Introducing Layla Makena

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
zoecat3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On Saturday, I convinced DH to go to the County Fair by telling him that the more I walk the better it is for my cervix since nothing was happening on it's own. We were there for about 5 or 6 hours and walked a lot. That night I came home and was pretty sore so I just layed around. The next day which was Father's Day I had a cleaning frenzy. I just wanted to clean and clean and cook too which I usually hate doing. At about 10:00 at night after DD went to bed and all the dishes were done I decided I couldn't stand my shower anymore so I decided it was time to scrub it down. DH thought I was nuts but hey I had a clean shower. At about 11:00 I laid down in bed with DH and tossed and turned for a little bit. At 11:25 I felt a gush and knew exactly what happened. I told DH my water broke and he literally jumped out of bed and said "Okay now what?" I told him to grab me a towel so I could get out of bed without making a mess everywhere else. He ran into the hallway and just stood there. I asked him what's wrong and he said he couldn't remember where the towels were. Poor guy was freaking out...lol. I told him where the towels were and he got on the phone so we could get someone here to watch DD. I jumped in the shower and shaved my legs and got myself nice and clean. We got to the hospital at about 1:00 a.m. and they immediately started sticking me for an IV. It took 5 darn tries and 3 different nurses before they got the IV in. I was getting pissed. They immediately pumped me with Magnesium (Yuck!!) and Pitocin. By 2:00 contractions were coming 2 minutes apart and were getting pretty strong pretty fast. I asked for the epidural at 4:30 and it came right away. Ahhhh, can you say relief? My BP dropped significantly after they inserted it so I got a little light headed and nauseaus but it went away. The epidural lasted about 1 1/2 hours before I actually started feeling pain down in my cha cha. They kept asking the anesthesiologist to come back and pump me with a bolust but it wasn't working. Long story short is the epidural didn't quite do what it was supposed to do but it was providing me with a little relief. It took 12 hours before I got to 5 centimeters dialted and was told it should be easy sailing from then on out since I was 100% effaced. WooHoo. Well a couple hours after that they checked me and I was still 5 centimeters. Then another couple hours went by and I was STILL 5 centimeters so the Dr. came in and said I was having picture perfect contractions and I should be dialated fully by them so he was getting concerned about my uterus rupturing. At 6:30 I was being prepped for a c-section for lack of progression. I was concerned because the epidural wasn't working so I asked what they were going to do. I couldn't go into surgery feeling pain. They reinserted the epidural and it took that time. I was also warned I might be put under if it didn't work which scared the crap out of me. I am deathly afraid of being put under anthesia. I was completely numb until we got me on the operating table. TMI - I felt like someone was flicking my clitoris. The antesthiologist assured me nobody was touching me there so on they went with the surgery since I wasn't feeling anything else. I didn't feel them cutting me but it felt like the baby was trying to come out of my clitoris at parts of the c-section. This feeling would come and go. I was in so much pain I was screaming and nobody was listening to me. Everybody kept telling me to focus on how my baby was going to look to try to get my mind off the pain. It wasn't working. I was just screaming in pain. Anyway, I had to sit through it and bear through the pain until DD was born. I heard her cry and I just started bawling. While they were sewing me up DH had the baby on my chest but I couldn't take the pain so I told him to get the baby off of me before I hurt it. Not meaning I wanted to hurt her but I was scared and in pain. Finally someone threw a mask over my face saying it was oxygen but apparently it was a sedative. I could still feel the pain but I couldn't really move or talk. I heard my DH tell the anthesiologist I was out and I remember shaking my head to tell them I wasn't. I just had to sit there and I remember wondering why they just wouldn't knock me out but I couldn't talk to let them know.
After the c-section we were told it was a good thing we got there when we did because my prior incision was hanging on by just a thin thin layer and was very near rupturing. If I would have had a few more strong contractions I probably would have ruptured. What a scary thought. It's weird how it all worked out with the lack of progression Just think if I kept on progessing, I could have ruptured. Believe it or not, I still am happy that I labored for 19 hours though. I at least feel like I got to experience labor now even though I didn't push the baby out.

