Lorelei Claire's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM
ashtree06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, as most of you know, I had been having high BP throughout the last trimester. I went in for a BP check Friday June 1st and it was once again elevated and I had started seeing spots. I was sent over to L&D thinking I would be going home in a couple of hours as usual. The Dr came in about 1 and said she wanted to induce because I had low blood platelets, elevated liver enzymes, and protien in my urine. DH and I asked if there was anyway we could hold off on that and if there were any more options. She told me she'd keep me overnight for observation and we'd go from there. She was supposed to come in the next morning but didnt show up until 2 that afternoon. She said I really hadnt made any improvements and it would be best for me and the baby to induce because I was developing Pregnancy induced hypertension and possibly HELLP syndrome. We decided we would go ahead with it.

Around 6 pm on Sat. evening, they put the pill in my cervix to begin the softening. After one pill, it was soft enough to start the pitocin and they started that and a huge bag of magnesium for the PIH. Well, the pitocin wasnt so bad, but the magnesium made me feel awful. Everything was blurry, I vomited several times, and slept through almost all of it. Finally the Dr came back in on Sunday morning to break my water around 10 am. After that the contractions came on very hard and heavy. And I broke down and asked for the epidural. The anesthesiologist came in and was able to get it in and working in one try, but she had to come in several times to up the dose throughout the labor. The nurse checked me around 12, I was still a 3. Around 5 I had progressed to a 6.

Around 6 pm, the nurse came in and I was fully dialated. I was shocked. So they came in and began getting the room ready. They told me they were going to have me practice push for awhile until I got the hang of it and then they'd call the Dr in. After two practice pushes the nurse told me to stop, because I was pushing so well she knew the baby would be here quickly. She called the Dr. and about 10 minutes later the Dr came in to assess me. She just said, "Everything looks good, and walked back out." We later found out that she spent my labor chatting at the nurses station.

The nurse let me know I would need an episiotomy because the baby was big and coming fast. I pushed through maybe 15 contractions, when the nurse said the head was coming. She paged the Doctor again and she ran in just in time to see her head crown. As soon as she crowned they told me to stop pushing. I stopped, but Lorelei had other plans. All I heard was, "Shes crawling her way out!" And there she was!

Lorelei Claire was born at 8:10 pm on June 3rd, 2007. She was perfect, even though she was only 36wks and 6 days.

The Doctor sewed up my 2nd degree tear, the whole time ignoring all questions I had and gossiping with the nurse about other nurses that worked for another doctor. And then she left without saying anything to me. I wouldnt have torn so bad, if she had been there the entire time assessing the situation. I really should have listened to you guys earlier when you suggested I get another doctor. And I recommend that anyone who has a bad feeling about their doctor during pregnancy do so. However, even with my experience with the doctor, the nursing staff completely made up for it. They were on the ball the entire time, encouraging me and helping in any way they could. I really had a wonderful birth experience despite the doctor.

June 6th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Super congratulations to you. I am So glad you had awesome nurses and sounds like a pretty great experience, minus the gossipy Dr. Sorry about that but I am so happy you found the positive in it all.
Lorelei is BEAUTIFUL!!!
<div align="center"></div>
June 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Well I'm glad that everything ended up being ok. I know it must have been scary to have all of that going on. Lorelei is beautiful! I'm sorry you had such a crummy Dr. I think having a good Dr can make all of the difference. I felt much better when mine was in the room because he was so encouraging and supportive.

Congratulations again!

June 6th, 2007, 08:42 PM
meanboys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the cruddy doc, but you got a great baby out of the deal!! CONGRATS!
June 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Aww Ash, Im so glad everything went good for you. You had a rough start, but in the end it sounds like things were great. Minus the crappy Doc, Id be pissed off too. What a jerk!!! Not cool not cool at all!!
Congrats on your beautiful little angel.

June 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
trivos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That must have been very scary for you. Sorry about the inconsiderate doctor. Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!
June 8th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Hart_N_Sole
She's adorable, congratulations!!!
June 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
I'm sorry about your crummy doctor but glad the nurses were all there for you. It sounds like you had a pretty good experience other than that!

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

June 8th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing your story. It does stink about having a crummy dr.

June 10th, 2007, 05:26 AM
yammie
She is so cute! I'm glad they got her out and were able to have both of you be as healthy as possible. Congrats to your family!
June 10th, 2007, 05:36 PM
stevie_momto5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a pretty little princess..i love those cheeks!! i'm glad everything turned out okay.. CONGRATS!!

September 11th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>
December 8th, 2007, 03:42 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I think our doctors must have been friends, both sound like idiots!! Glad that all was well even though she beat that full-term by one day...one day's not so much . She was just eager to see what was going on!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search