Alexander Fredrick

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so I guess I should start with my doctors appointment on April 13th. The doctor said that he felt his head, but nothing was happening. The u/s I had had 2 days before said the baby was only in the 7 lb range, so we wouldn't talk induction just yet. He told me that if I was at my appointment the following week, we would talk induction. I was getting so impatient. I was certain I would be seeing him that next week.

I went to bed around midnight. At 2am I woke up having to pee. I noticed I was leaking quite a bit. As soon as I stood up, tons of water gushed all around me! I was shocked! I knew my water broke. I woke up Mike and he almost couldn't believe it. He had only been sleeping 15 minutes! Poor guy. I called the doctor and he said that if I wasn't having contractions I could wait until about 6am to go to the hospital since I live so close. But if I started having any regular contractions, just come right away. So as soon as I hung up the phone, I noticed contractions. They weren't very painful, but they were about every 4-5 minutes. I took a shower and got ready and then off to the hospital we went.

When I got there, they checked me and said I was about a centimeter dilated. It hurt SOOO bad when they checked me. Apparently my cervix is very posterior. They decided to start pitocin. They kept increasing it because I was having very bad contractions, but they weren't lasting that long. I wasn't dilating at all. They wouldn't give me an epidural because I wasn't dilated to 4cm. They gave me nubain and phenergan, but all that did was knock me out for an hour. So finally around 5pm they decided to give me an epidural because I was in horrible pain. I was so thankful, but I noticed it did not work at all on my left side! I could still feel everything full force. So around 6:30 they check me again.....still NOTHING! Not even a half cm of progress. They said that the baby was doing fine, so if I wanted I could try to labor a little bit longer, but eventually they would probably have to do a c-section. I said, forget it! If thats what was gonna happen anyway, just do it and get it over with! If I had dilated a little bit, I may have tried, but there was no change in 18 hours of labor.

They gave me a spinal and that was it for the pain. No more, thank goodness! The doctors were so great, joking around with me and talking all during the procedure. It really kept my mind off things. Even though it couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes to get him out, it seemed like forever. I couldn't wait to see my baby! Once they showed him to me, I noticed he had the cutest chubby face. At least it looked that way. All the nurses were commenting that he was a big, solid boy.

So Alexander was born at 7:23pm. It was the greatest moment ever! DH went with him to the nursery and came back to tell me his stats. 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 20 inches long. He also has bright red hair! It is on both sides of the family, so I knew it could happen. He is just the most precious angel ever.

April 20th, 2007, 05:57 PM
nat81
My water broke just like yours! Sorry you ended up having a c-section but the most important thing was getting your baby out
April 20th, 2007, 07:43 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
April 21st, 2007, 10:55 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Congrats!!

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

April 22nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on the birth of your little man! Thanks for sharing your story. Hope you recover quickly from your "C". Blessings!!!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search