Aaron's birthstory (and my bad experience with the nurses)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2007, 10:13 AM
nicole21
I should of posted this sooner because it seems as though I am starting to forget details about how Aaron's birth went.

I know it all started that Sunday (March 18, 2007) Will and I came over to my parents place to have breakfast and I started having acouple contractions at the table. I knew that morning when I woke up that something wasnt right. But the couple contractions at the table didnt send off any signals that I would be having Aaron that night. After breakfast I had to lay down and didn't get up till about 4:30-5pm. When I woke up it felt like someone took a hammer to my hips and I was feeling really sick and I was really cramped up (horrible menstrual like cramps). Not even 10 mins after I woke up I had to run to the bathroom and get sick. Poor Will had to clean up, and my poor mom opened the door to see if I was okay and yep she almost got sick herself (sorry). I could feel the contractions while I was sitting on the side of the tub and told my mom to call the labour and delievery unit at the Royal Alex. She did and thank god my doctor was the one on the night. When she told me that my doctor was there I think at the point I kinda knew that this was meant to be. They told us to come in because it sounded as though I was in labour. We headed out and made it to the hospital at around 6. They put me in a room and around 7 my doctor came into check me. At that point she said my cervix had shortened to about 2cm and I was maybe a fingertip dilated and that she would come and check on me in 2 hrs and if my cervix had changed any we would be doing the c-section that night. So during that two hours the pain just got worse and worse. But not once did I ask for pain meds (which I am very proud of because the pain was HORRIBLE). So she came back at around 9 and checked me and she didn't even tell me what I had dialated to she just said that it has really changed and that we would be going ahead with the c-section. Things then happened really fast, the anest. doctor( can't spell) came in to let me know that he would be the one putting me to sleep and all that. I met the nurse that would be walking me into the OR. Then they took me into the OR at around 11:20pm. Luckly my brother and his wife and my dad all made it there on time. Will was so nervous you could see it when he said bye to me before I went into the OR. It took awhile before they did put me to sleep because they were giving me alot of oxegen so that my placenta would have oxegen in case they had problems getting the tube down my throat. It was really scary because they were getting me all ready and they were cleaning my belly with that stuff and I was thinking to myself okay I hope they know I am still awake. They put all the drapes down and my doctor was standing there ready to go before I was asleep. Then after the nurse started talking to me letting me know they would have the NICU team there in case Aaron needed them they put that stuff in my IV. I knew I was getting it when I started seeing 5 of her. Then next thing I know it I am waking up in the recovery room. Now what happened in the operating room, Aaron was really stuck in my pelvis and they had to use forceps to get his head out and he was bruised pretty bad I guess from it. Everyone started to worry because my doctor said that he would be out in 7 to ten mins but then when 30 mins went by and no one came out to let them know that he had been born yet. You could imagen they were worried. But he was okay his apgar score was 8/9. I dont remember when my mom and will brough him to see me because I was so out of it. I only remember seeing him at around 5 am that morning. So I went into the OR at 11:20 and he was born at 12:14 am. I remember saying to the nurse are you sure he's mine when they brought him to me.

Now that experience was okay but the post care I got from the nurses was horrible. That night same day of my c-section I asked a nurse to help me get out of bed because I was holding Aaron and she told me I had to do it myself. Which I did took me awhile and I was in a lot of pain. I went to the washroom and Aaron started crying and I got myself cleaned up and went over and started bleeding everywhere and they wouldn't even get me a towel to clean myself up with. Then acouple days later when they took him to do his car seat test I went to find him in the nursery and I knocked on the door and the nurse looked at my wrist band went in and said hes not here and slammed the door in my face. I almost started crying, I went to the front desk and the lady (who was really nice) told me that he was in there and she took me to find him. I went in and this was when he was falling his car seat test and his moniture was beeping his heart was only at 74 and wouldnt go back up. They wouldn't let me get near him nothing. So I walked back into my room and started crying and had a panic attack. Luckly my parents were there. But once he went up to the NICU he got better care and I liked all the nurses.

Sorry this is so long, but I should go now and check on Aaron.
April 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, thats some story. I can't believe those nurses! It would've taken all I have not to clock the one who slammed the door in your face! I'm glad you and Aaron are doing well.

April 2nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
herewegoagain's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to herewegoagain
There are just some people that should not be nurses!!! Glad you and Aaron are home now, he is such a cutie!!

April 2nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
Wow.. it sucks that they let people like that work in hospitals... glad everything turned out to be ok in the end though!!

And congrats again he is such a doll!!..

April 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again! Glad everything turned out ok in the end! I had some horrible nurses when I had my son also!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
newmom-19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to newmom-19
ha oh man i would have been so maaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!
i would have been opening the door back up and been like look lady, i just asked you a darn question dont need to slam a dam door in my face and walk away lol..
im glad u and aaron are doing well now yay

Adrianah Elizibeth Rosealie
</div>
April 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
SimplySara05
i have a feeling if a nurse was rude to me i'd probably hit and cuss.. im not a nice person when im emotional. And I'm sorry you had to deal with such ignorant people!

With that aside, Aaron is precious!!
April 3rd, 2007, 11:02 AM
sharon81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sharon81
Your birthstory is absolutely amazing. I am sorry however that you nurses were so horrible to you. I am glad there was on good nurse there to help you find the little booger. I can't believe how they treated you. I do understand that they make you sit up on your own I expirenced that also... but they were never rude to me about it. They just encouraged me and were always there to help in case I fell. I also had nurses that would come in when I had to use the rest room just to watch and make sure I was ok because I was so unsteady on my feet and one nurse even helped me dry off after a shower so your nurses have no excuse for not helping you when you were bleeding so badly and for treating you so rotton... Please do me a favor and complain about your care to the head of the hospital. This makes me so angry. But any way, Congrats on your little one. Your birth story has touched me in a special way. I found myself tearing up at least 5 times... HUGS sweetie. You are a very tough woman!

