Ainsley Faith

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2007, 06:04 PM
BamaGymnCoach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to BamaGymnCoach Send a message via MSN to BamaGymnCoach
Oops. Sorry. I forgot to update until now. I was induced on April 24 starting at 4:45am... And had Ainsley Faith @ 4:37pm! Vaginally! Yay! Well, I got a 3rd degree tear- lucky me, but it's way better than the C-section we were all expecting.

So, from the beginning.. On Monday, the doctor said we'd give a vaginal birth "the old college try". I’m pretty sure that, from him, that meant we were gonna end up with a section. I was only a fingertip and 50% effaced and at -3.

Tuesday I woke up sick as a dog. I’d forgotten to take my Pepcid before bed and was paying for it (plus nerves, I’m sure). I threw up about 4 times before we left for the hospital. Ugh! Finally,, we came to the hospital at 4:30, went to admitting, were there for ages… Blah blah blah! They got me up and in a L&D room by 5:00am. The nurse was great. I told her my reflux was making me completely ill, so she gave me a cupful of the NASTIEST stuff ever. But, it neutralized the acid and let me get on with it!

Of course, we came right as nurses were changing shifts… I ended up with a pitbull of a nurse named “Cricket”. She is my hero. Without her, I know I woulda ended up with a section. But, I’m getting ahead of myself. She checked me and labeled me 2cm and 80% effaced and at station –1. She said we were gonna have our baby vaginally and no sweat (she later admitted that she really thought there was no WAY this kid was coming through that opening). She started me on the Pitocin at 5:35am.

I did good. By 9:00am, I was the 4cm which they require to start your epidural. That went off without a hitch and I am sorry (not really) to say that I missed the majority of labor… I couldn’t feel massive contractions until around 1:00, even though the monitor showed ‘em. That’s when my back labor started. OUCH. I couldn’t feel anything, really, except that my back was ACHING (Hats off to you ladies who do it med free!). Aaron rubbed it for me until I started pushing (and then again in between pushes) until Cricket got Ainsley kinda half turned (she got her to face 2:00 if that makes any sense).

The doctor came and they kicked everyone except Aaron out and hard labor started at 1:20pm or so. I pushed and push and tried and tried, but… I couldn’t feel a thing. LOL So, all in all, not incredibly effective. My epidural meds ran out 20 minutes before Ainsley was born. I probably would’ve had her sooner had they ran out sooner. Or I would’ve flat out broken down and begged for a section. Cricket was a drill sergeant and yelled and threatened and did anything else she could think of to make me have that baby. She said, “PUSH, Melissa!” I snapped, “I AM!” and she told me to shut up, quit talking back and just push, dang it. * chuckles * She was exactly what I needed! Need to send that woman flowers or something, come to think of it!

My little love bug was born at 4:37 pm, April 24 and weighed a big ol' 8 pounds 14 ounces at birth and was 19ľ inches long. She is absolutely PERFECT!

Daddy with Ainsley :

Mommy, Daddy, and Ainsley :

Our little cuddle bug :

</div>
April 28th, 2007, 08:17 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is gorgeous! Congratulations...you did it!!!
April 29th, 2007, 05:56 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again!! She's adorable! Glad you had such a good nurse to keep you going!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM
SimplySara05
what a great birth story!! thank you for sharing

and again, she's absolutely beautiful and now you just get to enjoy her!
April 29th, 2007, 11:48 AM
nat81
What a cutie! Congrats again Melissa!
April 30th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Congrats!!

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

April 30th, 2007, 09:12 AM
sharon81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sharon81
awww congrats she is a cutie pie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search