Madison Renee 6/2/07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Super Mommy
At about 8:00am on Saturday 6/2 I woke up to a leaky feeling. I got up to go in the bathroom and water just leaked down both of my legs. When I sat on the toilet, another gush. I told DH that I think my water just broke. He got a big smile on his face. I put on a pad but continued to go through those. We wanted to stay home and labor there, but I wanted to call L&D to see if that was safe. They told me that due to the risk of infection, I needed to come in right away. I took a shower and ate breakfast, called my mom and we all headed down. In OB triage they determined it was amniotic fluid (duh, I could have told them that) and they admitted me. They wanted to give me pitocin right away but I wanted to walk around and try on my own. I was only at 1cm. They let me go the cafeteria for lunch for 45 minutes and put me back on the monitors for 20 minutes. They let me walk again for 45 minutes and checked me. I was only at 1 1/2 - 2 cm so they started the pitocin at 3pm. My nurse (who was awesome by the way) came in several times to ask me about the intensity of the pain and apparently I wasn't in enough pain so she continued to crank it up until I was having to breathe through the contractions and they were pretty painful. I decided to ask for the epidural because she told me they would have to give me a whole bag of fluid and get the anesthesiologist and it could take 45 minutes to an hour. Before I knew it he was there administering the epidural. That was heaven until I started getting some really painful contractions on one side. The anesthesiologist came back and put something else in my IV which took the pain away. They continued to monitor me and before I knew it, the nurse told me I was complete and we could start pushing. I started freaking out. I started shaking uncontrollably and my teeth were chattering (this happened during the IV, catheder, and Epidural but not to this extreme). As soon as I started pushing it stopped. I have to say that the epidural is heaven and I don't know how anyone could do this without it. I started to get a little feeling back on the left side, which was ok because then I knew when to push. It wasn't painful. I pushed from about 10:30 and Madison Renee was born at 11:53pm. Pushing is absolutely exhausting. My Dr. and nurse were both so great! They laid her on my stomach and I started crying when I saw my beautiful baby girl. They took her away and I watched in the mirror as they cleaned her up and saw her Daddy with her. It was so amazing and I didn't even notice the rest of the delivery and the Dr. repairing me. She is just great and the light of my life. She is a really good baby and we're doing pretty good with the breastfeeding. I love her so much!
June 7th, 2007, 08:10 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
what a beautiful story!! I cant believe your water broke when you were only at a 1. Thats awesome!! Congrats!!

June 7th, 2007, 10:00 PM
trivos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! Thank you for sharing your birth story.
June 8th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Congratulations! Good job, momma! Sounds like you did incredible.
June 8th, 2007, 02:42 PM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
Awww! What a sweet story... I'm so jealous! I wanna meet mine now!!

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

June 8th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story!!!

Congrats!!

June 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Congratulations! I'm happy that everything went well for you! You're right about the epidural! Thank God for those things! Oh and Yay for June 2nd babies!

June 9th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations, I always think someone's water breaking is sort of an exciting way to start labor. I mean, you aren't miserable and rushing yet, but you know you need to go and it's a surprise. It's always nice to hear the pleasant experiences. You have a beautiful daughter and it sounds like a beautiful birth story for her.
Amelia Kate born July 3rd at 9:09 am
8 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches long
June 10th, 2007, 05:21 AM
yammie
Congrats!! I wish my water would just break.. that's pretty lucky.. water just breaking and knowing Okay! I am having a baby TODAY!
September 11th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search