I didn't think I was going to really have

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2007, 07:18 AM
sharon81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sharon81
Well mine is still pretty cut and dry compared to most because I had a schedualed section on the 20th of April. Well I got there at 5:00am and got prepped and all that good stuff. They took me to the OR at around 7am My mom came with me because I am her only daughter and she didn't get to see my son born and this would be her last chance so my hubby said that he'd sit out so she'd have a chance. Any way after what seemed like forever the Epi doc came in and had me get on the table and get into the fetal position as best as possible... and hunch my back out like an angry cat.lol... well after trying for what seemed like 30 minutes... probably only like 10 0r 15 mins He decides that we won't be able to do the epi because every time he would put the needle in I would get a sharp stabbing pain in my right hip. So they had to put me out.. So now instead of just crying, I am sobbing uncontrollably, I was awake for my son and I wanted to be awake to see my new daughter, I just couldn't stop weeping... any way they put the mask on me and then I woke up. it was really hard for me to wake up for some reason? I remember they asked me if I was awake enough to look at pictures of my baby and I said no. I can't believe I said no.... any way Then When the nurse came back by I asked if I had a girl and she said yes and then showed me my pictures of my amazing baby girl. She looked a lot like my son but continually changed and has more her own look. Any way with all that said, I know it was of God that I wasn't allowed to be awake during the c-section because they had problems with Ali when she first came out( I know I would have freaked out) She had to be put on oxygen for a bit and they had trouble getting her to respond or wake up... So, Every thing is good so far now. She wasn't on oxygen very long because she was born at 8:22am and was brought up to my husband who at this time is pacing, they said the baby would be born around 8 and he still had heard nothing. ( oh and my mom didn't get to be in with me because I had to be put out) But any way wow my thoughts are jumbled. Anyway She wasn't on the oxygen any more at around 10 when she was brought into my husband. And then I followed at around 10:30... So My poor hubby. I felt so bad for him not knowing what was going on. Any way She is a beauty... She is Alirene Maybelle Lewis Her name is taken from my mothers name Alice Irene, So that is how I got her name. oh and her middle name is my grandmothers first name.

Alirene Maybelle Lewis
8:22am
7lbs13oz
19inches

First bottle and daddy finally gets to see his princess

Me and my knappy hair meeting my girl for the first time

a random picture taken the day she got her pic taken at the hosp..

April 25th, 2007, 08:46 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything turned out alright after! Sounds like it was scary for a bit!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 26th, 2007, 05:13 AM
nat81
Wow! who would have thought a scheduled c-section could be so eventful! I'm glad everything worked out, she's a cutie
April 26th, 2007, 03:57 PM
demandaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to demandaj
Awww poor thing...Sounds like it was a pretty emotional day for you guys..How crazy things can get with these births of ours....Glad all is well now and you have your sweet baby girl safe in your arms...

April 26th, 2007, 09:19 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats I'm glad everything is ok now!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
April 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM
nicole21
I am glad everything turned out okay! I know what it was like to be put to sleep for the delievery, I hated it but nothing I could do. And it turned out for the best in my situation also.
April 28th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! She is adorable. Sorry about the rough delivery and that you had to be put out, but its good that everything turned out well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search