The wonderful introduction to motherhood ~Jack's Birth Story~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Saturday night (June 9th) I started noticing s little bit of blood on the toilet paper each time I would use the bathroom. It was really tiny but it was a red streak everytime I had wiped. June 10th we headed over our friends house for a BBQ; at around 7:40pm they just went to put the meat on the grill and I stood up to use the washroom. As soon as I stood up I had this gross gush of water and of course I thought it was just pee. I went to the bathroom and the gushing kept coming and coming. My friend kept dancing around saying, "your water broke....your water broke" *(I was in complete denial at this point)*.

DH and I left and headed right away to L&D. We arrived at 7:55pm and I went into a small exam room for about an hour (I had to take a sample of my fluid, and they were monitoring me). Well that is where I experienced my first inner exam.....IT WAS AWFUL!!! It hurt soooooo bad it made me cry. We found out that I was only 1cm dialated but where I was 35 weeks; they couldn't let me go home.

So from around 9:00pm until 2pm there was little to no progress to the labor. I was contracting but with no regular patterns and they weren't strong at all. So they decided to put me on Petocin (sp?). Each 30 minutes they increased the drip until the contractions were making me throw up (filled 3 bed pans) and I was close to blacking out with each one. It was the most incredible pain I have ever experienced; and I really though I was not going to make it. At this point; I went against everything I believed and I took the drugs through the IV just to take the edge off. That worked for a little while but at this point I was only 2-3 cm and I just couldn't handle it anymore. So I was half blacking out and freaking for more drugs (enter the epidural!!). So the hospital refused me one until I was at least 4 cm; they were worried it would stop my contractions and I would have to have a c-section. So in the mean time they gave me laughing gas (IT WAS AWESOME!!...) I needed it while they were putting in the epi. I don't remember much after that b/c I was pretty high from the gas (since I couldn't move through really BAD contractions. At 10:30am the meds were working and it was the most amazing experience (AFTER it started to work). From 10:30am I was 4 cm then ended up at 10cm at around 2:20pm. I could feel the need to push and I could feel his head crowning.

At around 2:20 I started to push and I was DETERMINED that he was coming quick. So b/c I could only feel the pressure I was able to push AWESOME b/c I didn't feel any pain. It took 22 minutes and only 12 pushes and he was out. It was the most incredible experience that I have ever had. When they placed him on my chest; nothing else mattered.

I ended up with a 2nd degree tear and a running stich.

He was 7 pounds 10 oz and 19 inches long.

Labor was awful but pushing was amazing; you feel like you are on top of the world....it's a very empowering experience.

June 14th, 2007, 08:14 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww, thanks for sharing your incredable birth story heather!! Sorry to hear about all the troubles at first but I'm glad you got to experience a great birth after all...I LOVE my epi's, it made my experiences with Birth so enjoyable!

June 16th, 2007, 07:25 AM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Thank you soooo much for taking the time to tell us your wonderful story! I am sorry it started out rough, but the later parts sounded good. Stories like that help me know I can do it! Congratulations, mama...He's BEAUTIFUL!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
June 16th, 2007, 09:57 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Wow! Thanks for sharing! I would love to see more pictures of him, he is precious! Do you recommend the epi?!
June 16th, 2007, 07:38 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way to go Heather! Jack is just beautiful! I'm so happy everything worked out and you got to have a wonderful birth! (I loved my epi's too! ) Thanks for sharing your beautiful birth story!

June 17th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story! That is VERY exciting!

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
June 17th, 2007, 11:59 AM
lil.mama.to.be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lil.mama.to.be
what a great job heather u really idunno u just make it seem so worth it the way u describe things
June 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
Good Job Sweetie , You did a great job!
It is a life changing experience !

Jack is such a sweetheart!
June 17th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Ms.Michelle
June 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so happy to read that everything ended up going so well for you!! He is BEAUTIFUL

June 18th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
Great job mama!! Sounds like you had a great experience. Jack is so cute, Congrats!!!

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery
June 19th, 2007, 01:11 AM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
wow!

I am so excited for my delivery now, I was so scared before.
You have no idea how much better I feel after reading that!

but you tore? did that hurt?
maybe you wouldn't want to share but how was the pain afterwards?

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
June 19th, 2007, 03:31 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats....

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

June 20th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww...Heather you are AMAZING girl!!! I am so excited for you...now that sounds like labor was rough...and I am like you and not wanting to have any drugs or an epi...but you made it sound like it wasn't so bad. Jack is soooo beautiful..what a precious little baby boy! Congrats again! How is the BF by the way???...since you are new to it I am curious to see how it is working for you...

Thanks Kara!!
June 20th, 2007, 09:06 PM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you had such a scary start but so glad it turned out okay - and with pitocin you almost have to have those epis!

Your little man is beautiful!

June 21st, 2007, 02:40 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad your birth experience went well.

Jack is gorgeous.
June 22nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls

I didn't feel the tearing at all or the stitches, I have to be honest I was in little to no pain after leaving the hospital. I didn't even take all the meds they gave me in there (tylenol and Advil). When I went home I felt amazing; I still like using my spray bottle when I pee and even my pp bleeding was very small after 2 days.

I feel like I was VERY blessed with my time after Jack's birth; I barely felt anything after my epi including until I went home.

Breastfeeding has been going amazing; first time mom's just need to realize that it's a process you need to learn WITH your baby. The nurses were all amazed how calm I was in the hospital. I just knew that breastfeeding had to be learned by us both; he had never had a breast in his mouth...so you can't expect miracles right away. Thankfully he did latch on very well from the beginning so it's been a wonderful experience for us both .

I am still upset I couldn't do it without drug assistance; but I had no choice I just couldn't handle it without it.

It's true as soon as you see your little one; you would do it all over again

OH...the one problem I did deal with was constipation!! WOW it was really rough for the first few days.

If I could suggest anything; start drinking prune juice as soon as you get home!!

June 22nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
If I could suggest anything; start drinking prune juice as soon as you get home!![/b]
Thanks for the tip girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search