening with contractions that were 2-3 minutes apart. So she suggested going ahead and getting admitted to break my water so we could get things going rather than go back home to wait possibly even 1 hour. So DH and I ran back home to get our things and went back to the hospital. I was admitted at 1 pm.

When I got there they put me in a L&D room to get hooked up to the machines and all, and soon my doctor came in to check me and break my water. When she checked me I was 100% effaced and 3 cm dialated - I was going quick already. She then broke my water and soon my contractions were 4-5 minutes apart at the longest. The contractions were also starting to hurt a lot, and the baby's heartrate wasn't doing that great during them. We tried changing my position multiple times to see if we could get him off his cord or whatever in case that was the reason. I also got hooked up to an oxygen mask to help him. It was apparently his position or he was gripping the cord too tight through the contractions b/c after many times of changing positions he'd do better.

At about 4-5 cm I got my epidural. It worked great on one side, but didn't work at all on the other. I felt every contraction on that one side - it was awful having so much relief on one side, but being miserable on the other. So the anesthesiologist came in to re-do it. That 2nd one did the trick! I felt wonderful after that! I was talking, laughing, having a great time! The time was flying by then. The nurse eventually checked me, and I was 8 cm dialated. She couldn't believe how quickly I was going b/c they were guessing I'd have him sometime in the middle of the night or early morning. At that point she said it was definitely going to be before 9 pm. At 8 cm, though, I started regaining some feeling, and my back was killing me during contractions. She told me he posterior so he was coming face up or something. I decided not to get another epidural, though, because I wanted to make sure I could feel to push and all. Thirty minutes later I was 10 cm and ready to push. Thank goodness my doctor got there when she did! haha.

I pushed for 30 minutes, and Asher Bruce was born at 8:30 pm. It felt SO weird feeling him come out. I loved it, though! He weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 21 inches long. He did so great and is absolutely beautiful!! This pregnancy and labor have all been ideal and super easy. I only hope it's a look at the future with him! ha.

March 10th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im glad it went so well for you! I love the feeling of them coming out too, weird I know Congrats again on your little boy!!

March 10th, 2007, 07:29 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Congrats Motsy!! sounds like a great experience!!
March 10th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KareeAnn
What an awesome experience for a first time mommy !! Congrats, Asher is a doll !!

March 10th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Itsababy4us's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! You have a beautiful family!!!

March 10th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Congrats again Motsy!
March 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your baby boy and easy labor! Wow!
March 11th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!
you did a wonderful job

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
March 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM
choshojo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!

I guess you certainly managed to have your baby well before you sister! Hopefully her experience will be as good as yours, too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search