Jordan Marisa birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Slept great the night before, woke up at 4:15am, took a shower, contacts in, a little make-up on and hair done, we were at the hospital at 5:30. They hooked me up to everything and my SIL who met us there was watching the monitor and said... How are those contractions feeling? Umm, well, I think they're just BH's so whatever... She said, well they are pretty strong on the monitor and coming exactly every 5 minutes. Kinda funny how I go into labor on the day of my C/S. Anesthesiologist came in, introduced himself and he was super nice, Dr. came in and was awesome and everything got going. As I was being wheeled into surgery, my family was trying to talk to me and the Dr. too and I had a contraction so bad I couldn't even answer them. Probably why I felt so lousy the past few days before...

So went into surgery, and my friend from my bible study who is a nurse and was on duty that morning came over and held my hand and talked to me for a minute and that calmed me down sooo much. They put in the Spinal which hurt a bit but the nurse pushed my face into her chest and had a strong hold on me and she was really supportive. Legs got all hot and numb, I layed back and off they went. They even got started exactly on time. By 7:41am, Jordan was out. It felt like someone had been standing on my gut and jumped off suddenly. Felt like a relief. The Dr. raised her little head over the drape so I could see her and I couldn't believe how cute she was and how much she looked like her brother.

DH had been at my head the whole time but they told him to get up and watch as the Dr. pulled her out which he said was totally awesome. I told him he could go help them get her cleaned up and they let him cut the cord and he loved that.

Then, DH brought her over to me and I got to see her and kiss her little head. So warm and cute. They took her with DH to the nursery to clean her up and get her warmed up and proceeded to tie my tubes and stitch me back up.
When they finished about 45min. later, they wheeled me into the recovery room and I was the only person in there and felt totally fine so the nurse started raising up the bed and then DH and my Dr. came in with baby and I got to nurse her and hold her. SO awesome.

Got some great visitors and had a great first day. Got home Friday around noon and went down hill from there . Got super bloated and swelled up like a balloon and was in a ton of pain, thank goodness for Percocet. Feeling better everyday and baby is great.

We are blessed and SOOO in love and happy.

Jordan Marisa
May 30th
8lbs. 1oz.
20" long
<div align="center"></div>
June 6th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Congratulations on Jordan's arrival!
June 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
trivos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulation!!! It sounds like everything went smoothly! Have you posted pictures yet?
June 6th, 2007, 07:46 PM
meanboys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love all the new pics in your siggie! You and the kids are beautiful!
I hope you're feeling better by now!
June 6th, 2007, 07:48 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That's great that everything went so well! I hope her big brother is doing well with her. I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful family!

June 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Im glad everything went so well!! Congrats on a beautiful experience and baby!!!

June 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations on your beautiful little girl. It sounds like the experience was as seamless as can be expected. Sorry you ended up feeling bad later. I know I have never had a c-section but some pretty painful vaginal deliveries and I LOVE percoset. I would ration that stuff so I could have one every evening about the time I thought I couldn't take it anymore. Sort of ironic about the contractions I have heard quite a few people say that about labor starting the day of a c-section, better than the day before and end up having to rush in!
Amelia Kate born July 3rd at 9:09 am
8 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches long
June 10th, 2007, 04:22 AM
yammie
She is such a pretty little thing! How much did Owen weigh when he was born? Imagine she had gone to 40 weeks! Congrats on your beautiful daughter and complete family. Enjoy those tied tubes
June 10th, 2007, 03:59 PM
stevie_momto5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a good birth story..i'm glad it went much smoother than your last c-section..even with the painful bloating (i know how you felt..ugh)!! that is crazy about you being in labor on your c-section date..because i was too!! lol i'll go into it in more detail, when i get around to writing my birth story
anyhoo..CONGRATS..Jordan is beautiful!!

June 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Owen weighed 7.13 and he was 6 days late AND i gained 14lbs. more. Jordan would have been big as a house had I gone overdue with her. I can sure make some big 'ol kiddos!

Can't wait to hear some of all of your birth stories!!!!!!!!
September 11th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search