The twinkies birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2007, 06:53 AM
lucigets2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On April the 18th at 34weeks and 6days I went for a growth u/s. On the way to the dr. I stopped at Burger King and had breakfast ( always eat before a doctors appointment, I will tell you why later in the story). Well I started this morning with a headache from lack of sleep and then I got heartburn from breakfast, so it was a normal morning for being 8 months pregnant with twins. We got into the u/s at about 9:45 and the tech started measuring the babys. Ruby was measureing 6lbs 4ozs and Rose was 4lbs 7ozs. We didn't get upset because we knew their was a big difference in them. The tech took a lot of extra time checking out Rose's cord blood but we still weren't worried. We had a very good tech, she took pics and she took the time at the end to show us the pics. The tech told us she was gonna go let the dr know what sizes the babys was because he might want to talk to us. My dr. was in surgery, so we knew it might take awhile to get ahold of him. Bob and I was just sitting in the u/s room talking about how we would probably have babies the next week and that was cool, and how as soon as we got out of this little room we were going to lunch. It took the tech about 15mins to come back, but we were still not concerned. Finally she comes back with the OB nurse and the OB nurse says, "well, happy birth day" Ok now I am concerned. The Ob nurse says to report down in L&D it is time to have babies. I totally and completly panic. I asked to go home and get my bag, and they told me no, they said I couldn't even go to the parking lot. Well, I was hysterical so I went to the parking lot and cryed and called my mom and told her it was time but I wasn't ready. She laughed at me and asked what I was waiting on. I called Tommy and Kaitlyn at school and let them know that it was finally time. When she put it that away, I figured she was right there wasn't anything left to do but have babies, so I went and checked into l&d.

In l&d they hooked me up to the monitors to watch the babies heartbeat and decided if I needed the c/s fast or if it could wait for my dr to get out of surgery. Because I had eaten breakfast at 9am they really wanted to wait the six hours if they could. The nurse said it was a good thing that I had eaten, because a lot of people don't eat, and they might be waiting half the night to go into surgery. And they get very hungry. Well the girls were doing fine so I got to wait for my doctor. At 1 pm the dr came into the room and told me that Rose's cordblood was running backward and if they didn't deleiver I would lose Rose. This kicked my butt in gear and I was like you better hurry and get them out. So I got a spinal block and away we went. The operating room was kinda scary and being preped was unerving, but once they let Bob in I felt alot better. I guess they cut me but all I felt was alot of pulling and tugging and it didn't hurt at all. Bob kept asking if I could feel anything and I couldn't. After a couple of minutes of tugging the dr says there is baby A (Ruby) and I was waiting to hear her cry. Which she finally did. and exactly one minute later little Rose was born and she cryed immediatly. Within just a few minutes the doctor handed Ruby to Bob and he put her where I could see her, My first words were " she is so tiny", Bob says wait until you see Rose. When they showed me Rose I started crying her head looked about the size of a tennis ball. But both babies were doing great and Bob got to carry them to NICU.

I got sewed up and 45 mins from start to finish I was on my way to recovery. Recovery was very hot and they kept putting warmed blankets on me. The nurse also kept kneading my stomach which wasn't very pleasant. I also started itching mainly my nose. I was in recovery for 1 hour and then I went to my room. When I got to the room my mom came in and Tommy and Kaitlyn. The nursery called to see if I was in my room because apparently my mild mannered man was driving the nurses to distraction. So they sent him to my room. I wasn't suppose to get to eat solid food, but they brought me a dinner tray at 5 and my nice nurse let me eat. They told me that at about 8 I could go to the NICU and see my babies so I sent Bob home to get my bag and to get things settled at home and when he got back we would go see our babies.

At 8:30pm I got in the little wheel chair and went to see my little body partners of the last 8 months. Both girls were hooked up to alot of monitors and Rose had a feeding tube and Ruby had an IV. Ruby was having problems breathing to fast. But I was able to hold Ruby, and guess what I did? I am finally holding this beautiful little girl, and I got sick and threw up right there in front of everyone. (maybe I shouldn't eaten dinner). Anyway this gets me sent back to my room. I got medicine for being nausous and benadryl for the itching that I am still having. By Thursday morning Ruby's breathing was fine, which is a good thing because she has done pulled out her IV, and by Thursday afternoon we were working on getting Rose to suck. We went to the nursery every 3 hours from Thursday until Saturday morning and by Saturday Rose had figured that bottle out. On Saturday morning the girls joined us in our room with the promise that if they didn't lose weight that they could go home on Sunday.

