Sienna Lee

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2007, 10:11 PM
dotti_85's Avatar Veteran
My due date of March 28 came and went with no sign of baby.
I was getting most upset as i had belived this pregnancy was going to end 2 weeks early like my first (no such luck!) and i was getting extreamly umcomfortable.
This baby was geting quite big and as i am only a small person it was really becoming an issue with me!
On my due date i had a visit with my doctor who said if i made it to my next appointment a week later (41 weeks!!) he would put me in that night for an induction, so from then on i had ths dull feeling this baby was gonna be forced out on April 4th.
The following saturday night (march 31st) DH and i went to a friends place for a bbq and retreated home by 10 to watch a dvd.
Before doing so though i decided to try doing the deed one more time in hope that it might do something this time.
We went to bed at mid night and i slept the best 4 hours sleep i had had since becoming pregnant!!
I woke up at 4:20am gasping for breath, at first i couldn't work out why and dozed off to sleep again.
20 minuites later i awoke again to the same thing, only this time i quickly realised i was having to breath threw a contraction.
I was quite suprised but then thought not much of it, the amount of pressure i was feeling behind i just thought maybe i was having a blocked bowel attack but got up to go to the toilet anyway.

After plodding around the house for a half hour or so i decided they were in fact contractions and decided to lay down on a matress in the lounge room with the blow heater on my lower back and dozed off for about an hour in between the mild contractions.
At 6am things began to get quite uncomfortable and i got up to use the bathoom, as soon as i stood up i felt even more pressure so decided that maybe leaning over the gym ball might help get the pressure off my back and back side!!
I lasted meybe 10 minuites on that before i called out to DH to warm up my weet bag in the microwave, he got up and asked if this was "it"
"prolly not yet babe" i answered. Contractions were all over the place in time and intencity so i was sure i was only in the early stages.
I told DH to go back to bed coz he will prolly need the sleep.
Well within minuites the next contraction came and although it was quite bareable i felt like i almost had to push!!
I was really confused i had only been in labor for 2 hours! I also noticed i had started to shake at this point so i went in and asked DH to get up, i just though i had better go and get cheaked out and find out what was going on, thinking i would most likely get sent home again.

I called my parents, who had Giselle for the night and told them i was just going to get cheaked out and i would call in on the way home or phone them if needed.

I joked in the car on the way to the hospital to DH about wouldn't it be funny if we got there and they said i was ready to go!!! we had a good laugh about that.

When we arrived i got out of the car and immediately had a really strong contraction that stopped me in my tracks.
Another one hit about a minuite later when we got to the door and another a minuite later when we got to the nurses station!!
This was suddenly picking up very quickly and i was glad i had decided to come in.
in the triage room the midwife was trying to take my obserations but ontractions kept coming too quickly.
i told her that i felt massive pressure but the pain level was not that bad, she then quickly directed me into the delivery room to cheak me.
as i headed into the next room i felt something decending then with the most massive pop my waters broke with a huge gush!!!
'think i just burst my banks!' i said to th nurse
she laughed and told me to hop up on the bed and cheaked me.
'so how far have we got to go' i asked
'we'll we had better get the doctor up here soon love coz your neary ready to go, just don't push!'
i looked at dh and laughed, i was pretty pleased!!

so for the next hour i labored easily on my side and the doctor, nurse and dh talked calmly and casualy.
at 8am the doctor told me i could start pushing, thank god!!!
it was steady progress and 45 minuites later i delivered Sienna, healthy and crying!!
it was the best experiance, so layed back and calm, no complications at all and only 4 and a half hours.
my mother didn't quite make it, thinking she had some time she went about her time dropping giselle off at a friends place she came in just as bub was delivered onto the bed!!

Sienna was born at 8:43am on April 1st weighing in at a massive 8lbs 5oz,
compared to giselle who was only 5lb 13oz
but all went well and all are healthy!

</a>
April 18th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!!
wow you did a great job
thats how I like them also short and sweet ( my 1st labor was only 4 hours and this one was only 4 1/2 hours )

thankfully you went to the hospital when you did

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
April 21st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
That is great!! Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search