Sean Christian

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2007, 04:48 AM
starcie
Sean Christian
April 16
9 pounds 1 ounce

I woke up when SO got up for work at 5am on monday 16th a bit bloated feeling - like when I'm about to get af. I thought nothing of it and went back to sleep. I woke a couple more times to pee etc. and noticed I was still feeling a little bit funny. I finally got out of bed at after spending some time on JM noticed that the period pain had started coming and going fairly regularly, and was accompanied by back pain.

It got to about 11am and I decided I should start timing them just incase - and I kinda thought once I began timing they would go away so then at least I'd be comfortable!! I grabbed a pen, paper, watch and my omomori (Its a charm blessed by buddhist monks - this one was blessed for a safe and easy childbirth. SO's sister lives in Japan and trekked to a gorgeous temple specially to get it for us) They were coming irregularly but always between 5 and 10 minutes apart. I called my mum about an hour later to see what she thought and to give her a heads up that it might have been happening today. She told me to go and SLEEP.

SO came home from work for luch and was so excited when I told him that I might be in labor. I didn't want to call the hospital to early, but he convinced me to call before he had to go back to work. They told me to hang out at home longer and to call if things seem to progress. SO went back to finish the last hour of his shift and I tried to get some sleep.

At about five I called the hospital back coz I'd started losing my plug and the contrax were coming every 2-3 mins. After the bumpiest longest 20 minute car ride in history we made it to L&D. They didn't admit me straight away, just checked my bp and stuff like that before finally getting around to an internal at about 6:30. I was so disappointed when she said I was a soft 1 -2. She said they'd leave me a bit longer with the heart rate monitor to check and see how bubs was handling the contrax, but then I'd probably be best to go home and labor there longer. They came back around 8pm and I asked to be checked again coz the contrax were pretty much back to back and I wasn't sure how I'd know when to come back to L&D. I'd gone from a 1-2 to a 7-8 so I got to stay!!!

They ran the bath for me and after a brief interlude with the scales in the hall way (I couldn't resist weighing my pregnant self one more time) I jumped in and it was like instant relief. Good thing too becasue not long later I hit transition and was in heaps more pain. I just kept reminding myself that transition was the worst and that it would be over soon. My midwife and SO were applying counter pressure on my hips, feeding me sips of cordial and being generally great, but I was struggling so I tried the gas for two contrax, but it was past the point where gas was going to do much, too late for an epidural and pethidene didn't sound too appealing so I turned my focus back to how comforting the water had been. I had let go of the omomori for the first time and things stalled - but that could have been just the pause before the pushing too. SO looped it around my wrist and coincidentally maybe thing started moving again.

After every push I looked at the midwife waiting for her to say she could see the head becasue it felt like it was right there and for the longest time she didn't. Then all of the sudden she could see it and bang - his head was out. I had to stop pushing and wasn't sure why until I loked down and saw a full head of hair bobbing in between my legs in the water!! Even though I knew he was fine I started to worry about his head being in that water so I was relived when I was allowed to push again. SO got into position and at 10:29 I gave one last push and SO pulled our baby boy out of the water and into the big wide world for his first breath!!!

He was a surprise baby so we pulled back the cord to reveal boy bits, which was a big shock coz everyone was sure we were having a girl!

We spent another couple minutes in the bath before moving over to a bean bag they had set up on the floor with some delicious heated towels and blankets. The placenta was delivered there and not long after that my mum arrived. We spent a few more minutes gazing at him before going back to birthing suite. They checked me for tearing and there was none - not even graing!!!! SO's mum came in after that and we all just stared at the beautiful little being lying on my chest. A few hours later after the grandmas had gone home they weighed him before taking us up to the maternity ward and we discovered that the beautiful little being wasn't so little after all - 9 pounds 1 ounce. And that was 10 days early I still can't imagine what he would have weighed if I had gone 10 days late!!!

Its amazing, it feels like he's been here forever. And I really couldn't have wished for a better labor - now i just have to figure out how to import omomori and give everyone great labors!!!.
April 20th, 2007, 05:15 AM
nat81
What a great brith story! Congrats
April 20th, 2007, 08:00 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great birth story! It sounds like it pretty much went perfectly!!!
Congrats on your big baby boy!
April 20th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ADunman
congrats!!!! sounded kinda esy! lol!

April 20th, 2007, 09:59 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Starcie,
What a wonderful birth story. I am so happy for you that it worked out so perfectly. Water is wonderful! I love the name you guys chose for your little man. Was your SO pleased that baby was a BOY? It's so much fun to have a surprise with the first baby! Congrats again and I can't wait to see more pictures. Don't you feel really great after delivering in water? I mean...have you found that you really don't need "RECOVERY" ? ...more like you are energized? That's how I felt. I'm really proud of you!

Now, I can't wait for MY turn!!!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
April 20th, 2007, 07:45 PM
elbe's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to elbe
Wow, that is beautiful! It sounds perrrrfect. I'll take one just like that, pleas & thank you!

I love that your DH caught your son. M is hoping to be able to catch Nora.

Congratulations! I'm glad it was everything you wanted it to be.

"The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking." - John Galbraith</div>
April 20th, 2007, 10:52 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
Thats amazing, as soon as my contractions got bad i got an epi, lol. I'm glad you were able to do it with out any meds, your such a strong woman. Congrats again!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
April 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Congrats on your baby boy!

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

April 26th, 2007, 03:40 PM
demandaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to demandaj
What a great birth story...Sounds like you couldn't have asked for anything better..Congrats Momma I was gonna say..didn't we think it was a girl??? LOL....He's adorable you did awesome...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search