Rhianna Rylee

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2007, 09:05 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I went in to be induced we arrived at 8am.

8:20am - They set up the monitors to listen to Rhianna as i was under the consultant care & being induced i had to keep the silly monitors on all the way through.

8:50am - Came off the monitors and the midwife prepared to break my waters

9:10am - Midwife tried to break my waters but she had a very hard time, She said i was not 3cm dilated like the consultant said the previous day and also because of my tilted uterus she found it hard to get to the waters? Anyway she tried for 20 minutes to break them.

9:40am - We went down to the cafe to get a cup of tea and something to eat before we began and also to try bring on some contractions.

10:15am - We went up to the room again, midwife asked if i had any contractions i had nothing at all only leaking waters. So she said we might aswell prepare the drip. She wanted to wait two hours to see if anything happened but i wasnt feeling a thing so she decided just to get on with the next step.

11:30am - My drip was set up and i was put back on the monitors to listen to Rhianna. In between then and 12:30 the pains wernt bad enough so the drip was turned up about 4 times to a higher level.

12:30pm - Contractions picked up and became quite painful at this point. I managed to rock through the pain but i couldnt sit down because the contractions were mostly in my lower back and butt well thats what it felt like everytime i sat down i would have to jump up with every contraction so i just rocked while standing on my feet. As time went on they became so painful i was almost falling over with pain and grabbing on to anything i could find just breathing through them.

2:20pm - I decided to try gas and air but this made me really dizzy and didnt help the contractions at all it would just make me feel like i was going to faint everytime i got one and i became wobbly on my legs. After a few more contractions i told my mum i couldnt do it anymore and that i needed an epidural.

2:45pm - I asked for my epidural.

3:30pm - I got given my epidural which was nice, but took there bloody time getting there lol

4:30pm - Mum asked again if they should check me because i hadnt been checked all morning and she said yes; She told me she needed me to be atleast 5cm dilated and that 6 would be even better. She checked me and i was 10cm the baby was +1 station and i was ready to push. I thought so as for a few hours i felt like i needed a poo. So i was given the epidural when i was fully dilated and thats probably why Rhianna was tired when she came out. they didnt want me to start pushing yet until she had set everything up and so i had to try and hold back for an hour which was very hard.

5:30pm - She came back and said we can start pushing now, i didnt expect to be pushing that long and i became exhausted really quickly. I kept saying i couldnt do it anymore and my blood pressure was going very high and at the same time Rhianna heartbeat was dropping, the midwife said she didnt like the look of it and that i needed to get her out. They decided to cut me because they wanted to get her out. I felt so dizzy/exhausted and ill all i can remember is them shouting at me to push harder.. i shouted that i couldnt and then they turned around and said her head was out and then i pushed and her shoulders came out, she was purple and the cord was wrapped around her neck they cut it. The next thing i know im holding this tiny tiny baby on my chest, i cant even remember her being put on there i just remember looking at this baby it was all such a blurr.

6:45 - They began stitching me up which took 45minutes then they left me to bond with Rhianna

Thats a kinda quick birth story lol but really not alot happened i was only in hard active labour for 5 hours 45 minutes and everything went so quickly. One minute im panting through contractions thinking i had hours to go the next minute im being told im 10cm and ready to push! even though it was quick it was still painful i wont do it again in a rush but deffinatly would do it again sometime in the future...

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

June 13th, 2007, 06:42 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Sounds like everything went well! Congratulations on your beautiful Rhianna!

June 14th, 2007, 01:25 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Oh my, well I am glad everything turned out well! Congratulations!!!

June 23rd, 2007, 02:06 AM
Regular
i am rhianna's nanny and was there at the birth. i was so overwelmed to be there when my grandaughter took her first breath, what could be more special.i just want to thank my daughter for letting me be part of it. love you loads xx

i have been jingled by sarahlouise
I have recieved a holiday gift from sarahlouise</div>
June 23rd, 2007, 09:34 AM
icee644's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to icee644
Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you, I remember that you were in the OCT 06 DDC for a little while with me. I'm glad you got your little one!
September 16th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>
September 18th, 2007, 10:28 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
OMG! I'd have died if it took 20 minutes to break my water, I hate having them do anything like that, and it is so uncomfy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search