Trent Frederick

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2007, 06:29 AM
AlexBebe's Avatar Super Mommy
Here is Trent's birth story.........

My water broke at 7:40am. There were no contractions prior, or right after so we headed to the hospital (at our doctor's request).
Once we arrived, we were admitted and we got settled into my birthing suite. It was lovely! At 8:30am I began having "tighting", but it didn't feel at all like the contractions I experienced with my first child 6 years ago - so I thought nothing of it.
I should mention that when we were admitted to the hospital, NO IV was inserted at all because I tested negative for Hep B, and my doctor doesn't believe an IV is necessary.
After about 30 minutes of these "tightings", I began feeling quite uncomfortable. They were about 5 minutes apart at this point, and I was easily able to cope by melting into the bed, and squeezing my DH's hand.
These continued for an hour, and then they got nasty. They quickly went from 5 minutes apart, to 2 minutes, and then they were right on top of one another. I was very reluctant to believe that I was any where close to delivery though - because my first took over 20 hours. My wonderful nurse came in to see how I was feeling, and she decided to check me (I hadn't been checked at all since arriving) because she could see that I was in a lot of pain. I was 7 1/2 cm dilated!!!!! I immediately asked for an epidural - I figured I'd be in labour another few hours at least, and I really wanted something to get me through. My nurse explained that it was too late - too late!!!!!

Two minutes later, I started moaning in pain. Around the same time, the nurses and staff began moving things into my room (baby warmer, etc). My nurse decided to check me again, and I was 9 1/2 cm!! I started feeling the urge to push, but because I wasn't 10cm yet (and my Doctor hadn't yet arrived) she had me blow for a minute or so. My doctor arrived less than a minute later, and I began pushing. I pushed twice - and the head was out. With the final push (along with some tugging on the shoulders) I gave birth to our son. My doctor did ask if I wanted to pull him out - but I was so wrapped up in the pain at that moment that I declined. My DH also said no - I think it was a bit much for him!

Trent was born at 10:36am. His cord was not clamped right away (our doctor waited 5 minutes). Our doctor believes strongly that waiting a few minutes before clamping provides huge health benefits to the baby. We also had our cord blood banking done at this time.
Trent was rested on my belly for my DH and I to marvel at, and then after his cord was clamped and cut (but my DH), he was taken over to the weighing machine, and cleaned up before he was quickly returned to me.

I had a 1st degree tear that needed repairing, and I birthed the placenta.

Trent was nursing within 10 minutes of being born.

Awesome birth experience - one I wished I had experienced with my first.
If all births were this easy, I'd have more babies for sure!

Alex

March 30th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Congrats
April 5th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
sounds like a pretty fast and awesome birth story

( see it was not so bad without the epi was it ? )

Congrats and I really like his name

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
April 10th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds amazing - congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search