Paige Belles birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2007, 09:55 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ON wednesday the 16, Dr. Walker checked me and I was 2 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I noticed after being checked that on Thursday and friday my braxton hicks were getting much more frequent and harder, I was also losing bits of my mucous plug. Saturday we were busy all day with the girls shows and I was on my feet alot. That night my dh and I DTD and I contracted from about 12 midnight to 3 AM and then they just stopped.

On to Sunday I thought my mom and I were going out to lunch for mothers day but really she was throwing me a surprise baby "sprinkle" so I went to that at 2 in the afternoon it was fun! I got lots of cute girly stuff. I got home @ 4:00 and about an hour or so later when I went to the bathroom I had bloody show. I started contracting consistently @9:00 and I called my mom to come over towatch the kids @11:30. I got to the hospital @ midnight. I had the same nurse that helped with Johns delivery so that was really cool. I was really disappointed b/c my dr. wasnt on call it was a different dr. from another practice.
so they got me into the triage room and determned yes I was in labor I was 6-7 cm dilated. They rushed me over to my labor room so they could get my IV started and get my epidural going since I have a tendency to dilate fast. Well the dr. came in and announced she doesnt do VBACs , I very calmly said ok well thats fine but I am NOT having a c section. She precedes to tell me all the things that could go wrong, which I already know b/c I have already had 2 vbacs. She said she was going to go and try to get Dr.walker there. When she left the nurse said dont worry about it you wont have to have a c section and she winked at me. At the time I didnt know why she winked at me but Ifigured out later that she and her charge nurse did everything they could to make sure I would have a vaginal delivery. While Iwas waiting for my epidural I had some other pain killer b/c my contractions were right on top of each other and I was hurting. That drug was awesome!! I got my epidural and then kinda n apped in b/t them checking me and stuff. The nurse "accidentally" broke my water b/c my labor stalled for about 30 minutes. No sooner did that happen they said I was 10 and ready to push, I pushed about 3 times and Paige was born 5 pounds 9 ounces and 17 inches long .I tore where I had my episotomy with John so I had to get a few stitches.

I never saw the other dr. the whole time except for delivery and after she stitched me up she left and did not come back. I did speak to my dr. the next morning about all that. He apologized and said that he was under the understanding that they did do VBACS and he was gonna have to speak to them. When I go for my 6 week checkup I am gonna make sure that he talked to htem b/c that wasnt cool.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
May 31st, 2007, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for the VBAC and the nurses, that is wonderful!!! I am thrilled for you!
May 31st, 2007, 10:57 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Ha thats funny, I LOVE it. Just goes to show ya whose actually running the show!!! thats fantastic that your nurses were so great, I am glad everything went so well and that you got your VBAC inspite of the Doc!! Congrats!!

May 31st, 2007, 11:07 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
Congrats!!! glad you were able to have VBAC, that is really great!

May 31st, 2007, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the sucessful VBAC. I wish that more docs and hospitals were more supportive of this. I have had to fight my doctor the whole way, and he has finally given in. I win hahahahaha. Can't wait to see some pics of the baby. I am so glad that you got those great nurses too.
May 31st, 2007, 09:34 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That's great that you had such wonderful and supportive nurses. So much for the Dr not doing a VBAC huh? I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted. Congrats again!

May 31st, 2007, 09:36 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How come everybody gets this bloody show and then goes right into labor, but I get it with my daughter and go into labor 4 days later, and this time I'm sitting at 2 days later and no labor?

June 2nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you got to have your VBAC like you wanted. It is wonderful that things went great.
Congratulations!!!!

June 10th, 2007, 05:29 AM
yammie
We need pics of your tiny little Gal! Congrats on your healthy little peanut!
September 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search