Emily Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2007, 10:53 AM
glittery03
I posted my story in the main forum but ile stick it in here too

I went into hospital on tuesday 1st to be induced as they had estimated i would have a big baby. I was given prostaglandin at around 10.30pm and sat back to wait for something to happen. Naively i presumed this would be a matter of a couple of hours and i would be in labour.

I had no sleep that night due to a mixture of analysing every movement or twinge in my stomach, the person opposite me snoring and the person to the left of me talking on the phone.

Next day i had another two courses of the prostaglandin and again nothing happened. Ime left feeling disheartened and like why wont my baby come out??

Then 2am thursday morning i was desperate for the toilet and as soon as i sat down WHOOOOOOSH!! My waters had broken!!! Lucky i was on the toilet to catch it all I went back to my bed when i figured they had stopped and called the nurse......more waters were set free!! I was mortified!! I had to sit there like a useless lump whilst the nurse changed my bed and gave me knitted knickers and pads to wear

Again another sleepless night of mild contractions and anticipation. Friday morning and waiting for bf to arrive at hospital (he has been there everyday 9am - 8pm since i went in) as ime convinced ime about to have a baby any second He gets stuck in a traffic jam on the way to hospital due to some guy trying to jump off a bridge onto oncoming traffic

Eventually he gets here and i am taken down to delivery suite where i am put on a drip to help induce labour. Eventually my contractions were getting stronger and i was in alot of pain!! I was given gas and air which didnt help in the slightest and was told the anaethetist wouldnt be here for another 20mins to give me an epidural as he was in theatre

Soon i felt like i needed to push and there was no time for the epidural as baby was on her way!!

Baby Emily was born at 5.32pm on May 5th weighing 8lb 60z after 5hrs of labour and is absoloutley gorgeous!

Literally 2mins after she was born i threw up....oh the humiliation of giving birth

I had to go into theatre afterwards as my placenta wouldnt come out and i had to have a manual removal which was the weirdest sensation in the world as i had an injection in my back to numb me from the waist down so couldnt feel my legs or move them at all. Was hooked upto all different monitors and drips etc and was in there 5hrs too had sticthes too as had quite a bad tear and lost alot of blood.

However i was able to go home the next day and all is great!

May 14th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Alaynna
Thank you for sharing your story!! Congrats again on baby Emily She is soo adorable
May 18th, 2007, 02:03 PM
zoey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your birthstory. Sorry to hear about the placenta. OUCH!
June 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
congrats Marie!!!!! she is beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search