Danika Lynn

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2007, 12:18 PM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First I'll give the most important info!
She was born 3:43 pm on April 5th
6lbs 9oz and 20 inches long.

Here's the story....

On Monday, April 2nd I went to my regular check up in pain and so miserable! Since I'd been having contractions and cramping for so long (10 weeks by then), my doctor checked me and told me I was dilated to almost 4 and 80% efaced and asked if I'd like to be done being pregnant? UH!! YES! So we scheduled an induction for Thursday, April 5th. It seemed like it took forever for Thursday to arrive. Finally, Thursday was here! I woke up at 3:30 am (after only falling asleep around 1:30ish). I ate a bowl of cereal, took a shower and got everything ready. At 5:10am we left for the hospital, got there at 5:30 am for my induction appt.

me and my preggo belly at the hospital just before things got started.

The nurse came in, asked me a gazillion questions, I signed the paper work and then we started the pitocin around 6:30. When I got to the hospital I was still dilated to almost a 4 and still only 80% efaced. No progress since Monday's dr. appt. A new nurse came in around 7:30 to introduce herself, I was confused and realized the shift changed. With her came a nursing student was going to observe--I was uncomfortable with that but didn't want to be rude.... she would be witnessing her first child birth. Around 8am, the nurse broke my water around and my contractions started coming stronger and stronger but not consistent in terms of strength. Some were SUPER painful and then there would be a few small contractions... they wanted them to stay consistent. But boy did they HURT!!!

Around 10 the Epidural Man guy came.... That was NOT a pleasant experience at all!! It took him 3 tries to get it in the right place... I almost asked him to stop! But then when it was in and started to take affect, I instantly became relaxed. It was the first time in 10 weeks that I had not felt contractions and finally had relief! It felt like I had just gotten a full body massage. I was able to even lie comfortably in bed for the first time in months. I asked the nurse if it would slow labor down, she said that my contractions are progressing and it should be fine.

At 1pm the nurse checked me again and I only progressed to 5cm!!!

ONLY DILATED TO 5!!! I was disappointed... but still keeping my good sense of humor. I joked saying now I'm gonna start going backwards and she's never going to be born. At this rate I was going to be there forever!!! And I was starving! That's all I could think about. And all I could eat were Ice Chips! Paul was such a great support to me! I couldn't have done that without him... after all, wihtout him I wouldn't have been there. HA HA

So, after calling my Dr. they decided to increase the amount of pitocin I was getting. The nurse said she'd be back to check me soon. About 45 minutes later she checked me and asked me to do a practice push. I asked why, will that make me dilate more (having no clue...). She said I was dilated to 10 and it was time to start pushing. She was so calm about it all.... So, I pushed, and pushed and pushed.... the nurse could see her head but I couldn't get the baby to move any further. And I was STARVING!! (did I mention that?).

The nursing student, my nurse and Paul were all so helpful and encouraging. After an hour of pushing I started feeling cramping and contractions again.... they epidural man came back and gave me another dose about 20 min later and said it would start working in about 10 min. Right when it started working, my doctor arrived, they set up her table of "tools" and she checked, told me to push and out came the suction, vaccum thing. The baby wasn't moving and I coudn't push any hard. So, They used the suction and I lost it. I started crying and worried that it would hurt the baby. It's 60 pounds of pressure pulling on my baby's head. I pushed 3 times and it lost it's suction as my doctor was pulling on the 3rd push.. it flew back and hit her in the face. So she put it back on the baby's head and after 3 more pushed with the doctor pulling (her arm shaking she was pulling so hard) out came my baby! Born at 3:43pm on April 5th

She was absolutely perfect!!!

Paul cut the umbilical chord

and the doctor handed her to me!

Then I asked .... How many stitches am I getting. My dr said only one on the inside. I didn't tear at all!!! Whew!!! I was relieved!

They brought the scale in and weighed her! She looked so long and skinny....
6lbs 9oz! Bigger than I thought she looked.

She was hungry right away! So they brought in a bottle and Daddy got to feed his daughter for the first time. I hardly got to hold her... but I was also excited that he wanted to be a baby hog.

her first kiss

Then daddy went to the nursery with his daughter to record her first bath.

After a while and me almost passing out when they had me try to pee they took me to my post pardum room. Paul's sister was her first visitor and she brought me FOOD!!! I was so hungry but could hardly eat from being so nauseous... It was the best Port of Subs Turkey wrap I'd ever had!

3 hrs after they took Danika to the nursery (was only supposed to be an hour but the nurses had a shift change) I sent Paul to go get her. I couldn't wait any longer!!! I wanted my baby!

And here she is!

I put her in her own clothes immediately!

Then around 6 am my dr came in.... said I was free to go home as long as baby was good to go that evening.

(my dr took this picture of us-I'm a little swollen and puffy... lol)

We were home by 6:30 pm and It was nice to be home with our daughter!

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
What a great story!! I would have been scared too if they were pulling on my baby's head with a vacuum..

She is absolutely precious!!

April 8th, 2007, 12:43 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww Leighanne that was an awesome birth story i'm so happy you finally got to hold your precious danika in your arms!!!! She's so beautiful! Congrats again

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
April 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your story!! Your little girl is gorgeous and your hair looks fab by the way!!

Hugo Vincent - born April 26th 2007

April 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM
CarryingCarrie
I love it! You did so great! And I'm glad you didn't tear! Hopefully you are starting to feel like yourself again.

Thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
April 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
nat81
Wow! You did great hon!!! Congratulations again, she's beautiful!!!

BTW, I couldn't help but laugh shen you said the vaccum hit your doc in the face... just picturing makes me laugh!!!
April 8th, 2007, 01:32 PM
newmom-19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to newmom-19
awww HUN! that was amazing.. shes so beautiful & im SO proud of you!
I hope my birth story is soon! Congratulations to you again love.

Adrianah Elizibeth Rosealie
</div>
April 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM
demandaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to demandaj
Thank you so much for the awesome birth story...I am so glad you are done with all the pain and now get to enjoy your little girl...

April 8th, 2007, 11:52 PM
SimplySara05
Thanks for sharing your amazing birth story! I'm so glad that your little Danika is here, and now you get to stop being so uncomfy and enjoy her!!
April 9th, 2007, 04:00 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was a beautiful birth story!! Enjoy your beautiful daughter! (I so can't wait for my baby now )

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 9th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thats great LeighAnne! Danika is soo precious! I would have been scared of the vaccuum too. I'm glad you are both well, and no more pregnancy yuckiness! Congratulations.

April 9th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LeighAnne, she is absolutely beautiful - thank you so much for sharing your birth story and the pics. I especially love the one of her sleeping with her little hands folded - so precious...
April 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
jayesel's Avatar Member
yay, what a good story I'm glad to hear everything went well! She's a cutie- I love the picture of her folding her hands- precious!

I passed out when they made me try to use the bathroom before moving me to the postpartum room! So you're not alone heh

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search