Introducing... Little Miss Kambry Drew!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Darian&Riley&Kambry's Avatar Darian&Riley&Kambry
YEP!!! I have had little Miss Kambry and she is perfect and healthy and we just got home today!! (in fact she was actually released before I was from the hospital!!) She was born Saturday May 26th at 6:34pm weighing 5 lbs 4 ounces and was 17 inches long (which was great for 35 weeks along)!! She has strawberry blonde hair just like her 5 yr old sister did and is so precious - I am completely in LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(LONG and LOTS of pics!!!)

Here is what happened:
On Saturday I was still getting the contractions pretty often and hurting but they weren't really getting very regular plus I just didn't feel right (plus I kept having diarrhea (TMI) over and over which is a major sign of labor the nurses said). My best friend wanted me to call in but I kept putting it off because I didn't want to just be whiney and for it to be nothing. Finally at about 3 pm the contractions were annoying enough that I called and they said go ahead and go back up to the hospital to be checked just in case. My best friend came and picked me and my youngest DD and drove us up to the hospital. Once we got to L & D they took me to a room and hooked me up to monitors and then all the sudden things were flying!!!! They said I was having strong contractions every few minutes and I was already 2cm dialated and when they hooked Kambry up her heartbeat kept dropping. Within 30 minutes they were hooking up my IVs, handing me consent forms, etc... I was so upset and nervous because since it was a Saturday my DH was away playing a show. My BFF called him to tell him what was happening and when she handed the phone to me I just started BAWLING- which made my BFF start bawling and both of the nurses in the room with me were starting to cry!!! Then I got upset because they said I was 34 weeks and 6 days and hospital policy is if the baby is less than 35 weeks it has to automatically go to the NICU for at least 24 hours. But about 5 minutes later the nurse came in and said "you got lucky! she is actually 35 weeks today so if she does well she won't have to go. We called some other friends to come up and watch youngest DD while I was in surgery and they rushed up to the hospital and within an hour of getting there they were making the first inicsion!!! At 6:34 that evening she was born and started wailing so loud immediately!!! She scored 8 and 9's on her APGARS so she was doing so good!! But I started bleeding from the previa and lost a liter of blood. UGH! Not fun! But I did get to stay completely awake during this one- no groggy medicine like with my youngest DD so I remember everything which is awesome!! DH arrived from out of town about 2 hours after she came to me from the nursery and it was so weird to be sitting there with our new baby and he missed it! But I'm just glad he could come then and he is so in love!!
After surgery they took me to recovery for an hour and then finally to my room. Kambry didn't get to leave the nursery and come to me until about 2 hours after birth because she was needing to be warmed plus she was breathing a little quick. But once she got that worked out they brought her to me and she stayed in the room with me the entire stay at the hospital. She is still a preemie so I have to be very careful of several things like keeping her warm enough and feeding very often to keep her blood sugar and weight up (she lost down to 4 lbs 14 ounces and started gaining back yesterday up to 4 lbs 16 ounces so I have to really watch her eating) and I have to know that she acts differently than a full term newborn. Breastfeeding hasn't been easy this time because she is so early that she doesn't quite understand it or have the energy or strength to work very hard for her food. I am trying to breastfeed as much as I can and then supplement with formula so she keeps gaining. She sleeps a TON because she is so tiny also.
I am recovering okay- I ended up getting the same infection I got with the last c-section but they caught it earlier and hooked me right back up to the IV and started giving me triple antibiotics. They let us go today but I have to keep taking oral antibiotics and go get checked on Friday. I feel pretty good except that my incision is so sore and my legs, ankles, and feet were so swollen before the surgery that they swelled even worse during and they are about 4 times their normal size. UGH!!!!! SO GROSS!!
Anyway- I am SOOOOOOOOOO TOTALLY IN LOVE with my newest DD and my middle DD is SOOO protective over her! It's really sweet! And we are SOOOOOO HAPPY to be home!!! I feel so totally lucky that she is here so early and that she is still so healthy!!!!!!!!
I hope everyone else is doing well- my computer wasn't working at the hospital and we just got home so I haven't been able to read everyones updates. Can't wait to see what's happening!!
Here are a bunch of pics I thought I would share- KAMBRY DREW:
right after birth- before bath

She had a little crowd waiting by the window for her:

Her proud sisters:

Baby Kambry:

Oldest DD with her newest baby sister:

Poor lil Miss Kambry Drew- even her preemie clothes are too big on her!

Her daddy when he finally got to see her for the first time:

chillin at the hospital:

Middle DD relaxing and holding her new sister:

Proud oldest sister:

Middle sister SOOOO happy not to be the baby anymore:

My "helpers" changing their first diaper (and fighting over it!)

WOO HOO!! She got an arm free!

UH OH!! Just about to have a fuss!

In her car seat today for her ride home!! She looked so tiny!!!

Proud mom to 3 girls- Darian Kelsey 15 yrs, Riley Jayne 8 yrs, and Kambry Drew born May 26th, 2007!
June 7th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
chillin at the hospital:
[/b]

This is the cutest baby picture EVER

June 11th, 2007, 11:12 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, great birth story and pics Paige!! I can't get enough of Kambry, she is just soooo precious! P.S...I'm glad you listened to me and went in!!

June 12th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
AWW how perfect!!! She doesn't even look like a premee!!! Congrats Momma!!!!!
June 14th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
beautiful birth story she is perfect.
June 14th, 2007, 04:46 PM
lil.mama.to.be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lil.mama.to.be
what a great birthstory! Kambry is such a doll!! and your family looks so happy expecially ur youngest DD awe
Congratz
June 14th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
great story
I still cant get over her she is such a doll!
June 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Wow! Thanks for sharing your birth story! I hope my water breaks on it's own like yours did, lucky mama! Kambry is so beautiful, as well as both of your other daughters! I love all of their names!
June 16th, 2007, 08:40 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story! Kambry is such a precious peanut!

June 17th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Ms.Michelle
June 18th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
Thank you so much for sharing your story, it sounds so exciting! Kambry is just adorable!

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery
June 19th, 2007, 02:20 AM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
omg I want to cry!

she is so amazing.
Your middle DD looks so adorable holding her.
Your oldest looks so in love.
&DH, I really feel for him, and you for him not being able to be there.

If DF couldn't make it I would just die.

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
June 20th, 2007, 10:02 PM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks so much for sharing your beautiful story. Kambry is gorgeous!!!

June 21st, 2007, 03:43 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Thanks for sharing, your precious daughter is sooo beautiful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search