Alyssa Lee Ruggiero

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2007, 05:42 PM
jessicaruggiero's Avatar Super Mommy
Alyssa Lee Ruggiero
Birth Date: April 3rd,2007
Time: 4:23 AM
Weight: 9lbs, 6oz.
Length: 20 Inches

I woke up on Monday morning(my due date) to some pretty bad cramping, that I assumed to just be some really bad braxton hicks contractions because they were'nt really regular and Id been having some pretty bad braxton hicks recently. After getting my shower and having some breakfast, I went to the bathroom and noticed that I was having bloody show. I was pretty excited to see this, but I didnt want to get my hopes up. My husband was at the store picking some things up and after he was done, he was going to visit a friend of his that lives about an hour and a half away. I decided that Id better call him and have him come home just in case it was the real thing. While I was waiting for him to get home, I strated having really painful, regular contractions. I was timing them at 4 minutes apart and lasting for about 60 seconds. I then decided to call my doctors. They had me go into the office to be examined and monitored once my husband got home. When they examined me, I was 90% effaced and 2-3 cm's dilated. I was on the monitor for a little bit and definitely having real contrations. My doctor said that I was definitely in labor and told me to go home and grab my bags because I was going to the hospital to have my baby! Yay, it was finally time!!!

I went home, got a quick shower, ate and grabbed my bags. When we got to the hospital, I was 100% effaced and 4cm's dilated. The nurse asked me if I wanted anything for the pain. I really didnt want to get the epidural and decided that if I could handle it, I would just take demerol or stadol. At that point, I was in pretty bad pain, so I decided to get some stadol. The stadol really helped me deal with the pain for about an hour and then the pain was back and stronger than ever. They examined me again about 3 hours later and I hadnt progressed at all. At this point, I was in so much pain that I just couldnt take it anymore, so I gave in and got the epidural. The epidural immediately took my pain away and relaxed me so much. They started me on pitocin at this point hoping that things would progress. About 3 more hours passed and I was examined again. I still hadnt progressed at all. Another 3 hours passed and still nothing. 4 hours later, my doctor came in the room and told me that the baby's heart rate was dropping significantly after every contration and because I had made no progression even after the pitocin that I would have to have a c-section because they beleived that the baby might be too large to fit through my birth canal. I was really scared now, but knew that this would be the best thing to do for the baby.

When they were wheeling me in to get my c-section, I was really terrified. My mind was racing. It was really hard for me to calm down. When they were done prepping me, my husband was allowed to come in. I held his hand the entire time and kept trying to focus on him. I dont think I have ever been so scared in my entire life. My whole body was trembling, which they told me was completely normal.

Suddenly, I heard Alyssa crying. All of my fears and worries vanished and turned to happiness. I cryed because of how happy I was. I hadnt even seen her yet, but I loved her more than anything in the world! I heard my doctor saying, wow that is a big girl! I was wondering how big she could be. They weighed her and told me 9 pounds and 6 ounces. I was in shock because at my last prenatal visit, my doctor had estimated her weight to be around 6-7 pounds. She told me that she didnt expect me to have a big baby. Boy, was she off! All of the doctors from my obgyn's office were very surprised. My husband was able to bring Alyssa over to me for a few minutes before I went to the recovery room. She was such a cutie! I couldnt beleive how adorable she was! I was so in love with her right away!!!

I was in the recovery room for quite a while. They kept asking me if I could wiggle my toes, but I definitely couldnt. I asked how long it usually took for other people to start wiggling their toes and I was told about an hour. I started worrying that I was gonna be parilyzed from the waist down. I worry way too much!!! About two hours passed and finally I was able to get the slightest movement out of my toes. I was then trasferred to my post partum suite and shortly after, they bought Alyssa to me.

The first 24 hours following the c-section were the most painful. Im still in pain now, but it is definitely getting much better every day. Im just so glad that my husband stayed with me the entire time that I was in the hospital. We came home on Friday. Alyssa went to her 48 hour checkup at the pediatrician on Easter morning. She is doing great!!! We go back to the pediatrician on the 16th. Boy, being a new mom is so much work, but definitely well worth every second of it!
April 9th, 2007, 06:48 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl! Sorry about the emergency c-section though, but i'm glad everything worked out

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
April 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
sharon81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sharon81
congrats on your baby girl... What a great birth story!

April 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
SimplySara05
congrats on your new lil one!! sorry you had to have a csection but still a wonderful story!
April 9th, 2007, 09:55 PM
CarryingCarrie
Thank you for sharing! What a roller coaster of emotions! And how beautiful! Congratulations again to you! Alyssa really is adorable!
April 10th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Firsttimemommy413's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for telling us your wonderful birth story!!!!
April 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thats a great story! Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search