Kaycee Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KareeAnn
As you know I was scheduled for induction at 7am on March 6th. My friend Michelle came here around 6:15 to get my boys off to school. We say our goodbyes, go out to the trailblazer and the rear tire is low, really low. At this time it was almost 6:30 and we were running behind. I told David the tire would hold, lets just get going (I hate being late). We arrived at the hospital and got up to L&D right at 7:00am. It was the start of the nursing shift so I was hoping for a good nurse. I got two fantastic nurses !!

Here is me before I got changed

My birthing room

Anyway...As I was changing in the bathroom someone was banging on my door, I thought it was dh...Nope, it was my crazy doctor just being himself! So my pitocin was started at 7:30am along with my antibiotics for my GBS . My doctor came back after doing a C-section and broke my water at 8:12am. There wasn't a gush, just a trickle. Kaycee's head was blocking most of it. At that time I was 50% effaced and 2-3 CM and station -1. At around 8:45 my contractions starting picking up and with every one I was gush a little more water. I didn't want my epi yet as we know it can slow down labor too if received to early. And the pain was manageable at that time. Around 10:50 I was checked again to find out I'm still 3 cm..I wanted to scream. The pain from the contractions had moved from a 4 on the pain scale to about an 8-9. I ordered my epi !!
I had my epi at 11:15, pretty painless and fast.

After the epi we just kind of hung out waiting for the "pressure". After a couple hours the pain started to slowly come back. I told the nurse to Hit me with the pain medicine! Ahhh, I was feeling good again. At 3:00 I was checked again and went to a 5. I told the nurse if she said I was still a 3, I would lose it!! Now in the back of my mind I'm wanting Kaycee to arrive before shift change..LOL I couldn't imagine getting to know new nurses and like I said mine were fantastic. Close to 5pm I started feeling kaycee a lot lower and the pressure was starting. They called my doc, as he had to come from the office. He got there around 5:25ish and wanted me to push so he could complete me. After about 2-3 pushes I was 100% and a 10 !! He went to change and said to start pushing on the next contraction. I did and then was told to stop because little Miss Kaycee was right there. Everyone's ready....Push...I was pushing and pushing..all in one breath and my doc goes hey...lookie..I looked up and there she was !! I hadn't even realized she was out. I looked at my dh who is crying, I'm crying. It was incredible...

Little Miss Kaycee and Dr. Mike

Kaycee and Mommy

My Nurses, Elaina and Sharon

Kaycee, Mommy(Love the blue hat) and Daddy

We got to spend a little time with her but then I needed to go to the OR to get my tubes tied. It was the longest labor I had but the best experience. I did not have an episiotomy(sp) for the first time. I tore 1/4" and req. one figure eight stich. My bottom is not sore at all and the bleeding is very minimal. Now my tummy on the other hand is extremely sore. I had no idea how much that would hurt. Today it's better, but since I'm bottle feeding I'm sooo engorged...OUCH !! Kaycee is great, she is eating 3 oz every 4-5 hours. She sleeps great. We are truly blessed !!

March 10th, 2007, 07:40 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
congrats shes absolutely beautiful!
March 10th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Itsababy4us's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love your birth story!!!! You have a beautiful family!!!

March 10th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! Shes a doll!

March 10th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
She is a doll Karee, CONGRATS!!
March 10th, 2007, 11:53 AM
~CaSsAnDrA07~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~CaSsAnDrA07~ Send a message via MSN to ~CaSsAnDrA07~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~CaSsAnDrA07~
she is adorable congrats

March 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
SwedenGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story! That pic with Kaycee and the doctor is a classic! I am glad everything went so well for you!
March 11th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!
sounds like a wonderful experience
and Kaycee is so beautiful

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search