April 3rd, 2007, 01:45 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! This made me cry! I can't believe they even let those women be nurses. I'm so sorry you shouldn't have had to go through that!
April 5th, 2007, 05:35 AM
nat81
Man, I'm sorry you had to go through that with the mean nurses...

Thanks for sharing your birth story
April 6th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Congrats on your little one!! I can't believe that nurse, i would have been freaking out.
thanks for sharing.

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

April 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
I should of posted this sooner because it seems as though I am starting to forget details about how Aaron's birth went.

I know it all started that Sunday (March 18, 2007) Will and I came over to my parents place to have breakfast and I started having acouple contractions at the table. I knew that morning when I woke up that something wasnt right. But the couple contractions at the table didnt send off any signals that I would be having Aaron that night. After breakfast I had to lay down and didn't get up till about 4:30-5pm. When I woke up it felt like someone took a hammer to my hips and I was feeling really sick and I was really cramped up (horrible menstrual like cramps). Not even 10 mins after I woke up I had to run to the bathroom and get sick. Poor Will had to clean up, and my poor mom opened the door to see if I was okay and yep she almost got sick herself (sorry). I could feel the contractions while I was sitting on the side of the tub and told my mom to call the labour and delievery unit at the Royal Alex. She did and thank god my doctor was the one on the night. When she told me that my doctor was there I think at the point I kinda knew that this was meant to be. They told us to come in because it sounded as though I was in labour. We headed out and made it to the hospital at around 6. They put me in a room and around 7 my doctor came into check me. At that point she said my cervix had shortened to about 2cm and I was maybe a fingertip dilated and that she would come and check on me in 2 hrs and if my cervix had changed any we would be doing the c-section that night. So during that two hours the pain just got worse and worse. But not once did I ask for pain meds (which I am very proud of because the pain was HORRIBLE). So she came back at around 9 and checked me and she didn't even tell me what I had dialated to she just said that it has really changed and that we would be going ahead with the c-section. Things then happened really fast, the anest. doctor( can't spell) came in to let me know that he would be the one putting me to sleep and all that. I met the nurse that would be walking me into the OR. Then they took me into the OR at around 11:20pm. Luckly my brother and his wife and my dad all made it there on time. Will was so nervous you could see it when he said bye to me before I went into the OR. It took awhile before they did put me to sleep because they were giving me alot of oxegen so that my placenta would have oxegen in case they had problems getting the tube down my throat. It was really scary because they were getting me all ready and they were cleaning my belly with that stuff and I was thinking to myself okay I hope they know I am still awake. They put all the drapes down and my doctor was standing there ready to go before I was asleep. Then after the nurse started talking to me letting me know they would have the NICU team there in case Aaron needed them they put that stuff in my IV. I knew I was getting it when I started seeing 5 of her. Then next thing I know it I am waking up in the recovery room. Now what happened in the operating room, Aaron was really stuck in my pelvis and they had to use forceps to get his head out and he was bruised pretty bad I guess from it. Everyone started to worry because my doctor said that he would be out in 7 to ten mins but then when 30 mins went by and no one came out to let them know that he had been born yet. You could imagen they were worried. But he was okay his apgar score was 8/9. I dont remember when my mom and will brough him to see me because I was so out of it. I only remember seeing him at around 5 am that morning. So I went into the OR at 11:20 and he was born at 12:14 am. I remember saying to the nurse are you sure he's mine when they brought him to me.

Now that experience was okay but the post care I got from the nurses was horrible. That night same day of my c-section I asked a nurse to help me get out of bed because I was holding Aaron and she told me I had to do it myself. Which I did took me awhile and I was in a lot of pain. I went to the washroom and Aaron started crying and I got myself cleaned up and went over and started bleeding everywhere and they wouldn't even get me a towel to clean myself up with. Then acouple days later when they took him to do his car seat test I went to find him in the nursery and I knocked on the door and the nurse looked at my wrist band went in and said hes not here and slammed the door in my face. I almost started crying, I went to the front desk and the lady (who was really nice) told me that he was in there and she took me to find him. I went in and this was when he was falling his car seat test and his moniture was beeping his heart was only at 74 and wouldnt go back up. They wouldn't let me get near him nothing. So I walked back into my room and started crying and had a panic attack. Luckly my parents were there. But once he went up to the NICU he got better care and I liked all the nurses.

Sorry this is so long, but I should go now and check on Aaron.[/b]

Poppin in from June ...ti just wanted to say how sorry i am you had to go through all of that! i'm in edmonton too and giving birth at Grey Nuns..i hope they are much better than the royal! enjoy being a momma..i cant wait to join ya!

Thankyou Karaluvsjordyn for the awesome siggy!!!
April 22nd, 2007, 10:08 PM
nicole21
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry this is so long, but I should go now and check on Aaron.[/b]

Poppin in from June ...ti just wanted to say how sorry i am you had to go through all of that! i'm in edmonton too and giving birth at Grey Nuns..i hope they are much better than the royal! enjoy being a momma..i cant wait to join ya!
[/b]
I was supposed to go to the Grey Nuns I actually live a 2 min walk from it. But I changed doctors and she was at the Royal. But I gotta go and take Aaron home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search