Reagan's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Cristie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After being sent home from the hospital multiple times being almost 4 cm, I had my Dr. appt. May 24th. My Dr. was pretty adament on getting me in the hospital. The problem was, I wasn't having any contractions that really measured anything. She had stripped my membranes on the 22nd, but that didn't really do anything at all. Anyway, I went to my Dr. appt. and she called the hospital and told them to take me as a direct admit. By the time I went and got checked in, It was 4:30 and I was in my hospital bed at around 5. They started the pitocin and my dr. came in and broke my water. About 15 minutes later, they asked if I wanted an epidural and I said "Yes", even though I was only 4 cm. After I got the epi, James said he was going to go down and get something to eat from a vending machine. He came back up about 10 minutes later and I told him I didn't think the epi was working. I called the nurse and she got the anesthesiologist to give me more medicine. Well, she did and the reason it seaming didn't work was because I was 10 cm and the baby was trying to come out..LOL. I had extra doses of the epi, so I couldn't even feel anything.. I mean NOTHING. I couldn't even feel when to push, it was crazy. I could even feel when I was trying to push, if I was actually pushing or not. So they had to stop everything because he was coming out as a "face presentation" and thought I would have to have a C-section. So, they bring up the U/S machine because they originally thought he was breech. The doctor was feeling his forehead and since it was wrinkly, she thought it was his butt..LOL. Anyway, they bring up like 5 other OB's because they don't get to see a "face presentation" too often and they kept asking me if the interns could feel the baby's head. I didn't care because I couldn't feel anything anyway. Anyway, I was told I could continue to push and he was out right away. I held him for a few minutes and then they took him to the NICU because he wasn't breathing right. He did get a 9/9 on his Apgar though. That night was the hardest because I didn't know what was happening to him. They called up at around 2 am and told me that they had to put him on a ventilator because he wouldn't breathe on his own. All I kept thinking of was that he was going to die. It was really scary and I couldn't go down to the NICU without crying because all I wanted to do was hold him. My labor was really short only like 3 hours, but it was action packed..LOL. I'm so happy to have him home with me.
June 11th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
good story!! sounds a little scary-im glad your little man was ok.

June 11th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations!! I'm happy that you had such a fast labor!!! I'm glad that your little boy is okay!!!

June 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That's great that you had such a fast labor. I'm glad everything worked out ok. I know it was scary there for a little while!

June 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Im sure that was scary!! Im glad everything turned out so well though!! Im glad it was quick for ya!! Congrats

June 12th, 2007, 03:01 AM
yammie
sounds like a dream labor! So glad everything turned out and baby Reagan is home and happy!!!
September 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search