Anyway, Layla Makena arrived at 7:02 p.m. on June 18th and weighed 6 lbs 14 oz 20 inches long. She had a head full of dark curly hair at birth but it seems to be lightening up and isn't curly at the moment. I'm sure when she has another bath and her hair is wet it will be curly again.

So ladies waiting for labor to start. WALK WALK WALK. It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you cavewoman for the awesome siggy!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
June 23rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Boy, what an ordeal that was! I am so relieved that everything turned out alright, I am sure you were scared out of your mind at some points. I/m sorry you were in such pain. You are a very strong and loving mother... your daughters are very lucky!!! Thank you for taking the time to tell us all your story. It's truly amazing how these little babies come into the world!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
June 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
Wow, what a story, thank you for sharing it! I am glad you are doing ok now, how scared you must have been. I am glad to hear Layla is healthy and you are doing ok now. Someone must have been watching over you to make sure you didn't rupture, I can't imagine the pain you must have went through. Now get your rest and enjoy your new addition to your family!

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery
June 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YIKES...how freaky!! I couldn't imagine going through that and feeling pain and nobody listening to you!! You must of been sooo scared!! I'm just happy to hear that you and Layla are fine, that's the most important part!! Congrats on a beautiful baby girl and hopefully next time(if there is a next time ) you'll have a much better experience!!

June 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Cassie5354's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie5354
WOW, that doesn't sound like much fun at all. I would have totally been freaking out if that were me. I'm so happy everything turned out well in the end. Scary to think what could have happened. Hope you're feeling better now. BTW your a really good story teller, I felt like I was there.
June 24th, 2007, 01:07 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WHOA...very scary indeed!!! I'm just so happy everything worked out in the end and you are okay, and Layla is here and healthy! Thank you for sharing your incredible story! You are one strong, amazing mommy!!!

June 24th, 2007, 09:22 AM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow - what a story! I am so glad that you avoided a rupture and Layla arrived safe and sound!!

June 24th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
walking huh?? okie dokie! Glad everyone is heathy... what an ordeal in the operating room!

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
June 24th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Darian&Riley&Kambry's Avatar Darian&Riley&Kambry
OMG!! SCARY sounding!!! I'm so sorry you had such a rough time!!!! But I am so glad that your sweet little girl arrived here healthy!!!! CONGRATS!!

Proud mom to 3 girls- Darian Kelsey 15 yrs, Riley Jayne 8 yrs, and Kambry Drew born May 26th, 2007!
June 25th, 2007, 08:56 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Awww I'm sorry things were a little rough! I bet you sure are glad to have that sweet, baby girl though! KUP!
June 25th, 2007, 01:11 PM
zoecat3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies. It has been a week since delivery day and I am feeling great. It's funny how a bad experience like that is so easy to forget when you've got a beautiful little baby to hold on to.

Quote:
Congrats on a beautiful baby girl and hopefully next time(if there is a next time ) you'll have a much better experience!![/b]
LOL.... poor DH thinks there is going to be a next time. I told him after that experience there is NO WAY I am going through it again. He thinks in a couple months I will forget about it all and want another. We'll see.

Quote:
BTW your a really good story teller, I felt like I was there.[/b]
Awe, thank you.

Thank you cavewoman for the awesome siggy!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
June 26th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a birth story girl; I can't believe you could feel that much pain!!

You are a trooper for sure; motherhood and birth is not for wimps.

Congrats again on your beautiful baby girl; she is just perfect.

June 26th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Wow what a birth story, but im glad you both are doing well.

July 4th, 2007, 11:33 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
What an amazing story, you did so well to deal with all that and I'm glad everything worked out ok in the end.

July 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beckswith2
How crazy! I am glad that everything turned out ok and you are both doing well. Layla is beautiful!!
July 6th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Ms.Michelle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search