Layla Lee

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2007, 09:41 AM
momma2layla's Avatar Veteran
<span style="font-family:Georgia">It was 3:47am Jonathan and I are watching a movie, because neither of us can sleep at night.
All of a sudden I feel this strong pain in my lower back/butt. I climb my way off the couch, and as I stand up I feel this warm trickle down my leg. I hurry up and run/waddle into the bathroom, and try to clean myself up. I come back into our room and say " I think my water just broke," Jonathan, knowing the hospital is an hour away says "are you sure? Are you really sure?" By now I am already feeling contractions, so I say "Uh- Yeah!" so I hurry and finish packing my suitcase, which had been half packed for about 3 weeks. After calling my parents, and my best friend, we hurry out the door.
The Drive to the hospital is not so bad, seeing as though it is 4 in the morning, and most people are asleep. So we make record time down the freeway. We arrive at the hospital and my contractions are 5 minutes apart. I am sent up to the 5th floor, and told to go check in. After about a 1/2 hour of grueling paperwork and answering questions I get to go put on my hospital gown and get in my cozy bed. YEAH RIGHT! This bed is so
UNCOMFORTABLE, I would have been happier on the floor! But, oh well, concentrate on those contractions... they hurt, BAD. I am only dialated to 2 and I have the worst pains in my lower back/butt area. I am ready for this all to be over, and I've only been in labor for about 3 hours, what a wimp. This bed really sucks!
A little while longer I get to go to my own delivery Suite. Now this is what im talkin about! This is great! Nice pink walls, a TV, windows, furniture! And atlast, a nice brand spankin new hospital bed.
It is really nice, but nothing can take away the pain of these contractions. So I ask my lovely nurse Debbie for an Epidural.

I am dialated to 5, and Jonathan watches the lady put in my epidural, which really really hurts/ But i just keep tellin myself its going to get a whole lot better soo, so I suck up the pain.
A few minutes pass and I feel much better. the rest of labor isnt so bad, just long, and finally comes the fun part.
My epidural is wearing off, and its time to push. I have a whole team of people rooting for me, made up of 3 doctors and 2 nurses, and my love Jonathan.
I push and push and push and push. I dont think I can push anymore and they say they have to cut me. AHHHH I didnt want it to turn out this way! But its better than tearing I suppose.
4:49pm Aboout 5 pushes later, 13hours of labor, Layla Lee is born.
My beautiful baby is put on my chest and I look at Jonathan through teared up eyes "I Love You. I Love You so much Jonathan!</span>

April 18th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats
she is beautiful
sounds like a wonderful birth story ~ sorry about all the pain you were in ~
I did not get an epi but it seems like I have heard alot of people say the epi wears off when they are ready to push ( go figure )
great job

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
April 21st, 2007, 10:32 AM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search