Jonah Elias' birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Induced at 38 weeks
Born May 30th, 2007 @ 9:05pm
1 hour 35 minutes from the start of regular painful contractions to birth
Drug free
Baby boy
5lbs 1.6oz, 17.5 inches

I got to the hospital around 12:30pm, got hooked up to the monitors for 20 minutes while we waited for the doctor on-call to come talk to us. She came in, we discussed that at this point it was better to take the baby out so he could grow than to leave him in. We got into a room and had cervadil inserted a little after 1pm.. I wasn't dilated and cervix was still thick. They monitored me for an hour then let us do whatever we wanted and wandered around, but had to be back every 4 hours for a 20 minute NST. At 6pm, we went back for monitoring.. I was having some contractions but none that bothered me too much. By 7:30pm, I was having regular strong contractions every 5 minutes or so. By 8:15pm, they were incredibly painful and the nurse hooked me back up to the monitors. Contractions were 2 minutes apart and she thought labor was starting to just pick up. She decided to check me at 8:45pm just when the doctor walked in to see how things were going. The nurse couldn't tell how dilated I was, but was shocked to feel the bulging membranes right there. The doctor checked me, said I was 6cm and I had a contraction while he was checking.. went straight to 8cm. They rushed to get everything ready and my doctor walked out the door to see if there was an anesthesiologist avaliable to do an epideral in case I wanted one. As soon as he walked out, I had a contraction and felt the urge to push. I told the nurse that I had to push and while one of the nurses was just starting to check to see if I was completely dilated, I couldn't help it and pushed.. my water exploded across the room lol The doctor came running back in and 3 pushes later, my beautiful baby boy was out. Vic got to cut the cord, which was super exciting since he didn't get to with Hannah and they put the baby on my belly after he was out. There was actually a moment where I was terrified there was something wrong with my little man. They took him over to the warmer to check him out and I saw a respiratory therapist bagging him and doing a couple of chest compressions. I was so relieved when he started crying. I just couldn't stop staring at him.. he's just so perfect. I had 3 small tears that the doctor stitched up. It was an amazing experience.. even without pain medications. They kept us an extra day to keep an eye on his weight and blood sugar levels since he was small for gestational age, but we're finally home today. He came home weighing 4lbs 13oz and he's such a content little baby.

TTC #3 since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

June 1st, 2007, 06:53 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
What a wonderful story!! Sounds like you had a very easy labor!! So quick!! thats wonderful!! i am glad that everything turned out so wonderfully!! Congrats on a beautiful baby boy!!!!

June 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That's great that things ended up moving along so quickly! I'm glad that you are both home and doing well! Congratulations!

June 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
yammie
I am so happy for you! When you told us that day it seemed so scary. But turns out he's a perfectly healthy little guy I think he looks like your hubby. I can't wait to see more pics of him! Congrats to your family
June 2nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
good story, congrats again!!!

June 2nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear things went so well. He is a small boy and it is wonderful that you are able to be home with him.

Congrats and thank you for sharing your story.

June 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Wow so quick there at the end! The worst part was the quickest...that's lucky!!! Hope you two are doing great!!!

June 5th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!!
June 5th, 2007, 09:49 AM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
WOW!! What a great and easy birth!!!

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

June 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Hart_N_Sole
WOW! Great birth!!! Congrats to your family!!!
September 11th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search