Benjamin Nicolas 6/2/07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2007, 07:48 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I went out to dinner with my inlaws on Friday night and started feeling a little bit of cramping in my lower back. I figured it was just from being uncomfortable sitting at the table. We came home and I was practically begging Jeremy to let me go try EPO or something to try to get things moving. Around 10:30 I went to the bathroom to pee. I stood up and pulled my pants back up and felt a strange little pop and then a very small gush of fluid. I wasn't sure if my water had broken or if I had just peed a little more.

Within a few minutes I started feeling contractions so I was pretty sure my water had broken and labor was getting started. Jeremy decided to go to bed and told me to wake him up if I needed anything or if the pain got worse. He didn't get to sleep for long. I decided to take a shower to relax (plus if it was labor I didn't want to go in with hairy legs!).

I had 2 contractions that were about 8 minutes apart and then they went immediately to 5 minutes. It isn't easy to shave your legs while having contractions by the way! By the time I got out of the shower I was in quite a bit of pain. I woke DH and told him I was calling the Dr. The Dr said go to the hospital so DH loaded up the car and off we went.

By the time we got into the car my contractions were about 2 minutes apart! I was scared because it was happening so fast! We got the hospital and they got me all hooked up. The test showed my water had broken and the monitor showed contractions that ranged from 1 1/2-2 minutes apart. Not long after that my body started shaking uncontrollably. My mom got to the hospital and was upset because I was shaking so much. They told her it was normal.

They checked me when I first got there and I was about 3 cm. An hour later I was 5 and they finally gave me some pain meds in my IV. They helped a little at first but made me feel more silly and out of it than anything. Then the contractions started coming on so fast and strong that I felt sick (I didn't puke though). My body was shaking violently which scared me.

I went from 5 cm to 8 cm very quickly so they rushed to get the epidural in. That was actually one of the worst parts. My contractions were one on top of another with NO break in between. I was begging for a break! They tried to put in the epidural and the first one got kinked so they had to redo it. The worst part was that from bending forward and being in so much pain I almost passed out. I remember actually feeling like I was about to pass out and fighting against it. I remember DH telling them "I think she's going to faint!" They finally the line in and I got some immediate relief.

The Dr came back in at 6:40 am and said I'll have the baby out by 7:00. Ben's heart rate was dipping very low with every contraction so they wanted him out. They had me start pushing and that's when I really started getting ticked off. The nurse was telling me to push harder and I wanted to kick her! The Dr kept telling me I was doing really well so I ignored the stupid nurse!

I was amazed at what it felt like. I'm not going to lie and say it didn't hurt because it was such and intense pain and pressure that I though my butt was going to explode! Finally, the Dr said to hold on and he cut me, reached in and grabbed Ben. It was so weird when he popped out. It was like this tremendous relief of pressure.

DH cut the cord and they laid Ben on my stomach but all I could see was the top of his head. They took him over to clean him up and check him out. I kept begging to see his face. Finally, one of the nurses wrapped him up and brought him to me. They delivered the placenta and stitched me up (ouch). After all of that was done they let me hold him and breast feed right away. I could hardly see him through all of my tears.

After about an hour we moved to a regular room. I got to keep him with me most of the time. The pediatrician came and they originally thought he had an undescended testicle but we found out on Monday that everything is ok.

I actually enjoyed my hospital stay. The nurses were wonderful and I was so in love with my new little man that I was floating on air. I almost didn't want to come home.

Jeremy and I are enjoying getting to know this new little person in our lives. We both want to hold him and look at him all of the time.

I'm still not ready to say I'd go through it again but I'm glad that I did it! It is absolutely amazing!

Benjamin Nicolas
7 lbs 15 oz 20 inches
June 2, 2007 6:58 a.m.

June 5th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a great story!
June 5th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great story. i can relate to so much of that. (except mine was induced and didnt go THAT fast) B)

Im glad everything went ok for you and youve got your beautiful baby now! Congrats.

June 5th, 2007, 01:43 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Wow Susan, it sounds like you had darn near close to a perfect birth experience. Minus the spinal. I am glad that it went so fast for you. What a beautiful story and a beautiful little boy you got out of it!! he is just beautiful!! congratulations!!!!!!

June 5th, 2007, 10:13 PM
trivos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad that you had a pretty quick labor. Especially for this being your first. He is so adorable! Congratulations again! Thank you for sharing your story with us.
June 6th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Awww, you're making me so excited!! I can't wait to get to hold my own. And you KNOW I'm going to be crying up a storm! lol.

It's a beautiful story, and a beautiful baby. Congratulations.

June 6th, 2007, 08:18 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Susan i gotta tell you, you are one of the best story tellers..I am sitting here wanting to know 'what else' 'what next' lol. I remember feeling sick in labor with Jayda and I DID puke, i hate puking! Great birth story!

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

June 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Hooray for a quick labor! And congrats on your little man!
June 7th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great story! I must be hormonal. I'm catching up on all the posts today and I keep getting teary-eyed!

I'm amazed at how quickly you progressed once your water broke. I know it had to scare you, but how great to go so fast. Benjamin must have been as frustrated as Mommy and was ready to get it all over with. He heard you begging for EPO and decided he needed to be Mommy's hero and put her out of her misery.

Congratulations, Susan. I can't wait to join you in Mommyhood!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
June 10th, 2007, 04:27 AM
yammie
Susan he is such a cutie!!! I can see so much of you and dh in him. We need more pics!!! I'm glad you didn't have to go over due.. I am hoping like you I'll go real soon 39 weeks today!
June 10th, 2007, 04:14 PM
stevie_momto5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yay..what an awesome first labor girl!! good job momma!! & CONGRATS on your new little man!!

September 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search