Hayden Lucas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Copied from my My Space blog ...

On Saturday morning I woke with some severe stomach pain ... It almost felt like my entire stomach was bruised from the inside out ... I tried to deal with it the best I could, but by the end of the day, every little bump in the road was agony, and I was in tears. I passed it off as another part of the pre-term labor.

On Sunday, Mother's Day, we went shopping in the morning, and I began to have a lot of trouble walking, from the pressure and pain of Hayden's head in my cervical area. We went out to lunch with my parents, and when we got home, I sat around on the couch, due to the pressure. By the evening, I was taking multiple baths to try and get the contractions to ease up and the pain to lessen.

Around 6:15, I was in the bath once again, when Hayden suddenly started flailing about in my belly, so I stood up, and felt a gush. I monitored it for several hours, because I would only get the gushing when he would move his head ... So I was unsure if my water had broken or not. At 9:00, we headed to L&D.

Once again, I was monitored for contractions and fetal activity, and they did yet another FFN and ferning, which came back negative. The on-call doctor wanted them to put an IV in me to hydrate me, as I was a bit dehydrated, and my contractions were coming every 2 minutes, and fairly strong. The nurse blew my vein in my right arm, so I asked if they could allow me to drink the liquids ... She agreed, said she would come back in an hour to check me again, and then probably send me home. The contractions - which I have grown used to, dealing with them for two months straight - kept on coming, growing more strong ... And when she came back to check me, she found that in just a matter of one hour, I had dilated from a 3 cm to a 5 cm! They moved me from triage to a delivery room, and I was admitted!

From midnight, when they had found me to be at a 5, to 3:00 a.m. ... I dilated all the way to an 8 cm. Nathan and I walked the halls to get Hayden to stop floating and move back into engagement ... And by the time I hit 8 cm, I decided to ask for the epidural, because the baby's position was causing some pretty severe back labor. The nurse was impressed I had made it to an 8 cm without any pain medication at all ... I told her that after all those weeks of PTL, the contractions were nothing to me ...

Once I hit 9 cm and fully thinned out, I got stuck there for a couple hours. The nurses switched shifts, and we had to wait for my doctor to get there around 8:00 before he could break my water, and at that point, Hayden slipped all the way down ... Unlike the first birth, I only pushed for ten minutes, and despite my contractions completely quitting, and me pushing with NO HELP and nothing but oxygen to help me breathe through the pushing... Out came our beautiful boy ...

Hayden Lucas Robinson was born May 14th, 2007 at 8:36 a.m. ... 6 lbs 2 oz, 19 inches in length.
He was born at 35.4 weeks ... Our little preemie.

The doctor found, once I delivered the placenta, that the reason for the pain I had felt in my stomach was that my placenta had ripped away, and after it detached itself, it formed a huge blood clot ... Then it was just a matter of time before the contractions were going to push Hayden out.

Hayden was born with very few complications ... He cried when he came out, he pinked up real nice, and he was a good weight for his gestation. However, he is having trouble with his breathing, and was moved from the transition nursery to the NICU where he is on IV's and CPAP now. The doctor is monitoring him to see if he will need to intubate him ... It's all play by ear at this point, and we don't know when he will be coming home.

Obviously, I am heartbroken that my baby boy is in the NICU and needing help to breathe ...
Updates as they come. Please pray for our little man.

Please forgive the awful photo of me ... This was taken moments after delivery, I was bawling my eyes out and trying to smile.

In the NICU, on CPAP. He is so beautiful, I am completely in love and cannot wait to bring him home.

Before he was moved from the transition nursery to NICU ... Stretched out in all those tubes.

A day old.
May 15th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Super Mommy
Awww! Congrats! Look at his cute little bum. What a crazy story, but you seemed to have handled it like a champ. And little Hayden, too! I hope you get to take him home soon...
May 15th, 2007, 12:45 AM
yammie
he is so beautiful.. he's great size for his gestation.. hopefully it wont be too long before hes home and he is in my prayers. Congrats on your new beautiful son! Two may babies not even a year apart that is amazing
May 15th, 2007, 12:49 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Awww ill be thinking of him i hope he gets to come home very soon. Well done to you for going that far without pain relief!

He is such an adorable little man!

May 15th, 2007, 01:06 AM
giorgia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to giorgia
awwww he is so adorable!!!!!!!!! Look at his lil mouth! I really hope you get to bring him home very soon!!!!

Thank you very much KatarinA for my siggy!!!

May 15th, 2007, 04:14 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, he's beautiful!! He looks like you Annie! I'm glad he's doing well, I hope his breathing catches up with the rest of him. He's a great size to be that eary! I can't wait to hear you get to bring him home!

May 15th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's sooo cute! I hope he gets to come home very soon!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

May 15th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww i hope its not too long before you get to bring him home with you. Hes a cutie.

May 15th, 2007, 05:46 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he's sooo cute. I hate seeing such tiny innocent babies with all that stuff attatched. I hope he comes home soon.
May 15th, 2007, 05:47 AM
lucigets2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a little cutie, I hope he gets to come home quickly. Try not to worry premmies are a spunky little bunch.

May 15th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He's beautiful. I'm impressed at his size. Congratulations. No need to apologize for that pic. I think you look beautiful.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
May 15th, 2007, 06:34 AM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
You can't hide natural beauty even with childbirth or tears! You look great hun! And your little munchkin is so adorable!

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
May 15th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Annie, what a great story, and I agree with the others that you look beautiful!

My thoughts and prayers are with you that he is able to come home soon!
May 15th, 2007, 07:42 AM
trivos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I will be praying that he can come home soon.
May 15th, 2007, 07:46 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Absolutely beautiful!!!! He is gorgeous, and I agree I think you look fantastic! I hope your little Hayden gets to come home real soon, Ill keep him and you in my prayers! Congratulations!!

May 15th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Super Mommy
He's absolutely beautiful!!! I'm praying that he gets to come home real soon and have all those tubes taken off of him!!! And your pic is georgous, I hope I look that good after labor!!!

May 15th, 2007, 09:37 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is such a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations! I will keep him in my prayers that he gets to come home soon.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

May 15th, 2007, 10:05 AM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! He's adorable and I hope he's able to go home with you guys soon. I'll keep him in my prayers though. Rest up and he'll be home with you guys in no time!

TTC our 3rd and last baby since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

May 15th, 2007, 10:43 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I think you and Hayden both look wonderful! Congratulations! I hope he gets the hang of breathing well soon so that you can bring him home. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers to you both!

May 15th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You look great for just having a baby. I hope that I am that fortunate. I hope that Hayden makes a quick bounce back and gets to come home soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search