On Sunday morning at 6:30am the pediatrician release the girls, but we had to wait on the nurses to get everything together. We finally got on our way home about 10:30am. I have been very weak, alot weaker than I first thought. I have been taking alot of vitamins and am finally feeling better. I will always have to say that the twinkies definatly whopped moms booty. And it is very worth it. My only regret with my twins birth was that I couldn't let my DDc know what was going on. I thought about everyone here wondering what had happened to me and I felt really bad. I am very thankful to Susan for chasing me down.

May 4th, 2007, 07:08 AM
kimberkin's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww how sweet of a story!! Thanks Luci!!! That is definately one the girls are going to love to hear over and over!!! I am glad you are finally feeling better.

May 4th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
good story luci! thanks for sharing!

May 4th, 2007, 07:16 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Aww thats beautiful Luci!! Other than a few minor hysterics it sounds like their birth was very uneventful. Well you know what I mean I am very glad that you are doing better though. Probably starting to feel like your old, nonpregnant self again. Thats wonderful!!
I bet you are glad you ate, I cant imagine waiting all that time to go to surgery on an empty stomach Dont think I could hang with that!!

May 4th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
great story!
May 4th, 2007, 08:12 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Luci, that is a wonderful story. I'm so happy that both of your little girls made it into this word. They really are beautiful and so lucky to have you as their mother.

I'm glad that I found you too! There were a few of us trying to track you down. I think we should get together and form our own detective agency. We were all worried and just wanted to make sure that you and those babies were okay.

May 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm glad that I found you too! There were a few of us trying to track you down. I think we should get together and form our own detective agency. We were all worried and just wanted to make sure that you and those babies were okay.[/b]
I agree...The Mommies Detective Agency at your service.

Thanks for sharing your story Luci. Also, thanks for the tip about eating before doctor's visits. I never thought about that. I will always have food in my stomach from here on out, so help me God. They do NOT want to see how I act if I am starving.

It was really a beautiful birth story Luci, and I am glad that everything went well.
May 4th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Cristie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad both of your little ones were born healthy. It sounds like your Dr. knew what he was talking about.
May 4th, 2007, 11:16 AM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing Luci. I'm so glad your girls are here safe and healthy!

TTC #3 since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

May 4th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Beautiful story. I'm glad that the twinkies are doing so well!

Congrats to you and your family Luci!

May 4th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Veteran
Great story! Congrats to you all and how exciting that they were able to BOTH come home with you and no long NICU stay. Great job growing those two little ones!

Ashley
May 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
What a great story! That must have been a big surprise when they told you that it was time.

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

May 4th, 2007, 05:47 PM
stevie_momto5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww..Luci!! ((((HUGS)))) that IS a GREAT story!! i'm sooo glad that we've all had the chance to get to know each other..and you've always been the life of the party with all your funnies!!

i'm just soo looking forward to all of us being together in our playroom!! CONGRATS again on those 2 beautiful girls..you did an amazing job & Bob too..lol!!

May 4th, 2007, 10:17 PM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
Thanks for sharing your story Luci it was fun to read! I'm so looking forward to hearing more from all of these ladies!

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
May 4th, 2007, 10:43 PM
trivos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing your story! I'm so glad that everything seemed to go so smoothly. Congrats on your two beautiful girls!
May 7th, 2007, 08:01 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a sweet story!! I'm so happy it had such a happy ending!

May 20th, 2007, 12:35 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
You know I want to thank you for posting that story, because hearing you talk about the recovery room relaxes me. I've been terrfied of what will happen if I end up needing a c-section (someday...be it this pregnancy or another). I just have a weird fear of stitches (just one of those weird phobia things!). So I've always said I don't think I could handle being awake for a c-section. But I remember how horrible it was in the recovery room after I woke up from my apendectamy, and hearing you talk about the recovery room made me think, "Maybe it would be better to be awake." Which comforts me, cuz I'd want to see my baby. So thank you! And glad you got your girls!!! Can't wait to have my boy!

September 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little ones!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search